*Chapter One: The Village of Orlane

load previous
Jan 29, 2023 9:54 pm
OOC:
And I'm back. Thank you for your understanding.
"The goddess is the glorious Explictica Defilus! We are all servants of the goddess."
Jan 30, 2023 4:03 pm
OOC:
Welcome back @WhtKnt, and I hope your family are doing alright.
OOC:
Talgarth will try a Common Knowledge roll to see if he knows anything about Explictica Defilus
Last edited January 30, 2023 4:04 pm

Rolls

Common Knowledge - (1d4, RA)

(441) = 9

Wild Dice - Common Knowledge - (1d6, RA)

(4) = 4

Jan 30, 2023 6:38 pm
Tralgarth is certain that he has never heard of this deity. It is possibly a local organization.
Jan 30, 2023 8:11 pm
OOC:
Going to wait to hear from @ctme2000 & @Qralloq.

Talgarth would like to have this kidnapper lead them to the temple of the goddess. Also, still want to know who else is in on the plan to kidnap us (Innkeeper, Constable, etc)?
Feb 2, 2023 4:14 am
As Talgarth talks to the cult member, Ganamede starts mouthing an incantation under his breath. After a moment, their prisoner feels something slither underneath his leg and wrap around it, making it's way further up the man's body, until it's fangs are across from his face. If the man looks closely, he can see what looks to be a sliver of glistening liquid resting at the tip of the fang.

"My friend, if you don't answer my companion's questions, I'm afraid Velma here is going to have to take a bite. And I hear the pain is quite excruciating..."
OOC:
spending a benny
OOC:
uno mas benny
Last edited February 2, 2023 4:15 am

Rolls

Persuausion - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (5) = 5

Feb 2, 2023 11:21 am
Mandus thinks about the goddess is the glorious Explictica Defilus and her relationship to his own deity, Azor'alq.

Rolls

Common Knowledge* - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (65) = 11

Faith - (1d8, 1d6, RA)

1d8 : (6) = 6

1d6 : (63) = 9

Feb 3, 2023 9:37 pm
@Qralloq Nothing comes immediately to mind. You've not heard of Explictica Defilus. Hers is almost certainly a localized belief or cult.

The prisoner stares at the creature on his leg in horror, but remains steadfast in his dedication. "I serve the goddess!" Surely, his loyalty is unnatural.
Feb 4, 2023 1:41 am
"I suspect this one is under some type of charm or command of a magical nature," Talgarth offers his opinion to the others. "Well, shall we accept the goddesses invitation, but under our own terms. This one can lead us to her lair, but we can try to sneak in."
Feb 4, 2023 3:01 am
"Aye, he should likely be pleased to lead is back to his mistress, and reap the rewards she has for bringing her the quarry he was sent for."
Feb 4, 2023 3:09 am
Ganamede nods, "Come Phyllis, go find yourself a morsel than." The snake slowly unwinds, never leaving the prisoner's gaze, until it turns and disappears underneath the bed in search of something tasty to eat.
Feb 4, 2023 3:18 am
OOC:
@WhtKnt: Can't remember if we already searched the dead villains, but will do so now if we didn't. Do they have any amulets, tattoos, insignia that show they are followers of the goddess?
"Very well friend, we will come with you to meet your goddess," Talgarth informs the prisoner. "Tell us your name, so we can know who we speak with?"
OOC:
Once Talgarth has grabbed his gear he is ready to head out
Feb 4, 2023 6:33 pm
"My name is Garth. I will take you to the goddess." The men had only their weapons and armor, nothing to show their devotion.
Feb 4, 2023 11:34 pm
OOC:
Considering he planned to take us there anyway I am guessing it does not take much to have Garth lead the way. However, when we are getting close to it Talgarth will suggest we get rid of Garth, as we will not need him any longer, and we will want to check out the location before being spotted.

What does everyone else think?
Feb 5, 2023 3:44 am
OOC:
Being a cautious type, Ganamede would rather Garth doesn't cause any trouble once we're there. Don't think he'd condone outright murder, but knocking him out, gagging his mouth, and securely tying him up are a-okay!
Feb 5, 2023 4:52 pm
OOC:
Totally agree with binding and gagging him, not so much the shiv and shovel alternative.
Feb 5, 2023 4:57 pm
OOC:
Sounds perfect to me!

@WhtKnt: When we get close to the vicinity of where Garth says his goddes is he's going to find himself unconscious and trussed up in a ditch.
Feb 11, 2023 9:13 pm
Garth intones dazedly, "I will take you to the goddess. She will be delighted to see you." He leads you from the town out into the surrounding wetlands. You walk for what seems several days (though is closer to two), enduring the hazards of the swamp (bugs, quicksand, alligators, oppressive heat). Finally, when it seems that he is leading you in circles, he stops outside of a set of wooden stairs leading down into darkness. "This is the temple of the goddess." he says flatly.
Feb 11, 2023 11:35 pm
Mandus helps tie up Garth, and gives him a big drink of water and some food first. "We'll release you later. If not, someone will find you. But you know the truth, don't you, Garth? The goddess will save you if you believe hard enough."

After he's watered and fed, he's also gagged.
Feb 12, 2023 12:06 am
OOC:
I'll use Beast Friend and Environmental Protection during our travels through the swamp to make things easier
"And don't forget, Phyllis always watches. And she's always hungry." pointing his two fingers towards his eyes then Garths.
Feb 12, 2023 1:50 am
OOC:
Oh boy! I was thinking that the temple was on the town's outskirts, not several days away.
Talgarth investigates around the top of the wooden stairs, looking for signs of traffic, traps, and to get an idea of well kept they are.
OOC:
Rolling a Notice test in case it is needed. What time of day is it when they arrive?
Last edited February 12, 2023 1:51 am

Rolls

Notice 1d6+2 - (1d6+2, RA)

(5) + 2 = 7

You do not have permission to post in this thread.