Call for Submissions

load previous
Jul 31, 2022 6:34 pm
One month to go! We have received two stories so far. We know that it is the nature of these things that most submissions will come in the final days. Still, we're excited for the deluge we hope is coming.

If you have any questions or are stuck for how to push your own story forward, we'd love to help.

What are we looking for?
Stories inspired by roleplaying experiences. Maybe these are characters you wish could have seen accomplish their goals, or an plot/event in game that stuck with you for how it affected the characters.

Thielindra once wrote a story, based upon a D&D 3.5 campaign she played in for a couple years. Her characters was a Geomancer, a kind of spellcaster that slowly sprouted new random features. Antlers, spider silk glands, striped skin, it was crazy. Her story didn't take the campaign itself and recite the events, but instead, she took that idea, of someone transformed by magic, and wrote a story about a desperate farm girl who allowed a wizard to perform magical experiments on her in order to help save the family farm. Spoiler alert, these changes weren't all for the better.

Mostly, think carefully about the main point-of-view character, and how they're affected by the events. A great story puts the reader in the character's space, and shows them the emotions and drama that the character experiences.
Jul 31, 2022 9:53 pm
I want to read that farmgirl story now
Jul 31, 2022 10:18 pm
bowlofspinach says:
I want to read that farmgirl story now
It’ll be in the anthology. 🙂
Jul 31, 2022 10:25 pm
Yay
Aug 10, 2022 10:12 pm
Just submitted a story. I will try to get one or two more in before the end of the month.
Last edited August 10, 2022 10:13 pm
Aug 10, 2022 11:51 pm
@Julius_Seizure received and thank you!
Aug 24, 2022 10:00 pm
Story submitted a week before the deadline!
Aug 25, 2022 4:01 pm
@Windyridge thanks! Another for the pile. Less than a week to go for the rest of you! Even if you don't get it just right, send it in before the deadline. We'll suggest changes for the final version so you'll have a bit more time for that, but we can't edit anything we don't know about.
Aug 29, 2022 1:37 pm
Just a few days left.
Aug 31, 2022 1:03 pm
We have recieved eight submissions so far, plus Thielindra and I will contribute one or two each.

There is room for more, but today is the last day.
Aug 31, 2022 7:20 pm
Did you receive mine? :D There was no confirmation, so I belatedly realized that maybe I should check. Just in case!
Aug 31, 2022 7:21 pm
You did submit something after all? Yay
Aug 31, 2022 7:34 pm
I did, like a true procrastinator - at the last possible day. :'D
Aug 31, 2022 7:37 pm
That's awesome!

And no better time for it 😁
Aug 31, 2022 7:51 pm
We did receive yours, @FlyingSucculent, and also one from @Phil_Ozzy_Fer in case he's wondering.
Sep 1, 2022 1:06 am
I got my submission in earlier today and received the confirmation. Thank you, Qrallog, for doing this. Whatever happens, it was a great experience. I found your writing tips very helpful when did my last-minute edits.
Sep 1, 2022 1:38 am
I love how you had to clarify that they weren't very helpful
Sep 1, 2022 2:22 am
Submitted! And I didn't even need to calculate when it'd be midnight at the International Date Line....

Thanks for hosting!
Sep 1, 2022 2:35 am
rpgventurer says:
I got my submission in earlier today and received the confirmation. Thank you, Qrallog, for doing this. Whatever happens, it was a great experience. I found your writing tips very helpful when did my last-minute edits.
Qrallog? Ten points from Hufflepuff.

😆
Sep 1, 2022 2:04 pm
Thanks for all the submissions everyone. We really appreciate the enthusiasm and participation we’ve seen with this project.

Over the next few weeks, Q and I will go over all the stories, and let you know if your work will be part of the anthology. At that point, we will send back a contract, editing, and maybe some developmental suggestions.

Thanks again for being part of this.

Thielindra
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.