*Chapter One: The Village of Orlane

load previous
Dec 21, 2022 4:06 pm
Mandus swings again, his scimitar thirsty for blood! The blow is so fierce that it cuts right through the woman's defenses (because I forgot to add the +2) and beheads her!

Rolls

Mandus Flayge: Fighting - (1d8, 1d6, RA)

1d8 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (3) = 3

Mandus Flayge: Damage - (1d8+1d8, RA)

(86) + (886) = 36

Dec 21, 2022 6:58 pm
Talgarth tries a whisper to Rivers to see if the silence spell broken

"Let us check on the others, and see if anyone else is hiding in ambush," he whispers.
OOC:
Can we figure out how they got into the room? Thru a window, door, hidden panel?
Dec 21, 2022 8:47 pm
OOC:
The silence spell remains in place. They did not come in through the door, is all that you know for sure. You can make a Notice check to look for secret doors or hidden panels.
Dec 21, 2022 9:53 pm
Talgarth searches around for how the villains entered their room, checking the walls, ceiling and floor. But the light is too dim and he struggles to see clearly around the unfamiliar room.
Last edited December 21, 2022 9:55 pm

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

Wild Dice Notice - (1d6, RA)

(1) = 1

Dec 21, 2022 9:59 pm
Rivers decides sleeping isn't happening and moves to put his armor on.
Dec 22, 2022 5:17 am
Ganamede returns the blow with his staff, but is too distracted by the sight of Mandus viciously beheading their attacker. He feels a bit sick inside. bloody hell man, no need for that! he thinks to himself.
OOC:
I'll spend the Benny acquired from the joker to reroll the fighting roll
Last edited December 22, 2022 5:21 am

Rolls

Fighting - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (3) = 3

Fighting (Benny) - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (2) = 2

Dec 22, 2022 5:13 pm
Ganamede strikes at the remaining man, but misses.
OOC:
Rivers?
Dec 27, 2022 8:15 pm
As Rivers moves to don his armor, the remaining man decides that discretion is the better part of valor and drops his weapon. "I surrender," he says, raising his hands.

OOC:
Combat over!

Remember that Rivers and Talgarth are in the other room.
Jan 15, 2023 4:54 am
"Mandus, go check on the others and bring them here. I'll keep our guest busy.". He picks up the man's rapier, holding it against his throat. Angrily, "Who are you? Why were you sent to kill us?!"
Jan 15, 2023 6:24 am
The man does not hesitate. "I serve the goddess," he replies, his gaze almost unblinking. "She demands your capture."
Jan 15, 2023 7:03 am
Mandus spins his scimitar and follows Ganamede's suggestion. He moves into the hallway then to the other room, expecting more kidnappers.
Jan 15, 2023 3:45 pm
In the other room, Mandus finds only two dead bodies and Talgarth. Talgarth says something, but the silence spell remains in place.
Jan 15, 2023 5:51 pm
Talgarth waves his hand in annoyance, pointing to the hallway outside, and then leads Mandus out there.
OOC:
Is the silence spell only focused on the room? Also, I cannot remember what, if anything, Talgarth found on the dead bodies?
Jan 15, 2023 6:07 pm
The bodies had only their weapons and armor (none, in the case of the thug and chain for the woman you beheaded). The woman carried a mace and the man a club. The silence is still active and appears to be focused only on the rooms.
Jan 15, 2023 6:48 pm
Snapping his finger as he backs up until he can hear it, Mandus finds where the spell ends, and tells Talgarth, when he's also out of the effect, "In our room as well. We captured one. You're alright though?"
Jan 15, 2023 7:25 pm
"Yes, managed to wake up before those two attacked," Talgarth whispers back. "I could not find how they got into the room though. Let's go question the one you have in your room, and see who sent them. We should be careful in case the owner of the Inn is with them."

Talgarth will follow Mandus back to the other room, trying to keep alert to any other dangers.
Jan 15, 2023 8:43 pm
Mandus closes the door to Talgarth's room -- those bodies are questions without answers, if anyone sees them. He goes back to the room and Ganamede.
Jan 15, 2023 11:15 pm
As the others walk back in the room, "Glad you both are safe. His Goddess needs us." Turning back to the hostage, "Why?"
Last edited January 15, 2023 11:16 pm
Jan 16, 2023 4:28 am
"She has commanded you be captured and we obey."
Jan 16, 2023 6:11 pm
"Which goddess? What is her name and who serves her?' Talgarth keeps his weapon pointed at the burglar and waves it dangerously in his direction. "Who else, besides you four, are her acolytes? Is the innkeeper in her thrall? What of constable Tefri, is he one of her's?"
OOC:
I am going to try a Persuasion to see if it makes him more helpful. He has the Outsider Hindrance, so putting on the -2 here.

Hah, seems Talgarth is just talking too fast and sounding distracted after the fight.
Last edited January 16, 2023 6:12 pm

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d4-2, RA)

(3) - 2 = 1

Wild Dice Persuasion - (1d6-2, RA)

(5) - 2 = 3

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.