2: Valley of Dead Unicorns

Jun 27, 2022 1:59 am
After an uneventful night, the morning came.

Presto awakened in his bed to find Varla asleep in a chair by the window.

In his mind, he heard a weak voice as though from far away, Presto? It's Kosar. You took quite a risk to contact me. Thank you.
OOC:
We continue! How do you all wake up/spend the morning?
Jun 27, 2022 2:08 pm
Bobby wakes up to find the Thunder Club gave him a full, braided, viking/dwarf beard again. It's happened before, one time he shaved it all off only to find it regrown the next morning. Today he decides he kind of likes it.

The bearded chef busies himself in the kitchen making his signature snacks.
Last edited June 27, 2022 2:14 pm

Rolls

Beard today? 50% chance. - (1d100)

(71) = 71

Jun 27, 2022 4:16 pm
Bobby felt his chin and face tingle a bit when he awoke but, alas, nothing came of it but regular stubble.
Jun 28, 2022 1:27 am
Eric walks up to the group scratching his head. Hey gang, I'm not sure what happened there. One minute I was fighting, and the next I was just here. He looked over the group who appeared to have just been through the ringer. Eric then looked over his own body to see if he was injured at all. Geez gang, I don't know. Anyway, I'm glad to be here. Does anyone need any healing?
Jun 28, 2022 3:22 am
The first thing Hank did when he woke was to head for the highest point of Presto's Tower to survey the surroundings. With the League likely knowing they were alerted, assuming the escaped orc minion reported back, it was necessary to keep watch last night and also continue to secure the place. He looked to see if the Vistani caravans still encamped in the vicinity as well.

It was only after all that was done before Hank returned to check on Presto's well-being.
Jun 29, 2022 3:35 am
Presto wakes and pulls himself up. The pounding in his head forces a wince of regret to escape, but there's no point lying back down. Slowly, he walks down the stairs to join the others. At the bottom of the stairs, he leans against the wall, sweating and breathing hard with the effort. It will pass. Nothing I haven't faced before. "He's here. I've got him. Kosar."

"Yeah. Don't mention it. We're trying to find you. Are you hurt? Where are you? We know you're in a specific valley, but we could use more."
OOC:
I apologize for my silence. June has beat the crap out of me.
Last edited June 29, 2022 3:35 am
Jun 29, 2022 5:43 am
I am in Kelek's tower, imprisoned in a summoning circle. I do not know much else, Presto. Is Diana alright?
Jun 29, 2022 8:20 am
Sheila makes an appearance as everyone else is readying for the trip to the valley and the assault on Kellek's tower. She sits down at the table and serves herself a few bites of something. Clearly, she doesn't have much of an appetite, but that's typical for Sheila. "So, where to today? Fire bombs in the valley? Ice storms in the tower? Near deaths everywhere?"
Last edited June 29, 2022 8:21 am
Jun 29, 2022 9:13 pm
annex says:
I am in Kelek's tower, imprisoned in a summoning circle. I do not know much else, Presto. Is Diana alright?
Presto stares into space for a moment. "I can hear him." He shares what Kosar says. "Does anyone have anything they want to ask or say?"
OOC:
I know it's kind of lame to say "I share what he said", but it'll save a lot of retyping.
Last edited June 29, 2022 9:13 pm
Jun 30, 2022 1:44 am
"How long have you been there? Have you manage to observe or listen in on what Kelek is up to?" Whatever information Kosar could glean, even though he had already said he didn't know much, would be helpful.
OOC:
Yeah let's handwave having Ezz repeat everything. We'll assume the back and forth works fine.
Jun 30, 2022 2:44 am
After helping with the first watch, Diana went into the tower to sleep. It was a fitful rest, but better than nothing. In the morning she goes immediately to check on Presto. Relief washes over her when she hears that Presto has contacted Kosar, but the relief is quickly replaced by anxiety over his situation.

"Tell Kosar I'm here," Diana says to Presto. "We're all here, and we're coming to help." She doesn't know what else to say. She doesn't want to gush to Presto, and she doesn't want to say too much to Kosar - especially if someone else is listening in.

Diana pulls the Staff from her belt. It is in its smallest form, and she grips it tightly in her hand. I know I haven't always been the best... student? Weilder? I don't know. We don't always see eye to eye, but help me with what's coming. Give me strength.
Jun 30, 2022 3:19 am
We give each other strength, Acrobat, the Staff thought to Diana, my friend.

I am glad Diana is well, Kosar thought to Presto. I have been here for over twelve hours but Kelek plans to sacrifice me when the first star is visible in the sky. He seeks entry into the Realm from which you saved us all, and I am somehow instrumental in this ritual. I know little else.
Jun 30, 2022 12:57 pm
"It's his connection with the stars." Hank commented on the obvious. The ranger had no clue as to how Kelek's ritual might work, but, one step at a time. They had to get there first.
Jun 30, 2022 1:05 pm
"When the first star is visible in the sky? Well then we haven't got a moment to lose!"
Jun 30, 2022 2:40 pm
"Damn straight, Bobby."
Jul 1, 2022 2:01 am
First star is visible in the sky, Eric repeated to himself shaking his head. No, we don't have much time Bobby. Eric thinks for a moment. How far away is the tower?

This summoning circle is a bit concerning as well. What could he be trying to summon? Eric adds.
Jul 1, 2022 10:03 pm
The summoning circle is most likely what is containing Kosar. It is luckily morning so you have a long time before the first star of evening appears.

I'm not sure what else I can tell you, Presto, Kosar thought. If you come for me, be careful. The League is different now, far too powerful.
Jul 3, 2022 7:21 am
Lorne
"I knew you'd wake up eventually, Presto," Lorne said with a grin as he walked in. "Any word on Kosar?"
Varla
"Presto's linked mentally to him. I think everyone's about to rush off into danger again."
Lorne
"I'll do my part to get the front lawn tidy. You all save Kosar and make the League sorry they ever interfered in our lives."
Varla
"Sheila, what I asked last night? It was unfair. I'm sorry. Do what you have to do and come home safely."
Jul 4, 2022 8:14 pm
"Its alright, Varla." Sheila replies. "Being in this realm always puts me on edge and fills me with sadness and unending frustration. Our enemies are never truly defeated and our friends never truly safe."
Jul 5, 2022 6:54 am
"We'll get Kosar, promise."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.