Q&A / Notices

load previous
Jun 25, 2022 1:12 pm
If it was not clear by now you will likely be in battle next week. I plan to use Tableplop, for now, as the Map Poll results are a tie, for now, and it is what I prefer. There are links to tableplop In the Handout, character pop out below rolls, or use this invite and join my session there. The only setup of creating a site account then linking it to your character token

I will be posting at least 3 times as week and move past decision points with at least 2 votes when I do. This is based on the Concensus Poll. If there is a split vote or a decision can't be seconded then events may slow down. However, prolonged ooc discussion will not stop game time and events may change as options are base hashed out. So if the party can't act within several real time days don't expect the game to pause indefinitely.
Jun 25, 2022 1:32 pm
Can a player expand the Handout, below Rolls. This should make 2 pink/red expandable pop-ups appear in the top-right and bottom-left. See if you can expand then edit the form field stats on the PC Tracker, top-right, and let me know
This is a bit of an experiment so let me know if you have any feedback
Jun 25, 2022 1:51 pm
I was able to expand and edit them
Jun 25, 2022 2:03 pm
Yeah, thanks.
Unfortunately I see no change.
Can anyone set a PC hp to 0 and add your id to the conditions, finishing each edit with an <Enter> then let me know. Ex - I set Lee to 0 and added psybermagi to his conditions.
Hopefully we can get this to work, if not I will just track it for your reference
Jun 25, 2022 4:31 pm
I made some adjustments. Hopefully they stick.
Jun 25, 2022 4:31 pm
Looks like my changes didn’t stick on those pink pop-ups.
Jun 25, 2022 4:38 pm
Well I guess I will track for now. Feel free to track on you own and correct if I miss anything. Thanks for the help.
If any has an opinion on the combat tracker let me know as it is a work in progress. Current options are 1- As is, 2 combine PC/NPC, 3 put both just in the handout (no pop up), 4 updates posted inline probably as spoilers. I am open to suggestions/feedback
Jun 30, 2022 5:57 pm
Quote:
[ +- ] Side Initiative
So the way this works is it begins like normal initiative.
[ +- ] Surprise (Round -1)
[ +- ] High initiative (Round 0)
Side Initiative Round 1+
Players can go/post whenever they have time each round. I will try to keep the status tracker up to date as things happen.
Jul 8, 2022 12:45 pm
I clarified my expected minimum posting rate in the game description and rules.
Each player should post about every other day not a total of one post from the entire party every other day. Initially this was not an issue so I did not think it needed clarification but current posting is not keeping pace. Let me know if you can not keep up with that so I can manage my expectations
Jul 22, 2022 9:56 pm
According to JC on twitter "If hidden, you stop being hidden if you make appreciable noise (including the verbal component of a spell), you make an attack, or you're spotted. If you cast a spell that involves none of those stoppers, you're still hidden. #DnD".
DM Screen has a sound radius guideline
NoiseDistance
Trying to be quiet2d6 x 5 feet
Normal noise level2d6 x 10 feet
Very Loud2d6 x 50 feet

My ruling on casting with verbal component from hiding : Any spell with a vocal component can be cast from concealment and will not affect your hidden status visually but anyone who can hear within a radius of 10' will definitely do so while those within 30' may detect it. I will adjust the radius based on the environment. Ex: in combat or next to a loud noise source reduces the range of sound by 5' per 5' (similar to moving in difficult terrain). So someone within 5' will always hear your but someone 10' from you and next to a large waterfall might not.
Jul 22, 2022 10:28 pm
I didn't post anything for the owl, but I suspect it is just hovering there looking at everything that is happening. It knows Sirocco never wants it in combat generally as he hates having to resummon it.
Jul 22, 2022 10:31 pm
Understood the owl is perpetually dodging and just looking around unless stated otherwise.
Jul 25, 2022 8:05 pm
Hey @Psybermagi, I want to let you know that I can see your private chat forum with @Taillesswonder.

I think you need to adjust the security settings on his thread.
Jul 25, 2022 8:21 pm
Oh well. The chat doesn't have to be secret, it's just for planning how the story can bring my char into contact with the group, and as I set up my char on the custom sheet.
Jul 25, 2022 8:25 pm
Thanks Hero.
Fixed it and will verify fix later
Jul 25, 2022 9:01 pm
It seems fixed to me; I cannot see the forum anymore.
Aug 2, 2022 11:00 pm
How does Constitution hp bonus factor into the short rest HD variant? Is it roll 1/2 HD, then add bonus? Or is it a different formula?
Aug 2, 2022 11:19 pm
Recovered HP = (roll + con)/2 round up
Aug 3, 2022 2:28 am
And is that "roll" part a straight HD (like 1d8) or is it a Custom HP roll (like 1d6+2)?
Aug 3, 2022 2:59 am
roll is strait HD
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.