01: Snow White's birthday party

load previous
Oct 28, 2022 4:40 pm
OOC:
I deliberatelly ping for the front page pings.
Would you all prefer to use an init so that all players are simultaneous? Probably based on the highest individual roll dragging along the whole side? And whoever posts first in a round acts first?
Oct 28, 2022 5:26 pm
SvanDerh says:
OOC:
I deliberatelly ping for the front page pings.
Would you all prefer to use an init so that all players are simultaneous? Probably based on the highest individual roll dragging along the whole side? And whoever posts first in a round acts first?
OOC:
That sounds like it could be agile, and allow some team plays, though it also gifts a mechanical change (high ini) to quick posters. Is high ini an advantage? Can't say for sure tbh
Oct 28, 2022 11:17 pm
OOC:
idc. I just saw bold and didn't think it was my turn. But that's my mistake.for not actual looking.
However. My default is the latest post page. I almost never homepage
Oct 29, 2022 10:12 am
OOC:
That propably explains a lot. I always open GP on the homepage and go to my games from there. I'm happy to make any changes though to make the game run smoother. As this combat is indeed running for a while now. Partially due to bad dice from either side.

@Khulod Anything Genie wants to do? Then I shall move up his initiative next round so all players are in the game "batch"
Oct 29, 2022 11:00 pm
OOC:
I find using the site especially for combat kinda challenging for similar reasons to what CaveJohnson said. I pretty much never go to the front page because other games I’m in don’t use pings, and because I got pretty confused by it previously (why does it show all pings even from long ago, do I need to keep clearing pings, etc) so I just gave up on trying to track pings.

But then if I rely on checking for bolded threads with new posts, it becomes a real drag to do so during combat because 90%+ of the time there are new posts but it’s not my turn. So I find myself either checking GP and clicking through threads all the time when there’s actually nothing to post and feeling extremely silly for doing that when I have only 3 games here, or just shrugging and checking back a lot less and risk missing my turn.
Oct 31, 2022 8:05 pm
OOC:
I hope everyone is still on board this game...
I honestly have no idea what Genie would do in this situation with a charmed guy in front of him. But it has been 5 days already.
So I shall just do what makes tactical sense and says he'd cast Eldritch Blast on Pirate 4.
Ariel
Ariel swims to the pier where all the boats are docked, but doesn't climb on it yet. She just yells: "Eric! You, pirate! Let Eric go! He's not the one you'd want!"

Pirate 3
Stands, under the influence of Père's spell. Looking quite confused at the fighting going on. "Uuhm.... Can't we just be friends?"

Pirate 5
Swims as fast as he can to the little row boat at the pier. He grabs hold of it and attempts to lift himself in. But the boat tips enough for him to slip and he splashes back in.

Pirate 6
The pirate heard Ariel's call. He still drags Eric along, but now also holds his dagger to his Eric's throat. "Yer right fish! The boss only wants pretty boy so ye'd obey! Come with us peacefully, or say bye-bye!"

OOC:
[ +- ] Battle Map
Pirate 1: Down at AI19
Pirate 2: Down at AI11
Pirate 3: Healthy but Charmed by Père
Pirate 4: Down at AH10
Pirate 5: Healthy but swimming
Pirate 6: A bit hurt (Holding Eric Grappled)
Pirate 7: Down at AH19
Ariel: Very hurt
Eric: Hurt

Initiative order:
PCs: Belle, Genie, Rapunzel, Père
NPCs: Merida, Eric, Ariel
Bad guys: Pirates

Genie I took control of Genie for now to keep the game going. Eldritch blast. Takes down pirate 4
Ariel The gamer in me wants to grapple Pirate 5 and dive to the bottom of the harbour, but I don't think that is what Ariel would do.
Pirate 3 Charmed
Pirate 5 Dash to boat. Swim and climb half move. Make check for climbing out of water into a boat
Pirate 6 Dash half move

Hopefully to speed up play, I have put initiative to side-based initiative. Everyone take your turns in any order you'd like!

Rolls

Genie: Eldritch Blast to hit - (1d20+5)

(13) + 5 = 18

Genie: Eldritch Blast damage - (1d10+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Pirate 5 Athletics vs DC 12 - (1D20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Oct 31, 2022 10:15 pm
OOC:
Alright! Count me in, back in the game :)
Rapunzel runs forward, to the bridge just before a small watchtower. She has lost sight of Eric, but hears the pirate's voice. While crossing, she sees Ariel and Belle at the other side, staring at a point behind the tower, where Eric seems to be. "Ariel! Don't listen to him! We have the upper hand!", she yells, and rounds the left side of the tower.
OOC:
Dash to AK33 (assuming that's a viable square; it's next to the tower wall)
OOC:
Also, that's a tower, right? Or am i plain wrong and it's a fence? Haha
Nov 1, 2022 12:31 am
Père is a picture of comical surprise when he realises that the nearby pirate actually listened to him and apologised. He shrugs, and trots up ahead to try to help.
OOC:
He dashes up to AI20, if I’m counting squares right
Last edited November 1, 2022 12:31 am
Nov 1, 2022 5:56 pm
Bunt says:
OOC:
Also, that's a tower, right? Or am i plain wrong and it's a fence? Haha
OOC:
Yes that'd be a watch tower :)
Nov 2, 2022 1:25 pm
Belle sees Ariel call out to Eric. She begins her way down the dock. She stops short of the stairs waiting to see which way Eric and the pirate go.
OOC:
with either the combination of move, dash, and/jumping I should be able to get to AD35/36
Nov 3, 2022 7:55 pm
Belle and Rapunzel rush forward. Père does his best as his legs can carry him.
As Ariel climbs out of the water as well. He tail splits in two and changes into a pair of legs.

The pirate is surrounded. He holds his knife to Eric's throat, looking menancingly.

In the distance the other pirate climbs out of the harbor, into the rowing boat and rows away.

Then, he gives Eric a push. Eric takes two steps forward and tumbles to the ground.
Ariel immediatelly rushes forward to him.

Pirate
"Listen! I ask ye, don't hurt me! I was just doing the bosses' orders ye ken?" he says as he puts his hands just a little bit in the air and drops his weapon. "Keep the crazy lass with the frying pan away from me, okay?"

OOC:
As the pirate can no way safely row away with Eric alone and is surrounded, and as Khulod is out for a bit as well, this is the end of the combat. Pirate 5 rows off, Pirate 6 surrenders, charmed pirate 3 is having a tea party with Merida and Genie :)
[ +- ] Final Battle Map
Nov 3, 2022 8:33 pm
"What did you want with her, and him. Them. What did you want with them?" Belle stammers through walking up to the pirate
Nov 3, 2022 8:47 pm
Rapunzel lets Belle do the questioning. She approaches and just hovers around, pan in hand, watching the pirate menacingly, at least according to herself.
Nov 6, 2022 8:20 am
Père, meanwhile, catches up with the rest of them after a while, panting heavily from his dash. He just waves weakly at the others and watches the proceedings.
Nov 6, 2022 6:00 pm
Pirate
"Listen, we is just the shipmates," the pirate says. "I know nothing." but then he sees Rapunzel menacingly twirling the frying pan around. "Well... not nothing ye ken... just... not much... not everything... Listen... I didn't tell ya this, or the boss will gut me with his hook." he stammers quite nervously. "We needed to take the fish. And pretty boy. The boss says there is something at the bottom of the ocean, and he wants it. The fish needed to get it for us. And pretty boy was our security that she wouldn't just swim away... I dunno what it is exactly. But it's supposed to be a great artefact from a great battle near an island called Te'Fiti."

Rolls

How menacingly is Rapunzel? :) - (1d20-1)

(20) - 1 = 19

Nov 7, 2022 6:12 am
Père was still panting, but he couldn’t help but comment on the absurdity of the pirates’ plan, "Wait… you kidnap a mermaid, and the plan is to have her help you retrieve something by releasing her into the water? Not a great plan."
Last edited November 7, 2022 6:13 am
Nov 7, 2022 5:30 pm
Pirate
"That's why the boss said we'd need to take pretty boy too." He points at Eric. "To make sure the fish would come back."
Nov 7, 2022 6:30 pm
OOC:
Yes. Beware of the deranged princess with a pan :)
"Hook? Te'Fiti? Ariel? It's like someone ripped a page of each book and shuffled them together", said Rapunzel chuckling a little and glancing at her companions (and giving a quick angry glare at the pirate for good measure). "Pére, you're the master of stories. Oh, and of course, you too Belle! Isn't this about that hearty polynesian thingie? Not that I know where that is."

She then held a lock of her hair and approached Ariel. "You are terribly hurt. May I?" She tied the lock on Ariel's shoulder, and chanted softly the complete incantation:

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine

Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine
Last edited November 7, 2022 6:35 pm

Rolls

Healing Incantation (Cure Wounds) - (1d8+6)

(3) + 6 = 9

Nov 13, 2022 7:23 pm
Père raises a finger, "Just… just hold on one second. Who is this boss of yours and where is he now? And what is this artefact exactly?"
Nov 14, 2022 5:19 pm
"Captain Hook 🪝🪝🪝?, It's.the only one that makes sense to me."
OOC:
yahrrr

You do not have permission to post in this thread.