Greetings! New to PBP - eager to learn!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 15, 2022 4:45 am
Hello! I'm excited to be here. I'm very new to PBP, but I'm learning a lot quickly. I've been following a couple of public games to get a feel for the play style and have been really enjoying the narrative adventure.

I’ve done in person and Discord/Roll20 RP on and off for 15+ years, mostly GMing. However, my current game is on hiatus due to my schedule, which led me here. I think I would like to be a player to start, since I don't have much pbp experience. Once I get my feet wet, I may be interested in taking a crack at DMing.

I love pretty much all things sci-fi, but also really enjoy fantasy. My current game uses the Stars Without Number system, but I'm also open to SW 5e, D&D 5e, PF2e, and GURPS.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the community and playing with you!
Last edited June 15, 2022 4:46 am
Jun 15, 2022 4:57 am
Welcome, Timbers!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jun 15, 2022 4:59 am
Good morning.

There are some good public games, aren't there? I've bookmarked The Recycled Boy to follow along.

It looks like you're open to a lot of systems, and that should make it easier to find something in the Games Tavern.

See you around.
Jun 15, 2022 6:23 am
Welcome MisterTimbers
Jun 15, 2022 9:49 am
Welcome to the community, @MisterTimbers! PbP is a great way to work around that busy schedule. Many of us ended up here for the same reason.
Jun 15, 2022 12:41 pm
Welcome MisterTimbers, hope you find some great games!
Jun 15, 2022 1:33 pm
Welcome to GP MisterTimbers!
Jun 15, 2022 5:21 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jun 15, 2022 5:38 pm
Hey MisterTimbers, welcome! I hope you have fun here. I'm new too.
Last edited June 15, 2022 6:00 pm
Jun 15, 2022 7:23 pm
Welcome to both of you!!!
Jun 16, 2022 3:21 am
Thank you all!! What a pleasantly surprising welcoming. I'm excited to jump in. @bowlofspinach, @Adam, thank you for the links and suggestions. Very helpful.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.