Chapter 6: The Clovers Lab

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 7, 2022 8:16 am
Sabine stops abruptly at the urging of Mikael's voice. She instantly grabs up Sundgren's pistol and aims it at her head. "Tie her up if you want, but I see no other way of reversing all the damage she has done to our reality, besides tossing her in her own twisted machine so that she ceases to exist in our reality. We should spray her down with paint too in case those tattoos are calculations to get back. We don't need people like her in our world."

Elisabeth Sundgren

bowlofspinach

Jun 7, 2022 12:36 pm
You all rush into the room, Stina and Mikael working on the machine while Sabine heads straight for Dr. Sundgren, attacking her violently with the bat. Despite the very quick entrance and acting of all the kids, Dr. Sundgren reacts surprisingly quickly. She can't stop Sabine from knocking her gun away from her, but she shields herself against the blows that Sabine keeps raining down on her. The white-haired woman's arms must hurt like hell after all these strikes with the bat. It's a wonder they're not broken. But she keeps strong until Mikael, his and Stina's work successful and the machine deactivated now, turns to Sabine and stops her from further assaulting the woman.
Stina and Henry quickly check on the kids attached to the machine. They're alive and conscious, though they appear very dizzy und unsure of their surroundings.

"I've been removed from this reality once before," Dr. Sundgren says. If she's scared of the gun pointed at her, she doesn't show it. Her voice is dripping with confidence, even arrogance. "It took me ten years to come back. I bet the next time, it would take a fraction of that. Still, I would much prefer not to be erased or even killed." She rises back up to her feet, her hands lifted in seeming surrender. "I am sure there has been a little misunderstanding here. I am only trying to help this world. All that my colleagues and I ever wanted was to improve the lives of everyone. I'm sure you would want the same thing." She glances over to the shut-off machine and flashes a confident smile at Sabine and Mikael. "I'm sure we can come to an understanding. We all want our reality back the way it used to be. You promise to let me go as soon as reality is fixed and we'll go our separate ways. Doesn't that just sound wonderful?"
Elisabeth Sundgren
Jun 7, 2022 1:03 pm
She stands up from the kids on their torture seats, enraged at the woman's words.
"You caused all this! You are in no position to negotiate, bitch!" she shouts, pointing a finger at her, hand dripping blood. She gestures at the dizzy kids in the Lab, "You kidnapped and TORTURED these kids!! You want promises?!? What did you promise THEM?"

She steps closer to the woman. "My little brother ceased to exist because of your fucking experiments!! You do what you need to do to... fix reality, or whatever. You do it RIGHT NOW - then we'll see about you!"

Stina walks to where the Doctor's gun has fallen, and collects it.
Last edited June 7, 2022 1:12 pm

Elisabeth Sundgren

bowlofspinach

Jun 7, 2022 1:10 pm
OOC:
Sabine already has her gun
The evil scientist doesn't seem too impressed by Stina's outburst. Or maybe she just pretends to be calm. "Progress demands sacrifice. I never meant to harm these children. And the ones that remained will recover. They most likely won't even remember this ever happened." She stands straight and proud. "Lower your weapons and let's be reasonable. You want me as a friend, not an enemy."
Elisabeth Sundgren
Jun 7, 2022 1:58 pm
"You're a monster," Mikael says, "but maybe you have further purpose. You said you can *fix* reality. Why did it need to be fixed in the first place? Did that happen just because you 'came back'?"

Elisabeth Sundgren

bowlofspinach

Jun 7, 2022 2:04 pm
"Many great minds were regarded as monsters in their time," Dr. Sundgren replies. "Partially, yes. My return caused some issues. But my work afterwards caused more. You see, Sven, Natasha and I, we could have really made a difference back in the day. And yes, it was because of our, frankly, brilliant minds, but also because we had access to the most ingenious technology in the world. The Hephaesteum, a laboratory created from Flesh and Steel and filled with technologies you can't even imagine. We were going to change the world. But the police didn't understand. Narrow-minded fools. They wanted to stop us, so I tried to keep the Hephaesteum safe. I wanted to move it forward in time, so they would not find us and we could pick up our work now. I failed. Instead of sending it forward, I sent it sideways, into a different universe. And me with it. After I returned, I obviously had to find it as well. And I was so very close. Until you kids came in and interrupted me."
Elisabeth Sundgren
Jun 7, 2022 3:18 pm
Mikael, his eyes on Sundgren the whole time, moves closer to Sabine and motion to take the extra pistol. "Yeah, I've heard enough of this. How do we restore our reality, you sick fuck? How do we get Stina's brother back?"
Jun 7, 2022 4:02 pm
"You don't restore it," Sundgren says. "You're children. I have spent the last ten years doing nothing but interdimensional physics." She unbuttons her shirt further, revealing that her entire body is covered in tattoos of scientific formulas. "You don't put a bullet in my head. You don't remove me from this reality. You leave here and return to Stenhamra or Kungsberga or Bona or wherever you live. And by the time you get home, everything will be back the way you remember it."
Jun 7, 2022 5:00 pm
"Yeah, or something worse happens! One of us blinks out of existence, or we find out we don't know each other anymore. Or we're in the midst of World War III." He looks to the others, "We cannot take the chance. Not this time. Stina...guys, we might not be able to go back to how things were if we end this now." He raises the gun halfway from the floor towards Sundgren, tears in his eyes from the anger and fear wracking his brain and body.

KCC

Jun 8, 2022 12:53 am
OOC:
Sabine is now in possession of two firearms, correct? Henry wants to get his hands on one of those!
Jun 8, 2022 2:04 am
OOC:
Mikael already grabbed the spare and is pointing it at Sundgren

KCC

Jun 8, 2022 1:02 pm
"What about the other kids? The ones that don’t remain? There are more missing kids than I count here."
OOC:
Is Jillian a goner?
Jun 8, 2022 1:07 pm
OOC:
Yes, while all other changes to the universe have been reversed, Jillian is gone for good.

KCC

Jun 8, 2022 1:33 pm
OOC:
Someone smoke this woman! Bang bang!
Jun 9, 2022 8:31 am
OOC:
so, not sure what has been decided as a common course of action against Sundgren - sounds like Stina's wrench attack didn't happen, though. Shall I delete that post?
Jun 9, 2022 12:10 pm
OOC:
Yes, I'd rather not include that post. Sorry. As for how to proceed in general, I opened a poll in the OOC

Elisabeth Sundgren

bowlofspinach

Jun 10, 2022 4:20 am
"There's one kid that I lost in my search," Dr. Sundgren replies. "I would have lost this one as well, but I kept him safe." She points at Sixten. "The other one was a miscalculation on my part. I wouldn't have sent her if I had known it was going to happen. But progress always carries risk."

She shrugs, then looks all of you over. She clearly doesn't look afraid. Your talk of shooting her or using her machine to erase her is clearly just empty talk. "So, what now then? Just go home and I promise, everything will be fine. We never even have to cross paths again."
Elisabeth Sundgren

KCC

Jun 10, 2022 10:02 am
"No." Henry says, and there’s a resigned finality to it. Maybe if the woman had shown remorse, like the others had. Or pleaded unintended side effects. But this woman was brazen, even when cornered.

That couldn’t be allowed.

"No. We can’t do that."

Henry couldn’t begin to imagine how to use the machine. Nor would he risk further instability by tinkering with it. Turning it off was the only option.

He reaches for inside his coat pocket, and pulls out the hammer.

"This ends." and he rushes the crazed scientist.

Elisabeth Sundgren

bowlofspinach

Jun 11, 2022 12:48 pm
Before Dr. Sundgren can make another snarky comment or proclaim her superiority again, Henry's hammer smacks into her head with a loud crack, accompanied by a sickening wet sound that makes those of you who had been present there think of the machine fetus.
The scientist collapses limply to the side, unmoving, and blood slowly pools around her head. She's unconscious but still alive. If you want to put her into the machine, you'll have to do it quickly.
Elisabeth Sundgren

KCC

Jun 11, 2022 1:15 pm
Henry stoops down, over the woman, and raises his hammer to put an end to this. What that means for him, he isn’t sure…
OOC:
Raising the hammer. Leaving space for others to jump in!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.