Q&A / Notices

load previous
Aug 23, 2023 6:10 am
Could we revise flanking rules, please? I read "When in doubt about whether two creatures flank an enemy on a grid, trace an imaginary line between the centers of the creatures’ spaces."
[ +- ] Are any PC flanked in this example?
Another question - let's say 3 PCs are to 3, 6 and 9 o'clock to the enemy. Ovbiously those on 3 and 9 get advantage, but does the one to 6 o clock attack with advantage?

One more question - what if yet another PC is doing the ranged attack against enemy flanked by two of his teammates. Does it get advantage? Does it depend from an angle (i.e. if he is to 6 o'clock or to 3 o'clock in the example above).
Rules here only mention melee, but I can remember was it this game or another where DM allowed advantage for ranged attacks against flanked target.
Aug 23, 2023 12:34 pm
In the example no one is flanked
situation 3,6,9 only 3,9 have flanking advantage
Flanking only applies to melee attacks

I rune a game where I have tokens with a facing direction so if you are behind the creature and it has directional sight, eyes on a head, then you are attacking while unseen and have advantage. But we are not playing tht way on this game.
Sep 19, 2023 5:20 pm
Mudberries,

By placing a fist full of mud or dirt into this bag and then sealing it for at least 1 hour it will transform the dirt into three small beads resembling berries the color of the dirt. No more than 3 berries can be contained in the pouch at a time. A creature can use its action to eat one berry or smear it against the skin of a creature. This immediately restores 1d4+1 hit points. For a number of minutes equal to the creatures hit dice, to a maximum of 10, they recover hit points equal to 1 plus half their constitution bonus, if positive.

If the creature was infected with a non magical poison or disease within the last minute as is conscious the berries healing energies are diverted to allow a saving throw against the disease or poison, foregoing any hit point recovery.

The way I read it... 1d4+1 Then +1 + Con bonus/2 regen. So if your 7th level... you would regenerate for 7 more minutes. 2hps per minute or +14, not sure how the dm looks at rounding
Sep 20, 2023 1:02 am
Basil is correct with the math. If this is bothersome i can simplify it to some % over a short rest or something.
Sep 20, 2023 1:24 am
No it's fine, I was just checking my math wasn't off.
Oct 6, 2023 1:49 pm
Can shadowstep be used to escape grapples?
Oct 6, 2023 2:42 pm
Yes. But you are not technically grappled as that would require the undead to act before you and your dagger prevents surprise and players go first in my game. The hand grabbing is just descriptive
Nov 9, 2023 3:58 am
How are you doing the rolls where it highlights the results red with an X or green with a check?
Nov 9, 2023 4:20 am
The site allows roll settings
I enabled d20 rules so if root add AC or DC then a number it uses that number as the target for the roll

Rolls

Test DC 5 - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Test DC 20 - (1d20-1)

(20) - 1 = 19

Nov 9, 2023 4:35 am
Do you have to go into something to enable that, or will it work if you just type DC or AC with a number on all threads?

Rolls

Test AC 18 - (1d20+9)

(13) + 9 = 22

Nov 9, 2023 4:42 am
It is in Game settings, so it is game wide
There is a thread somewhere on it. Probably in the DM help section
Nov 9, 2023 1:43 pm
Looking at tableplop none of the enemies are in the circles. Can we not see any of them them?
Nov 9, 2023 2:08 pm
Anyone with dark vision can use that. Those without can only set vague shapes beyond the light.
There is no mechanic, that I know of, for visibility ranges in dim light. I ruled you can target anything within 30 feet without a light source or darkvision if you are outside where there is dim light.

Free action for Marvin to toss his light cantrip 20 feet

Just in case it hasn't been made clear.
Most of these undead are weak. This in why move are getting close to the door as planned. You kill them before they get there.
Your retreat caused them to spread out. This caused more undead to raise from their graves.
The doorway is creating a choke point that increases your defensiveness but limits your offensive options. Popping out and back in works only to a point. I haven't made an issue of it but technically moving through an allies space is difficult terrain. This contributes to the limits effectiveness of all of you using the door for defense while still attacking.
Nov 10, 2023 1:05 am
Smiley says:
Marvin looks out into the darkness still not seeing the oncoming horde. "I can't see shit. He draws his bow and cast light on an arrow. He gets ready to fire it once he sees some of the horde.
OOC:
The only AOE I have to help are effects not damage. I have entangle, faire fire, Slow and Confusion.
I thought I shot the arrow with the Light cast on it. I don't know where it would have landed. I was just aim towards any undead to try and get better sight later.

We will skipping Initiatives at the time to speed things up. So I action Cast Light one turn. Then Shot it the next.
Last edited November 10, 2023 1:06 am
Nov 10, 2023 3:21 am
Marvin : enchants a stone / Shoots illuminated arrow
Combat round initiative tracking was actually in effect but to be honest I forgot about that. Just remind me of things like this if it is not reflected in the ongoing narrative. It is now in the map.
Nov 29, 2023 1:15 pm
Remind me as it has been weeks, who gave us this quest again?
Nov 29, 2023 1:30 pm
Assume same Clerk we got it from.

See "The Clerk" -> "The Necromancers" in this post for details

By the way - can't find him in " Expedition NPC" in handouts, but he is "The young, infantile to the elfin eye, lad" and seems to report Phlan (find him in handouts).

P.S. The right answer to Orcs would be simple "The Expedition" or perhaps even "The Humans", not sure how Orcs refer to The Expedition, nut they know it as major stakeholder in the area (and major competitor/opponent)
Nov 29, 2023 1:42 pm
I mean we don't serve anyone we are not waiters or waitresses...

IMO we don't serve anyone. We are group exploring. They don't need to know more.
Last edited November 29, 2023 1:42 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.