New Player Guide Feedback!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 21, 2018 4:59 pm
Cruvis says:
Here's a question for the GMs FAQ: How do we flip the forum posts around so that the most recent post appears at the top, instead of at the very end of the thread? This little fix would save me many hours over a span of just one year.

Thanks in advance!

Cru
I'm pretty sure that you can't do that. What I do when looking for the newest post is to use the down arrow after the pages numbers:

https://i.imgur.com/5IztRSk.png

That will take you to the most recent post in a forum.
Jan 22, 2018 1:38 am
Cruvis says:
Here's a question for the GMs FAQ: How do we flip the forum posts around so that the most recent post appears at the top, instead of at the very end of the thread? This little fix would save me many hours over a span of just one year.
This isn't possible at this time. I'll consider this feature, but if it's implemented, it'll be later; it's a bit contrary to how forums work, and with there already being a "jump to last post" feature, it'd be considered low priority.
Jan 22, 2018 1:49 am
Now that I know about that feature, even less so... That little black dog-eared page icon is going to change my life!! ;)
Last edited January 22, 2018 1:51 am
Feb 21, 2018 3:23 am
I'm sorry but I have a question, I'm in a game at the moment, and I heard there is a 'post as' button and I can't find it, I'm told by multiple people that its around the text window (like this one), but I'm unable to find it. Is it because I'm blind or is it truly not there?
Feb 21, 2018 3:48 am
Darkheart says:
I'm sorry but I have a question, I'm in a game at the moment, and I heard there is a 'post as' button and I can't find it, I'm told by multiple people that its around the text window (like this one), but I'm unable to find it. Is it because I'm blind or is it truly not there?
Have you submitted a character sheet to the game (and the GM has accepted the sheet), and does the character sheet have an avatar uploaded? I think if that isn't the case, the POST AS dropdown box doesn't appear.
Last edited February 21, 2018 3:49 am
Feb 21, 2018 4:38 am
Qralloq says:
Darkheart says:
Have you submitted a character sheet to the game (and the GM has accepted the sheet), and does the character sheet have an avatar uploaded? I think if that isn't the case, the POST AS dropdown box doesn't appear.
I have submitted a character and an avatar the GM has accepted me I think as it says I'm in the game, is the avatar to small perhaps?
Feb 21, 2018 4:49 am
Not sure. If you edit the character sheet and click change Avatar, does it still show/preview it?

Also, try refreshing the page.
Last edited February 21, 2018 4:49 am
Feb 21, 2018 5:17 am
Hmmm it dosn't show it, it does show a green check mark though, Going to try and change it here.
Feb 21, 2018 5:20 am
Nope, didn't work, maybe I was invited but not accepted? If that makes any sense.
Feb 21, 2018 5:35 am
It may be that you as the player are in the game but the character you submitted hasn't been approved yet. The GM has to click a button to approve the character before it's available in the game.
Last edited February 21, 2018 5:36 am
Feb 21, 2018 6:18 am
Have you asked the GM if your character has been accepted?
Jun 23, 2019 7:33 pm
Well I am a new player and this is well done!
Jun 24, 2019 2:00 pm
Windyridge says:
Well I am a new player and this is well done!
Thank you :)
Aug 13, 2019 1:37 pm
With the slew of new sign-ups (judging solely by the number of introduction posts) I've taken another look at the New GP Member Guide, which I think hasn't been updated in a while. Just a few thoughts:

1. It seems like people are still missing the red bar at the bottom, so it might be good to mention that.

2. It might be a good idea to take the information presented in nhoj858's Guide to Embedding Images into your Post and include it in the New GP Member Guide.

3. This:
Naatkinson says:
I never asked, but is a link to the guide included in the welcome emails? Or maybe it should be stickied on the front page of people's accounts for the first two weeks after joining?
Last edited August 13, 2019 1:38 pm
Oct 21, 2019 2:02 pm
Hey Naatkinson. Do you think it would be worth adding the list of public games to the new guide, so new members can browse around and check how GP works? (I cannot find that post though...)
Last edited October 21, 2019 2:02 pm
Oct 21, 2019 2:05 pm
The index of public games is here.
Oct 21, 2019 2:10 pm
thanks! that's the one. I'm getting the feeling new member may like having easy access to that :D

I'd go as far as suggesting replacing the "Random appearing subforums, Batman!" homepage post with the New Player Guide and maybe link important resources from there :D (at least for Players that are less than 1 month old or something like that)
Oct 21, 2019 2:17 pm
CESN says:
thanks! that's the one. I'm getting the feeling new member may like having easy access to that :D

I'd go as far as suggesting replacing the "Random appearing subforums, Batman!" homepage post with the New Player Guide and maybe link important resources from there :D (at least for Players that are less than 1 month old or something like that)
As a new member I’m finding that link very helpful. I’m just reading the saltmarsh adventure now.
Oct 21, 2019 2:21 pm
That's great to hear, Adam! That's why I always include those links in my welcome message. I like CESN's idea of linking to the New Player Guide from the index page. Maybe the Games Tavern and Public Games Index as well? Just a thought.
Oct 21, 2019 2:36 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
That's great to hear, Adam! That's why I always include those links in my welcome message. I like CESN's idea of linking to the New Player Guide from the index page. Maybe the Games Tavern and Public Games Index as well? Just a thought.
I will try to remember to do that tonight! Where in the thread should I post it? Beginning, middle, end?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.