*Chapter One: The Village of Orlane

Aug 9, 2022 9:30 pm
OOC:
The scenario assumes that you are an adventuring company already, so let's have everyone introduce themselves in character and then I'll post the introduction.
Aug 25, 2022 8:12 pm
OOC:
I'll copy over what I posted in the Character Generation thread. Let me know if it needs more information about Talgarth
Talgarth is a half-elf, though he takes after his human mother in appearance. Quiet and taciturn, he is young, fit and has a (Hindrance) Curious nature.

From his time with the others they know he has been hiring himself out as a bounty hunter, and militia man, around the local region. He seems (Hindrance) Driven by a personal vendetta against the roving bandits, and shows no mercy towards them.

Most of the local folk don’t take well to him due to his standoffish nature, and that he is not a local so he is a noticeable (Hindrance) Outsider.

He’s got a sharp eye, and tends to (Edge) Notice what is going on around him with some skill. A skill that has served the group well when some (Edge) Thieving skills were needed, and he’s quick with his fists (Edge - Ambidextrous).

His equipment is well used and old. He carries a shield with a small reflective plate attached to the upper portion, and a sharp spike in the centre. He favours a heavy rapier in melee, and a sling for distance combat.
Last edited August 25, 2022 8:13 pm
Aug 25, 2022 8:32 pm
OOC:
Also porting over from the character thread:

Name: Elevan

Species: Wood Elf

Specialties: Archery and Wilderness Survival

Elevan was raised in the wilds where he learned to shoot and hunt. He doesn't look like much - a bit on the small side, wouldn't appear that threatening if you met him in a dark alley. But he knows how to handle a bow, and he shoots to kill. He's not much of a talker, but if you spend time with him, you'll learn that he is loyal to his friends (even if he isn't always friendly to them).
[ +- ] Picture
Elevan's life story isn't very complicated. He was raised a hunter and tracker, but eventually got the wanderlust that many an adolescent does. After doing some odd jobs a a guide, guard, etc, he found this crew and fell in with them. He's like that one friend who's kind of boring, but you know he's ride or die.
Aug 25, 2022 10:54 pm
Appearance: Rivers is simple and has a leather armor and metal helm. Has a nice shield. Throw a backpack on and a spear (blood Spiller) in his hand with a dagger to his side and you know him.

Personality: Rivers is cautious man that like to plan things out and not rush into things which is strange cause he isn't brightest guy around, but once he is set, that is him. He is an adventure that seek gold most of all.

Description: Rives is a tall (6'4") and husky for a human man. He has strangely/stringy hair red that is fairly short and full red beard. He is black eyes may as well be blind for how much he sees around him. Appears to be in his thirties.

Known: Known as an Adventurer.

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/003/667/732/large/nousseir-aissa-characters-spearman-final-v2.jpg?1476219281
Aug 26, 2022 8:59 pm
Zana is a teenaged girl. She had been tagging along with the group ever since they passed through her small, little fishersman's village. Her goal would be to reach Orlane and find her aunt who had fallen ill. She'd been hoping to pray to Procan to heal her aunt. She just seems a temporary tag along in the group to travel safely, and certainly not a seasoned adventurer.

https://i.imgur.com/0g0GdEg.jpg
Aug 30, 2022 1:27 am
Tefri is a half-elf, though he looks more human than elf, save for the ears. He is a quiet soul, never trying to draw attention to himself, but always observing, acutely. He comes from a faraway land and never really says much about his past. He carries a mostly expressionless face save for when he is doing his work. He has a strong, young build and he carries himself with a surprising amount of grace, despite his appearance. He has a mission to return to his homeland one day but there's several someones he must find prior to his return.
Aug 31, 2022 4:58 am
From Hochoch, the Realstream is quickly crossed at a shallow ford, and you follow a caravan track that winds along the south side of a narrow creek. The plains here are flat and grassy. Occasionally, large cottonwood trees grow along the stream, but in general the plain is unforested.

For several days, you pass through an uninhabited region with no untoward experiences. Finally, staying always to the right of the creek, the track enters a region of prosperous farms surrounded by fields of grain or pastures for cows and goats.

Early on the fourth afternoon of the trip, a cluster of buildings and trees becomes visible ahead, with the stone walls of a temple beyond—ORLANE.

At the outskirts of Orlane, a large grove of elms is visible to the left, while several wooden buildings border the road to the right.

On your right, a wooden house is surrounded by attractive flower gardens, with a small barn beyond. A teenage girl is churning butter on the porch, but she sees your group and runs into the house at your approach. Shadowy forms are visible behind closed curtains.

To the left, just past the elm grove and closer to the road, is a clean, whitewashed wooden house and barn. Several cows chew their cud just outside the barn. Three little girls playing in the yard of the house stop to gawk at your group. It does not take long, however, before an older girl emerges and quickly ushers them inside without a word to you.
Aug 31, 2022 3:10 pm
"The people of Orlane seem suspicious. I wonder if they have had trouble with travellers, or...bandits." the others can hear the contempt and hatred in his tone as he says that last word.

"Shall we find ourselves a tavern to rest, and soak up some local gossip?" he asks the group.
Aug 31, 2022 5:56 pm
River adds on, I rather soak of a brew myself. Local gossip will come.
Sep 1, 2022 2:59 pm
"To the tavern then," Talgarth replies, and follows Rivers up the path. He glances at the buildings either side, trying to gauge what has the locals so uneasy.
Sep 1, 2022 4:52 pm
Continuing along the road, you soon come to a crossroads. Here, the road continues to the east or turns to the north. To the east are more buildings, most of them largely non-descript, but one that stands out is a building to the northeast, just off the road. This is a large wooden inn. It is decorated with carvings of wheat sheaves along the roof's eaves. The inn was whitewashed once, but much of the paint has peeled. A sign picturing a cluster of wheat and a pitcher of beer or ale hangs over the door. A corral and stable, apparently empty, are off to the side.
Sep 2, 2022 2:45 pm
Talgarth follows along with the others as we head towards the tavern.

"I wager a beer and meal the name will be the Sheaf of Wheat," he comments to the group.
Sep 2, 2022 4:04 pm
OOC:
I wrote up a post yesterday, but apparently it didn't get posted. I blame the drunk gnomes inside my laptop.
Elevan follows quietly behind the group, looking around at the people and buildings around them as he goes.
Sep 3, 2022 12:59 am
"What an eerie place..", Tefri says quietly under his breath, moving quietly with the rest of the group.

He felt out place. As he usually did, but made no mention of it.

No need to draw unnecessary attention to myself or cause trouble for anyone when everyone here already looks to be vexed by unrest. I do wonder what happened though.
Sep 3, 2022 2:35 am
Rivers wastes zero time and strides up to the Inn and goes in. He looks about to see what is what before he is going to hunt a table as there are others with him.
Last edited September 3, 2022 2:36 am
Sep 12, 2022 8:54 pm
Bertram Beswill
The inn's taproom is fairly crowded (there are about nine customers in the place, as well as a barkeep and two serving maids). The barkeep greets you cheerfully and says, "Welcome, strangers. We see very few people coming through town these days. What brings you here?"

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Sep 13, 2022 12:29 am
Talgarth glances around the taproom, taking a measure of the other customers.
OOC:
Do all the other customers look like locals, and can he gauge what they do, e.g. traders, farmers, or town leaders?
Sep 13, 2022 12:36 am
They are definitely locals. You can discern that most are farmers, though a few look like they might be higher up in the political forum.

Rolls

Talgarth Flosian: Common Knowledge - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (3) = 3

1d6 : (5) = 5

Sep 13, 2022 1:37 am
"Good day to you," Talgarth returns the greeting and smiles at the other customers. "We were shunned as we entered town, so it is good to receive your welcome. A table with food and ale if you would have us in?"
Sep 13, 2022 2:54 am
Bertram Beswill
"Ah, but of course! I am Bertram Beswill and I bid you welcome to the Golden Grain Inn. Please make yourselves comfortable. Allow me to fetch you a beer, or perhaps a wine or brandy?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.