Greetings from Stonehenge!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 16, 2022 6:50 am
Well, not quite but I'm a few minutes from the stones and it makes for a natty introduction. (For those who are interested I'm actually within walking distance of Avebury - a much more impressive site IMO.)

Fifty-something gamer here. I've played and GM'd a number of RPGs including most recently Runequest, Traveller, D&D and Call Of Cthulhu.

I'm married and have two autistic children who now unfortunately need so much care that for the past year or so I've concentrated on solo rpg'ing, rather than have live sessions cancelled at short notice while I parent. It's worked well but is lacking that interaction I love. It occurred to me I could do PbP those, maybe a couple of posts a day but nothing too arduous.

I'm semi-retired now but was formerly a marketing project manager and copywriter, working in the tourism and finance industries, so I like to think I can write a good post.

Anyways, enough of me. Hello!
Jun 16, 2022 6:52 am
Hey SBG,

A fellow Brit here. I hope you find what you're looking for, and maybe I'll see you in a game.
Jun 16, 2022 6:55 am
Welcome, SoloBoredGamer!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jun 16, 2022 7:30 am
Welcome Aboard!
Jun 16, 2022 8:19 am
welcome, Guardian of the Stones - someone's got to watch those Ley lines :)
Last edited June 16, 2022 8:20 am
Jun 16, 2022 9:06 am
Welcome :)
Jun 16, 2022 9:27 am
Welcome to GP!
Jun 16, 2022 9:55 am
Hello and welcome!
Jun 16, 2022 10:43 am
Hi and welcome
Jun 16, 2022 10:57 am
Greetings and Salutations!
Jun 16, 2022 12:51 pm
Welcome aboard!
Jun 16, 2022 12:53 pm
Welcome to GP!
Jun 16, 2022 1:07 pm
Hail and well met fellow fifty-something gamer. I don't know about you but these eyes and this memory are no longer what they used to be. Thus I am heavily old-school, heavily rules-lite. Nice simple dungeon crawl, no world spanning problems that mimic my real life hurdles. Just fun.

That's how we game?
Jun 16, 2022 1:34 pm
Welcome SoloBoredGamer! Any particular style or type of game you're keen on trying?
Jun 16, 2022 1:46 pm
Welcome! Glad you found us.
Jun 16, 2022 2:43 pm
Welcome to GP and PbP RPGing, SoloBoredGamer! I'll admit, with the explosion of solo gaming during the pandemic, I've often wondered, "do all these folks know about play by post?" I too need the interaction, the social part, such as it is with the written word. But virtually all of us here love the written word, so...

Yeah. Welcome!
Last edited June 17, 2022 3:47 am
Jun 16, 2022 3:54 pm
SoloBoredGamer says:
... within walking distance of Avebury ...
Never heard of it... :P
SoloBoredGamer says:
... two autistic children who now unfortunately need so much care that for the past year or so I've concentrated on solo rpg'ing ...
That's hard, both on a group and on the parent.

I have had good success with playing RPGs with autistic kids. If they are able, it could help them with social interactions (being able to roll dice and know what someone else is feeling is often an eye opener).

Feel free to reach out if you need any help.
SoloBoredGamer says:
... maybe a couple of posts a day but nothing too arduous ...
Most would consider 'a couple of posts a day' as high volume, so welcome to the club.

As asked above, if you can tell us (roughly) what sorts of games you are looking for (game systems, or just genres, or the types of stories that you like) we can see about finding you games to play in.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.