Introductory Thread

Feb 9, 2015 9:47 pm
Hullo, folks,

Welcome to the forums for the PRIMEVAL: Tales of the Anomalies Play by Post (PbP) game, based on the Primeval Roleplaying Game published by Cubicle 7 through license with Impossible Pictures and ITV.

As I approve new players to the game, Ie who wish to lurk and those
who wish to actively play in the game, I'd appreciate it if folks would please write a post telling folks who you are and a bit about yourselves.

I look forward to hearing from folks, and playing in the time spanning PRIMEVALverse.

So, in the words of scientist Nick Cutter:

"Some... force out there ripped the boundaries of space and time to shreds. Maybe it's happened before, in which case every single thing we thought we knew about the universe is wrong. Or, this is the first time, in which case what changed? What happens next? Believe me, it's very, very far from over."

And here? We're just getting started! :)

See you on the other side of an Anomaly...maybe. :)
Feb 10, 2015 2:25 am
Well, I'm RustInPieces. I'm fairly new to traditional RPGs, but quite old hat at PbP roleplaying. I played on some of the big, old, sites like Desert Realms, Hidden Realms, etc. I've administered my own, moderated others, and generally had a lot of fun doing PbP in the past. So I figured I'd boomerang back to PbP and heard about Gamer's Plane. The rest, as they say, is history.
Feb 10, 2015 2:43 am
I'm Qralloq, a long time pen n paper RPGer, but brand new to PbP. I love trying new systems and revel in theorycraft, exploring the choices designers have made in marrying their systems to their settings and stories. But most of all, I love collaborative story telling, especially watching my players steer my plots into unforetold territory.
Feb 10, 2015 2:53 am
Hi, folks,

Well, I see a couple of the folks playing in the game beat me to the punch on this. :)

Anyway...
My name is John M. Kahane. I'm 59 years old (turning 60 in July), was born in England, but live in Ottawa, Ontario, am working as a translator, and have been roleplaying for close to 40 years now.

I'm an avid English football fan, am an avid amateur archaeologist and palaeontologist, an avid reader of fantasy, science fiction, many mysteries, and historical works and non-fiction, write creatively in my spare time (such as it copiously is! ), have a fascination with various aspects of science, and am a huge fan of music of various types. I've been a avid fan of dinosaurs since I was little, and an amateur palaeontologist since I was old enough to get into it more seriously, and simply find these creatures to be fascinating. I was absolutely thrilled when the PRIMEVAL tv series first started to air in Canada in 2007 or so, and loved the series to death right from the beginning. When it was announced that the series would have a roleplaying game coming out based on it, I was thrilled that it was the folks from Cubicle 7 who set this in motion, and got on the bandwagon big time. Even have the PRIMEVAL Soundtrack, so have mood music to listen to when running this PbP game! :)

Anyway, looking forward to this PbP game. Any thoughts, comments, or questions are welcome. :)
Feb 10, 2015 10:18 am
I'm Kenny. RPG gaming has been one of my most prolific hobbies. I started out with AD&D when I was 11 or 12 and haven't stoped since. I'm a huge nerd of pretty much all genres, but sci-fi and fantasy each hold a special place in my heart. Brand new to PbP. Looked like a good way to play more with less time.
Feb 10, 2015 11:28 am
My name is Anthony, I am 28 and live in sunny Florida with my wife and three kids. I have been roleplaying and wargaming for 17 or so years. I started my gaming "career" with magic the gathering while I was in elementary school but I grew tired of that by middle school when I started wargaming with Mordheim and roleplaying with AD&D. In the real world I own a restaurant and play rugby union on a divison 3 men's team.
Feb 10, 2015 3:59 pm
Hi I'm Gavin and I confess that I've been roleplaying here in the UK since I was eleven. Given that I'm now 46 that means I have been roleplaying now for 35 years. I started off playing D&D, but that didn't last long and we quickly moved onto Runequest. Since then I have played a wide variety of games and am currently running an online PbP Amber campaign and a face to face game of Airship Pirates.

Other than Roleplaying I enjoy visiting historic sites, walking with my wife and playing board games and card games (including MtG). A long time ago I used to play Rugby, playing for the county side at under 18 level. I am now no longer fit enough but still enjoy watching the game.
Last edited February 10, 2015 4:00 pm
Feb 10, 2015 4:00 pm
Ah another drunken pilot, glad to have ya
Feb 10, 2015 4:04 pm
Hullo, Qralloq,
Qralloq says:

But most of all, I love collaborative story telling, especially watching my players steer my plots into unforetold territory.
And here I thought that's what roleplaying was all about from the GM point of view. Players steering plots into unforeseen territory is really something that I love, since it shows the players are involved.

Oh, and welcome to my game! :)
Feb 10, 2015 4:06 pm
Hullo, Azzorak,
Azzorak says:
My name is Anthony, I am 28 and live in sunny Florida with my wife and three kids. I have been roleplaying and wargaming for 17 or so years. I started my gaming "career" with magic the gathering while I was in elementary school but I grew tired of that by middle school when I started wargaming with Mordheim and roleplaying with AD&D. In the real world I own a restaurant and play rugby union on a divison 3 men's team.
Own a restaurant? Neat! What sort of food do you deal with mainly? The rugby thing is kind of neat, too, though it's not a game for me. Playing a game of rugby when I was 15, and broke two bones. ::memory shudder::
Feb 10, 2015 4:13 pm
Fast casual, we serve sandwiches, cheesesteaks, salads, and wraps. It is a franchise not a personal establishment, We don't have any presence in Canada yet so you may not have heard of it but the company is Jersey Mike's Subs. Rugby is good fun, but certainly can put the hurt on you. Haven't been significantly injured yet but have gone home quite sore and am basically in some form of pain all season. Reminds you that you are alive though.
Feb 10, 2015 4:18 pm
Hullo, folks,

And before I forget... Just want to say a big "Welcome!" to the forum and the game. I'm looking forward to moderating the game, and playing with everyone concerned.

Judging from the folks who are signed up to play for the moment, I guess there are no ladies among us. Shame that. And for those using pseudos here on the forums, please drop me a PM and let me know real names. I like having a bit of real perspective about the players in the games I run/moderate. Thanks, all. :)
Feb 10, 2015 6:15 pm
@Gavken

Under 18 Rugby, kids tend to be a little more wild, but it hurts a lot more now that were all old and heavier than a bunch of wiry teens. Watching Six Nations right now? In round 1 two out of three of my predictions were correct...damn you Scotland...you failed me.
Feb 10, 2015 6:19 pm
@Azzorak

Yes I saw all the first games last weekend. Good result for England :-). Scotland alas I suspect will be competing with Italy for the wooden spoon.
Feb 10, 2015 6:25 pm
I suspect (or is it hope) that it will be Italy, but I can see it happening either way. England is my hopeful this year so I was pleased with that result.
Feb 11, 2015 12:10 am
I played rugby for a few years, as well, in a beer league in northern Alberta. Great fun, until I blew my shoulders out and tore my planters fascia. A couple of years of ad hoc physio and I'm back to normal, but I'm done with rugby, haha.
Feb 15, 2015 10:53 am
Hello, there are some who call me ... Tim. I've discovered role playing simply by accident back in Sept of '79 and ever since then have been chucking dice, chugging coffee, and collecting role playing games.
Feb 15, 2015 3:41 pm
Hullo, Tim,
manajunkie says:
Hello, there are some who call me ... Tim. I've discovered role playing simply by accident back in Sept of '79 and ever since then have been chucking dice, chugging coffee, and collecting role playing games.
Hey, good to see that you made it into the PbP game, and have posted here.

Nice "accident" that, discovering roleplaying back in 1979. :)
Feb 16, 2015 1:16 am
Hi, my name is Steven Ross, I'm 40 something, was born in Ottawa, but live in Vernon, Ontario; I've been working as a casual Maintaince Helper for the City of Ottawa for about a while now. I am currently taking night classes at Algonquin Collage in the Library & Information Technician program and hope to getting my collage diploma. I've been roleplaying since 1985/6 or roughly.

I'm an avid reader of fantasy, science fiction, and have more recently taken an interest in anime, manga, historical works and non-fiction, have a fascination with various aspects of science, am a Half-hearted music fan (Jethro Tull, Renaissance, and assorted others). In high school I tried my hand at doing short fiction in an attempt to improve my cursive writing skills, but give it up about 30 years ago. I've also sketched off and on over the years.

My roleplaying interests include PRIMEVAL, RIVER OF HEAVEN, 2300AD, STAR WARS D6, MEKTON ZETA, THOUSAND SUNS, ROBOTECH, ASHEN STARS and MAID. I have playtested products for several game companies, and three of the notable systems I worked on are WITCHCRAFT, HERCULES & XENA and THE DYING EARTH. I've played all those games, plus SECOND EDITION DC HEROES, SECOND EDITION STAR TREK, AD&D, BLUE PLANET, A|STATE, DRAGONQUEST and ARS MAGICA.
Feb 16, 2015 1:36 am
Hullo, Steven,
Steven says:

Hi, my name is Steven Ross, I'm 40 something, was born in Ottawa, but live in Vernon, Ontario; I've been working as a casual Maintaince Helper for the City of Ottawa for about a while now. I am currently taking night classes at Algonquin Collage in the Library & Information Technician program and hope to getting my collage diploma. I've been roleplaying since 1985/6 or roughly.
Hey, welcome to the PbP forums! I thought we'd lost you! Good to have you here. Look forward to playing the game with you! :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.