*The Final Enemy

load previous
Jun 6, 2023 11:02 pm
"I sense no evil," says Venemar as he follows Blind Monkey towards the humanoid in the corner. He removes some rations from his pack.
Jun 7, 2023 12:04 am
Beyond the gate is a long, quite narrow room of plain-dressed stone. Four pillars are equally spaced north-south. To your right, along the foot of the east wall, there appears to be a shallow trough cut into the stone floor. This is slightly stained in various places and traces of a brownish liquid shine wetly in the light you are casting. The trough appears to run the full length of this wall.

To your left, along the west wall, a large number of lengths of chain are attached to the wall at waist height, each length with a manacle at its other end. These chains occur in pairs, and again there seem to be chains along the entire length of the west wall.

In the corner huddles a bearded, disheveled, and emaciated figure; a human male.
Jun 7, 2023 7:12 am
Blind Monkey help the man to stand.

We here to deliver you.

He cries to the other

Man is in shackle on the wall, can you find key ?
Jun 7, 2023 1:00 pm
The man is so weak as to be unable to stand under his own power. He collapses as soon as his legs are under him. "Water..." he says pleadingly.
Jun 7, 2023 1:45 pm
"Here, good man," Albionus exclaimed, approaching the man with his water skin."Drink slowly now, or you will be sick", he added, trying to control the rate at which the feeble man drank the fresh water. "Are you alone here? What is your name?".
OOC:
Is Natassia Lightfoot still with us? I have the impression that she did not follow us here, but would like to clarify.
Jun 7, 2023 2:36 pm
The Monk turn toward his companions.

Someone brought water ! Good, I did not.
OOC:
Edited, I did no see previous post.
Last edited June 7, 2023 5:26 pm
Jun 7, 2023 3:39 pm
OOC:
Natassia is not with you, no.
"My name? My... name is... Elmo. Thank you," he says, drinking gratefully.
Jun 10, 2023 9:26 pm
"Here, try and eat some of this," says Venemar offering Elmo some of his rations.

He found some keys on the dead Sahuagin to the slaves’ shackles. He tries these to see if he can free Elmo.
Jun 11, 2023 12:48 am
The keys do free the old man, but he seems too weak to eat.
Jun 11, 2023 10:39 am
Blind Monkey offer his shoulder to help him get up and walk.

We go out of this dread place !
Jun 11, 2023 7:10 pm
A brief examination of the old man proves that he would likely not survive the trip of extraction. He grips Blind Monkey's arm weakly. "Please... listen. No time. Sent by Prince... strange things here. We came in... saw monsters. Captured... others killed... put to work."
Jun 11, 2023 7:53 pm
"what strange things!? Tell us who you served, so we may let them know the extent of your devotion to their service," the Magus stated steadily, as he began realising the prisoner might not be able to leave this foetid pit.
OOC:
Does it look like he has seconds to live, or hours? If he were carried and cared for, does he seem able to survive? Also, could magical healing save him? A potion, or some laying on hands?
Jun 11, 2023 9:47 pm
OOC:
From the looks of him, he has but moments to live and it is painfully obvious that he will not this place alive. The magical healing needed to save him is likely well beyond anything that you have access to (unless you have a wish hidden away). He would likely require a cure critical wounds, neutralize poison, and cure disease, at the very least, to return him to health.
"Monsters..." the man continues. "Not fish-things," he says, pointing at the lizard men. "Sent by Prince... Prince... Monmurg. Came in... through... sea cave. Where... others? Killed by monsters."
Jun 12, 2023 9:39 pm
Venemar extends his hands and performs cure disease. He has never done this before and thinks the chances of saving Elmo may be remote but feels he has to try.
Jun 27, 2023 6:16 pm
Alas, it would seem that the man is too far gone for the cure disease alone to be effective.
Jun 28, 2023 11:58 am
"Prince Monmurg?...", the magus pondered, right hand absent-mindedly stroking his lustrous beard.
OOC:
Does the name mean anything to Albionus?
Jun 28, 2023 8:29 pm
OOC:
The only Monmurg that comes immediately to mind is the city of Monmurg, Capitol of the Hold of the Sea Princes to the south. That realm is in a state of chaos, however, and it seems unlikely that any Prince would have sent him from there.
Jun 30, 2023 10:39 pm
Venemar looks around for things which could be used like a stretcher to carry Elmo out.

"We’re going to get you out," he says to Elmo.

"I think we should make our way out now," he suggests to the others.
Jul 12, 2023 8:36 pm
"Sir Venemar, a word...?", the pompous magus stated in a rather urgent voice, as he headed away from Elmo's prison as the others carried out the paladin's orders.

Trying to be discrete about what he was about to say, despite the crowded conditions, Albionus spoke in urgent, hushed tones.

"I have no willingness to stay in these tunnels more than is needed, but — unless I am mistaken — our mission was to disrupt the sea devil's plans, not evacuate the unfortunate prisoners of these hideous monsters. Is this a tactical retreat, to set Elmo in the relative safety of our ship? I fear that if we fall back now, the Sea Devils will fortify this position even more. And if they have not yet responded to our incursion, it must be that they are still unaware, or facing other troubles below."
Last edited July 12, 2023 8:38 pm
Jul 15, 2023 7:30 pm
Elmo's eyes begin to lose their luster and his lips move though no sound comes from them. With surprising strength, he grips Blind Monkey's arm and whispers something to the monk.

WhtKnt sent a note to YullyBear
With that, his limbs grow slack and the light fades from his eyes. His body goes limp and a deep gurgling comes from somewhere within his throat.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.