[ Closed ] Reclaiming the Shattered Lands (D&D 5e)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPublic1 / dayPsybermagi
It is the beginning of the 2nd age of the world. New nations rise after half a century of struggle at the completion of the Dawn War between the Mortal People their Deity and the Immortals and their leaders the Incarnations. Characters start as part of an expedition to reclaim ruins from the 1st age before the war. Once they complete the basic contract they are free to stay on or go wherever they like. Characters will be joining veteran exploders who have completed their contract and agreed to stay on and teach new recruits about the area.
House Rules
Requested post rate is 3-5 posts per week for each player
Side based initiative
Reduced Rate (1/2) Natural Healing (long rest and recovery HD)
Stunned 1 round when healed from 0 hp

Jun 11, 2022 10:30 pm
D&D 5e high fantasy setting West Marches style gameplay

Basics of the game
Exploration and survival (Variant Encumbrance rule enforced) The ruins have been overrun by the wilderness and beast and warborn creations from the War infest rebions of the ruins that must be cleared before the scholars can study them safely.
Conflict resolution - negotiate with role play and skill check when interacting with foreign forces or just take them out and see what happens.
Problem solving - Ancient technologies and mystical lore are yours for the taking if you can manage to harness their power without killing yourself.

Expected posting rate : 3-5 times a week per player
New to PbP and D&D friendly
Open to all so keep it fun and friendly

7th level characters
Official races with guidelines @ Land of Origin Common Race & Class
Custom heritage options allowed with DM approval (if there is a good reason or story to back the customization it will most likely be allowed)
The setting has some "standard" race/class origin by region. All relations initial interaction level is based on familiarity so picking outside the lines will make you a minority and increase NPC interaction DC.
Standard array or point buy system
Last edited October 12, 2023 1:19 am
Jun 11, 2022 10:47 pm
I would love to get in on this. Do I need to do anything other than say "Pick me! Pick me!"?
Jun 11, 2022 10:48 pm
I will send invites as players apply in this thread or directly to the game (click Game Details above)
Create a character and submit it to the game.
This is my first game on Gamersplane so am still ramping up so your patience is appreciated.
Last edited June 12, 2022 12:02 am
Jun 12, 2022 1:35 am
Woot. I like to put in a good solid ole fighter for that Psybermagi.
Jun 13, 2022 11:31 am
Hi, I’m really interested but I am kinda new (both the site and rp). I have the rulebooks though.
Jun 13, 2022 12:03 pm
Welcome @LauraChiGio, feel free to ask any questions. I would suggest looking in the guides, specifically for new players. They're is one for people new to the site and another for creating a character. My suggestion is to think of what you want your character to be then I can help you with the mechanical creation process if you need it.
Last edited June 13, 2022 12:04 pm
Jun 13, 2022 2:46 pm
I would love to put my hat in the ring.
Jul 20, 2022 5:49 am
I am willing to join this game.
Jul 20, 2022 6:19 am
Happy to join this! Looks very interesting!
Jul 20, 2022 10:35 am
High expectations for a lively campaign! If you got another slot send me an invite. Love to give it a go.
Jul 20, 2022 11:58 am
Looks like you might be full, but I'm interested in being on the list if you're not.
Jul 20, 2022 2:07 pm
I am willing to join this game.
Jul 20, 2022 2:52 pm
Sounds fun if you still have free slots
Jul 20, 2022 8:45 pm
I like the "Pick me, Pick me" shouting option, while jumping up and down waving my arms excitedly!
Jul 23, 2022 6:28 pm
Just woke from a nightmare. The one where your naked in public mixed with marooned. Hope you're still recruiting.
Jul 25, 2022 5:41 pm
Do you take players new to dnD (but not Pen and Paper games)? Also, would a crocodilian be acceptable (basically, Lizardfolk, that looks like a croc. Exact same stat and attacks. Lizardfolk even have bite. I just like the croc look.)?
Nov 11, 2022 5:26 pm
We are looking for a couple of players to join in our game
Game Details
Nov 11, 2022 7:02 pm
I'm absolutely interested, if you're willing to have me.
Nov 11, 2022 7:08 pm
Not shouting "pick me". Rather a relaxed "sounds reasonable"
P.S. I don't like role-playing minority race/background. I would be looking into researching what's a typical adventurer for the settings and work with that.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.