Kids on Brooms

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 10, 2022 6:32 pm
The answer is simple: nezz should run four games, four groups of students at four schools!
Jun 10, 2022 6:33 pm
Nezz, why don't you dedicate the rest of your life to simply running an infinite number of Kids on Brooms games?
Jun 10, 2022 7:06 pm
If he does that I'll join. 🤣
Jun 10, 2022 9:24 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Nezz, why don't you dedicate the rest of your life to simply running an infinite number of Kids on Brooms games?
Dibs on the fourth spot in the fifth game!
Jun 10, 2022 9:31 pm
A proper school has a few hundred students anyway, right?

I'd join in as student 327 if I'd have to.
Missed this notice. Then again, I am in quite a few games already.
Jun 10, 2022 9:51 pm
I might throw my hat into this ring as well if it's going to be a big thing and all LOL
Jun 10, 2022 10:46 pm
It's settled then, Nezz will be running GP's first 40-PC game as we all work towards competing in the World Wizard Decathlon (WWD)!
Jun 10, 2022 11:57 pm
Sounds like an excellent setup for several houses. Maybe even a Sub-GM/Co-GM as the head of each house. Nezz as the headmaster of course.
Last edited June 10, 2022 11:58 pm
Jun 11, 2022 12:43 am
RAAMtentacles says:
Sounds like an excellent setup for several houses. Maybe even a Sub-GM/Co-GM as the head of each house. Nezz as the headmaster of course.
This is indeed the route the game will take. But not me as headmaster lol. KCC has kindly stepped up to take half the players. We are still hashing out the details, but currently this is what we've come up with:

We will make one large group and do worldbuilding collaboratively. There will be 4 houses, and KCC and I will each run 2. Whichever house you want to be in decides which group you'll be in. Hopefully it works out that we have 3-4 players in each house, but we may have to do some sort of selection process if one house is more popular or something like that.

The hardest part will be logistics so it's what we are currently discussing. A few ideas so far are keeping the groups separate and just creating a thread where the GMs will post short summaries of what happened in our groups and Combine those together to create a sort of narrative story everyone can follow along with. Maybe stylized like a school newspaper? My other idea is to break it down by class schedules and hours, and we would each take two classes and any players regardless of houses could post in the thread if they are enrolled in that class. Outside of class we will play the house headmasters as posts threads would be along house lines.

I'm also open to hearing any suggestions you all have. I'll try to get some of the game stuff set up this weekend.
Last edited June 11, 2022 12:44 am
Jun 11, 2022 1:50 am
I love the idea of getting to share classes with people that I wouldn't normally interact with and don't necessarily get to interact with all of the time, it adds so much to making the atmosphere of the game real. It does make for a bit of a logistical headache though.

Perhaps the outside of class roleplay that is handled by the house headmasters could be handled with the short summaries and make that a newspaper.

KCC

Jun 11, 2022 1:52 am
Signing up to a Nezzeraj game and then getting KCC as your GM is a bit like ordering Coke and being presented with Pepsi*

*or vice versa, depending on your taste.
Jun 11, 2022 1:53 am
I ...Don't....Mind.
Jun 11, 2022 2:01 am
Isn't it more like getting both mixed together?
Jun 11, 2022 3:08 am
I am getting very excited by the developments and can't wait to be a part of the experience.
Jun 11, 2022 3:12 am
If this doesn't require daily posts I would like to throw my name in as a potential player. If you're looking for super frequent posts, I'll respectfully bow out.
Jun 11, 2022 6:25 am
The floodgates have been opened. I decided at capping it at 12 players, as that's already an insane amount and 16 seemed just too much lol. I tried to make a mix of new and veteran players, sorry I couldn't take everyone. If you want to follow along the game is here.
Last edited June 11, 2022 6:25 am
Jul 8, 2022 12:50 am
We have one spot open if there's anyone interested in joining.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.