2: Valley of Dead Unicorns

load previous
Oct 4, 2022 12:17 am
OOC:
I'm thinking we want to attack one stalker, with the hope that the others move to engage us. Meanwhile, Presto waits on the opposite side of the tower for the stalkers to move towards the rest of the group. Then he can do his thing in relative peace.

With that plan, perhaps we split the paint bombs between Sheila and the Couatl. One of them can paint the first stalker. We all jump it. As other stalkers come to its aid, Sheila and the Couatl can bomb them as well.
Oct 4, 2022 2:14 am
OOC:
Sorry friends, I've been struggling over here lately. You know when you get to the end of the day and you're lying in bed and you remember "Oh wait, I need to post." Then you say you'll get to it tomorrow, then rinse/repeat.
"I won't need long to dispel the shield. Then I can either join you or we can take off in a different direction and leave them in our dust."
Oct 4, 2022 7:35 am
OOC:
Sheila is up for being one of the bombers. How close do we need to be to do it?
Oct 5, 2022 1:39 am
RageRed says:
OOC:
Sheila is up for being one of the bombers. How close do we need to be to do it?
OOC:
I'll say the spray bottles emit a 15-foot cone originating from you.
Oct 7, 2022 3:38 am
OOC:
Ok so tackle the stalkers one by one. Sheila will tag the first. The couatl will watch from a vantage point with its truesight to alert us when the others come near, and tag the second one that arrives. Repeat.

I think we can go to combat!
Oct 7, 2022 4:39 am
OOC:
Once everyone chimes in, we definitely can!
Oct 7, 2022 4:41 am
OOC:
No rush, hope everyone is okay!
Oct 8, 2022 6:31 am
OOC:
Yep. Let's go!
Oct 10, 2022 1:20 am
OOC:
ready and sorry. close on the house on 10/20. I can't believe the stuff we've accumulated over the years!
Oct 11, 2022 9:32 pm
Sheila grabs one of the spray bombs and prepares to begin their assault on the tower.
Oct 12, 2022 1:23 pm
OOC:
Update coming later today!

Couatl

annex

Oct 13, 2022 5:22 am
Couatl

"I will keep watch and alert you of the air killers' movements, Ranger, and strike when needed."
The feathered serpent in little bird form flew off toward the tower.
OOC:
OK! We do this Theatre of the Mind style with the status tracker to come shortly. We'll have Invisible Stalkers 1-4: 1 being the closest near the tower door, 2 and 3 on either side of the tower, and 4 on the far side of the tower. Pick your target, Sheila. None of them will see you coming. :P Diana is still also invisible and flying, big advantages. Even if you're invisible, please roll Stealth then... attack!
Oct 13, 2022 7:49 am
Sheila moves into position and then attacks the invisible creature to the left flank of the tower's entrance. Then, she quickly disengages and spins away.
OOC:
Used Inspiration point.
Last edited October 13, 2022 7:55 am

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+17)

(18) + 17 = 35

Spray - (1d20+11)

(2) + 11 = 13

Spray (Inspiration) - (1d20+11)

(13) + 11 = 24

Oct 14, 2022 2:55 am
OOC:
The key question is: does the stalker that Sheila goes after become more visible?

Couatl

annex

Oct 14, 2022 4:05 am
In a swirl of flour and other detritus, the invisible stalker is visible! How long it will stay visible is uncertain as it is already blowing away the foodstuff on and within it! It swung about, no doubt looking for the source of the attack, but remained in position.
[ +- ] Visible but still stalking!
Couatl

The other stalkers have not moved yet, the couatl thought to each of you.
Oct 14, 2022 5:15 am
"Then let's take care of this one first." Hank kept the couatl flying above as a lookout instead of asking it to join in the fight, to warn them if and when the situation changed.
OOC:
Spray worked, everyone concentrate their attacks on this one first.
Oct 15, 2022 10:30 am
OOC:
From what we can tell, are these stalkers mechanically on the ground or are they flying/levitating?

Am thinking of attempting a Shock Wave
[ +- ] Shock Wave
Last edited October 15, 2022 12:10 pm
Oct 16, 2022 1:53 am
From what Bobby saw of the visible stalker, it hovered just above the ground.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.