Chapter 4: The Bunker Lady

Jun 12, 2022 4:40 pm
OOC:
Continued from Chapter 3
As you head up north, you consciously avoid cycling through Stenhamra, even if that would be the shortest way. The risk of anyone who knows one of you recognizing you and realizing that you're skipping school is just too big.

Avoiding the city means you're taking a bit longer but it's not a huge difference, so not too much later, you arrive at the very north tip of the island of Svartsjölandet. You know that the bunker that Pelle's 'aunt' lives in has to be somewhere around here. But it's a bunker. It's hidden. So it might be a bit difficult to find it...
OOC:
I'll need an Investigate check from one of you. You'll get a +1 for your friends' help in the search.
Mikey has the highest investigate, so it would probably make sense for him to roll this
Jun 12, 2022 6:29 pm
Despite being kind of an active kid, Robbie's legs feel a little tired from all the biking. "I hope we find this place soon," he says to the others. "I could use a moment to sit down." He understands that time is of the essence Not only do that they need to find Pelle, but they get back before their parents or anyone else has a chance to make an issue out of the fact that they weren't in school. He's not the most observant kid, and isn't sure what he's looking for.
OOC:
Is anyone particularly good at this?
Last edited June 12, 2022 6:30 pm
Jun 12, 2022 9:38 pm
Though the bike is better than his own, Birger is still somewhat spent after the ride. He takes a look around while catching his breath. There must be some sign of where the bunker is, he thinks as he looks.
He is still hurting from the sting and a bit scared after all they have been through.
OOC:

Birger got a total of 4 (mind 3 and investigate 1), but got a negative 3 for all the conditions. So anyone else might be better at this point.
Jun 12, 2022 10:49 pm
Whilst he's never been particularly interested in sports Andreas has a certain amount of natural aptitude for athletics and finds the ride not too taxing. Seeing some of the others starting to flag he just nods along when Robbie suggests stopping "Sure, I could do with a break to. Would be good to get our bearings as well"
OOC:
Andreas has Mind 3 and no investigate so he's not the best here.
Jun 12, 2022 11:27 pm
OOC:
Erik is a straight d6 on Mind checks - definitely not the boy for the job. Think this is a job for Mikey
Last edited June 12, 2022 11:28 pm
Jun 13, 2022 5:33 am
Quote:
OOC:
Erik is a straight d6 on Mind checks - definitely not the boy for the job. Think this is a job for Mikey
OOC:
Mikey is definitely right for the job, but looking at your sheet, Erik has 3D6 in Mind

Birger might also need some recovery after this scene 😅
Jun 13, 2022 12:01 pm
OOC:
Sorry for the delay! Rolling before crafting a post.

Rolls

Investigate+Mind+1 - (9d6)

(533326234) = 31

Jun 13, 2022 3:12 pm
bowlofspinach says:
OOC:
Mikey is definitely right for the job, but looking at your sheet, Erik has 3D6 in Mind...
OOC:
Yes, sorry. I was looking at the mind-based skills
Jun 13, 2022 6:54 pm
You all plop down on the ground for a moment, catching your breath after not just the small adventure with the boat but also the long bike ride here. You know you're in the right area. Now you just somehow need to actually find the bunker.

Once you're feeling a little bit better again, Mikey takes the lead, looking around. He knows that an old war bunker would be pretty overgrown by now. It would also be underground. But maybe not completely...
It takes him a while until he spots a small hill. He leads his friends over to it and as they all look it over, they quickly find a tiny door built into the side of the hill, hidden by thick grass but not itself overgrown. It looks like someone opens it fairly regularly. This must be the place!
Jun 13, 2022 7:25 pm
Erik slaps Mikey on the back, "Well done, you!, and then turns to the panting party and says:

"Ok you lot, we've come this far, I guess we just knock on the door and see if anyone answers. However, what do we say to Pelle if he's here? What's our plan?"
Jun 13, 2022 9:12 pm
"I suppose it depends on the state he is in. I mean if he is hiding and scared we need to convince him we are there to help him but if he is... you know spinning out of control then we'll have to stop him somehow.

But the aunt is probably hiding him and I bet she'll say she don't know where he is even if she knows it."
Birger replies
Jun 14, 2022 1:47 am
"What about hello?" Robbie asks. "Then we have to know if he's a robot."
Jun 14, 2022 6:32 pm
Erik knocks on the door of the bunker but there is no response.
Jun 14, 2022 6:48 pm
Erik pushes his ear to the door to listen for any signs of ife
OOC:
Is there a handle, GM?
Jun 14, 2022 7:06 pm
OOC:
There is. It's hidden behind a sheet of metal to make it more resistant to outside damage but you can reach it. And if you move it a bit, you feel like the door isn't locked.
Erik puts his ear against the wall and listens but there's not a single sound coming through. It is a pretty heavy door, though, so that doesn't necessarily have to mean anything.
Jun 14, 2022 7:09 pm
"Can't hear a thing", Erik mutters as he reaches through the protective metal sheet to the handle. Moving it gently, Erik says, "I think the door is unlocked. What do you say, shall we go in?". Erik arches his head to look at the group for support
Jun 14, 2022 8:50 pm
"Yeah, let's go inside. That's what we are here for, right?" Birger replies trying to sound more assured than he feels.
Jun 14, 2022 8:59 pm
"Ok"

As gently as he can, Erik turns the handle.....
Jun 15, 2022 2:56 am
"Wait!" Robbie says. "What if there's a trap? There's always traps at times like this." He runs off to get a stick and pokes it inside the entrance, waving it around a bit in the open door just to be certain. Once he's sure the coast is clear, he motions for Erik to continue.
Jun 15, 2022 6:02 am
Opening the door carefully leads you into a tiny room with nothing but another door a meter from the first. Maybe it's supposed to be some sort of an airlock. After carefully opening this second door, taking all the same precautions, you find a larger room. It's completely messy, with electronics and robot parts strewn around everywhere. There are also some functioning robots, all of which drop down and play dead the second they spot you. The room is dark, only illuminated by the light coming in from behind you but you can just barely make out two more doors leading from this room, on the wall to your left and one on the one opposite you.
In the shadows in the back of the room, you see a shape beginning to move towards you, too large to be Pelle. In an electronically distorted voice, it asks: "Mamma?"
load next

Thread locked