Q&A / Notices

load previous
Feb 9, 2023 3:13 pm
Hello, So i have a question regarding battle maps... Ive been lurking around the threads and all but I dont seem to bbe able to access the maps from the link in the handout. The page loads and loads but stays blank.... Is this due to access permissions or possibly some other reasons? A preferred browser perhaps, Ive tried both edge and firefox.
Feb 10, 2023 4:15 am
Using chrome sign in to https://new.tableplop.com/ website and let chrome remember the password.
Use the Map Invitation to join the game. I have added this to the handout as well in the "Links" spoiler at the top.
In game open the ~Handout dropdown and select Battle which points to https://new.tableplop.com/campaigns/29574/scenes/69444

I also link many of the maps I drop in the thread.

Let me know if you are still unable to use tableplop @Basil
Feb 10, 2023 3:08 pm
Awesome thx m8. Seems to be working now!
May 19, 2023 3:21 am
Hey all, I'm joining in on the fun! Would you mind telling me the current party makeup?
May 19, 2023 3:29 am
Nash is a Half-Elf Outlander, and is a Soulknife Rogue/Barbarian multiclass.
May 19, 2023 4:06 am
Name Race _Class__Lvl_ background Race
Jax Fighter 6 : Samurai Soldier Leonin
Klim Wizard 6 : War Mage Nobel Duergar
Nash Barb 2 / Rogue 4 Outlander Half-Elf
Quindon Rogue 6 : Thief Haunted Halfling
Stryker Monk 6 : Shadow Soldier Human
Nuada Wiz 6 : BladeSinger Sage Elf
May 19, 2023 4:33 am
Omg that’s awesome, thank you!

EDIT: Man, am I glad I asked. The bladesinger and shadow monk were both under consideration. That helps me narrow things down. Looks to me like you guys have the sneak role covered, but no party face. You've got arcane covered, but no divine.

For combat, there's:
Tank (samurai)
Arcane blaster/controller
Arcane melee, mobile melee (monk, and thief...? and soulknife...?)

So... missing a face, divine spells, and/or ranged DPR. That all screams bard or divine sorcerer to me, or maybe one of the straight up divine classes. I've played so many divine characters though, lol.
Last edited May 19, 2023 4:50 am
May 19, 2023 4:55 am
Don't overthink it. The whole "role" thing isn't such a big deal. Play something you're interested in playing.
May 19, 2023 1:47 pm
Awesome to have you joining the crew. And MaJunior has the right of it. No matter what kind of character you make, it’ll be an asset to the group. Just do what’s fun.
May 19, 2023 3:02 pm
Yuppers welcome aboard! If it helps you to decide on your character here is some very high level info on the campaign: Takes place it swamp where a very well equipped expedition is doing research and exploration on a ancient ruined city. When I say well equipped the expedition takes refuge in a simple fortified area with access to food, lodging, and magic. Think of it as a small fortified village or base camp.
May 19, 2023 3:52 pm
[ +- ] My experience with character building

That said - I try my PC to be that guy in the party who is ready to take risk and try things out - before even discussing the plan. He is the one to blame when thing go south.
[ +- ] Socially I'm playing Elf by PHB
and that is - I believe - very much different from at least for other PCs.
May 19, 2023 10:28 pm
Thanks guys, that's actually all really helpful to know. It's still a good thing I asked though, as two of the subclasses in the party were ones that I considered (bladesinger wizard, shadow monk). I can cross them out, makes it easier to narrow down what to play. Still, it's good to know the tendencies of the party (no need for party face, party just smash face, lol!)

@GreyWord love Nuada, one of my fav villain of all time! "Let me remind you, why you once feared the dark." I'm assuming you're not playing that elf lol.
May 19, 2023 10:43 pm
umm..... They might be? Their ancestral lineage has yet to be brought up.
Can we move the banter to Chat? The Q&A thread is for game/setting questions
May 20, 2023 1:22 pm
Map link keeps giving me an error message amd won't load?

If you see
Tableplop says:
Something went wrong...
GreyWord says:
Map issue troubleshooting:
If you happen to get page with following info when opening map link
Something went wrong...
Cannot read properties of null (reading 'id')

That could mean you are not logged in. Look for "Sign In" in it top right corner
[ +- ] how it shows for me when not logged
May 21, 2023 4:33 am
So, I noticed in the Settings Information that kobolds aren't mentioned. Are they not one of the available races?
May 21, 2023 5:01 am
Kobolds are in the game but I missed them when writing the setting info. They would usually originate in the Wilds or Kingdoms
May 22, 2023 2:45 pm
Are Kobolds considered "War-born"?
May 22, 2023 4:07 pm
Yes by some, not by themselves. Races with a high orientation to war, such as orc and hobgoblin, all university excepted as war-borns, as are lycanthropes. Others, like the drow, were only shaped socially and not magically. These are not war-born.
Many other races, like the eladrin, shifters, the beast folk, and possibly kobolds are said to have drawn closer physically to their lifestyle.
While dragon born are said to result from dragon spiritual influences Kobolds claim direct dragon lineage by blood. Dragon neither confirm bit deny this but are always using them anyhow.
Jun 26, 2023 4:53 am
Hey all, unfortunately I'm going to have to drop this game. Things with the job market has been brutal, and I'm having to drop most of the games I'm in. It's not about the quality of the games, I just kept the ones I've been in the longest. Thanks to Psybermagi for taking me on, and super sorry that I couldn't stick around longer. :(
Jun 26, 2023 6:05 am
Unfortunate but understandable . It was fun while it lasted. Happy trails. Maybe come back if you have more time in the future
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.