Chapter 4: The Bunker Lady

load previous
Jun 15, 2022 10:04 am
Mikey starts backing away from the approaching thing. "Umm... guys? What do we do?"
OOC:
This scene is for real freaking me out right now!
Last edited June 15, 2022 10:04 am
Jun 17, 2022 3:36 pm
"What is it?" Robbie asks. "Another robot?"
Last edited June 17, 2022 3:36 pm
Jun 17, 2022 9:02 pm
"I don't know but it is scary. Why is it calling for its Mamma" Birger says fighting an urge to just run away.

The Baby

bowlofspinach

Jun 18, 2022 10:24 am
As you're all still frozen at the door, the shape continues to stumble forward and into the light coming in through the door. You recognize the shape as a robot, the size of an adult human, but with the bulky body shape of a chubby baby. Parts of it are covered in what looks just like human skin, other parts are exposed, showing the metal underneath. The "baby" walks towards you, its eyes focused on Erik as he is the closest, having opened the door.
"Mamma!", the baby repeats, opening its arms wide. "Baby want hug!"
The Baby
Jun 19, 2022 10:57 am
Erik is stunned and without any real thought he says, Ok, come here baby", and he opens his arms to embrace the giant robot-baby!
Jun 19, 2022 11:37 am
As Erik speaks Andreas's eyes go wide "You sure about that? That thing looks like it could crush you" he hisses to his friend
Jun 19, 2022 9:25 pm
Birger just looks on in scared awe as Erik seems to try and hug the robot.
Jun 20, 2022 1:09 am
"Is this Pelle's little brother or sister?" Robbie asks out loud. "I hope so! This is so much better than school." He's nervous as Erik moves to hug the baby, but Robbie remembers why they are there and calmly asks "Pelle, are you there?" into the darkness ahead.

The Baby

bowlofspinach

Jun 20, 2022 5:10 am
The robot continues its waddle and wraps its metal arms around Erik. Then it begins crying, or rather, it imitates crying. "Waaaah. Waaaah, Waaaah." It sounds more like a broken, distorted recording of a baby's crying. If Pelle really is a robot, he is a far more sophisticated design than this thing.

Erik suddenly begins realizing that letting the robot hug him might not have been the best idea. Its arms keep holding him tighter and tighter until he can barely breathe anymore...
The Baby
Jun 20, 2022 2:15 pm
"Erik?" Robbie asks inquiringly. "Is that what you had in mind?"
Jun 20, 2022 4:01 pm
"No!", Erik shouts, partly answering Robbie, and partly crying out against being crushed to death. With nothing else crossing his mind, Erik shouts:

"Baby! Put mummy down, you’re hurting me"
Jun 20, 2022 4:01 pm
"No!", Erik shouts, partly answering Robbie, and partly crying out against being crushed to death. With nothing else crossing his mind, Erik shouts:

"Baby! Put mummy down, you’re hurting me"

The Baby

bowlofspinach

Jun 20, 2022 4:59 pm
"Baby sad!", the machine exclaims, all the while the mechanical crying continues. "Baby want hug!" It's not letting go, only crushing Erik further.
OOC:
You'll need a roll to get out of this. Off the top of my head, Force seems like the most obvious to break free, but I'm open to other ideas. Other characters can help you for a +1 to your roll.
The Baby
Jun 20, 2022 6:23 pm
Seeing Erik struggle, Robbie rushes over to help pry open the "baby's" arms.
Jun 20, 2022 6:57 pm
Andreas leaps forwards and tries to pull at one of the ‘babys’ arms
Jun 20, 2022 9:32 pm
Erik struggles to breathe as the robot-baby tightens it's grip on him. With the last air in his lungs he cries out, "baby, no, stop, now!"

Erik struggles to force himself free of the suffocating grip....

Rolls

Body (5d6) + Force (2d6) + Aid (1d6) - (8d6)

(13665252) = 30

Greta Hedberg

bowlofspinach

Jun 21, 2022 4:18 am
With Robbie and Andreas both pulling the robot baby's arms, Erik manages to push his way out of the embrace as the baby keeps wailing in a monotonous robotic voice. It turns towards Robbie now, opening its arms for another hug when it suddenly stops moving before slumping over and staying completely still like that.

In all the commotion with the baby, you hadn't noticed one of the doors from the room opening but now you see a woman standing in the door on the opposite side to the entrance. She's holding something in her hand that looks like a remote control, maybe what she used to stop the baby. "Who are you?", the 'witch', Greta Hedberg, asks you. "Why are you breaking into my home?"
Greta Hedberg
Jun 21, 2022 9:09 am
"Oh no, we’re not breaking on, I’m sorry if it looks like that. We’re friends of Pelle, and thought he might be here, is he? Oh, I’m Erik by the way"
Jun 21, 2022 1:43 pm
"Yeah, his parents said he might be here," says Robbie, while not taking his eyes of the robo-baby. "Is he here?"

Greta Hedberg

bowlofspinach

Jun 21, 2022 1:48 pm
The woman crosses her arms and looks you over. "Why are you asking about Pelle? What are you planning to do to him?" She looks far more suspicious of you than you would have expected. Then again, she lives all by herself hidden in a bunker far from any town. Maybe you should have anticipated that she might be a bit paranoid.
Greta Hedberg
load next

Thread locked