Warlock! OOC Discussion

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous

KCC

Nov 30, 2022 3:01 am
Does that mean wrap the game? Or the scene? How are we looking in terms of longevity?
Nov 30, 2022 6:23 am
I meant wrap the scene, but if folks think this is a good stopping point period, can can definitely call it here or pause it. I had more planned, but I’m willing to roll with the group. Thoughts?
Dec 1, 2022 6:52 pm
Keep going, definitely! How are you enjoying the game, Harrigan?
Dec 2, 2022 2:19 am
I’m enjoying it a ton! It’s not the most focused affair in the world, but that doesn’t bother me a bit. It might bug some of you, though — just riffing on things to see what happens and what erupts is fun, but I do have a couple of more directed things coming up if y’all want to sink your teeth into something meatier.

KCC

Dec 2, 2022 3:39 am
Happy to stay going, yeah, if there’s a group for it!! If there isn’t, well, I had a a great time and will be revisiting the system in the future, for sure!

Len

Dec 2, 2022 4:05 am
Harrigan says:
I’m enjoying it a ton! It’s not the most focused affair in the world, but that doesn’t bother me a bit. It might bug some of you, though — just riffing on things to see what happens and what erupts is fun, but I do have a couple of more directed things coming up if y’all want to sink your teeth into something meatier.
If you're looking for player-directed action, if the bandits keep giving Trusova bruises I imagine she'd go on the offensive. Find out where they're laying low and hit them while their guard is down. But, Trusova is equally in need of coin, so she's be eager to pursue the opportunities the Confessor outlined, at least until something more profitable emerges.
Dec 2, 2022 4:57 am
There should be a few options on the table come morning…

KCC

Dec 3, 2022 11:35 am
@Jabes.plays.RPG, ready to hit the high seas again? We’ll be needing our captain, surely!
Dec 15, 2022 3:08 am
Keep on rolling with the discussion, folks. I think Jabes has stepped away. Let's presume Foghorn is busy / unavailable, perhaps after this meeting. We'll bring him back in when Jabes returns.

If you need a ship, for whatever purposes, we can probably have Foggie provide his for a cut of the action...
Dec 17, 2022 4:17 pm
Righty -- thoughts on pressing on? Are you looking at scum-skimming today, investigating where the scum is coming from, delving into the sewers where the dwarf went, looking for the bandits after Trusova, or laying low for the day and striking out at night on Wolke's job?
Dec 18, 2022 3:00 am
Trusova would like to hit the streets and start asking around for who these bandits are and where to find them. Then, Lambert's job in the evening.
Dec 18, 2022 7:16 am
Cool. If the others are on board with that idea, just give me the high sign here when I should move us forward.

KCC

Dec 18, 2022 9:44 am
That plan sounds good to me!
Dec 18, 2022 5:07 pm
The other thing to remember is that this is (British) OSR... so hirelings are a thing. (If you're feeling undermanned for the night operation...)

Len

Dec 21, 2022 6:32 am
I think Trusova would not rush to take on hirelings at this time. Coin is tight, and she wouldn't trust them. As long as there's a people who have it out for her, who's to say these people won't flip to their side? The group doesn't have the resources to guarantee their loyalty. However, if KCC or Ciriaco feel strongly about retaining some muscle, Trusova could accept it easier if they were people that Lambert or Banio could vouch for.

Len

Dec 21, 2022 7:06 pm
It's winter holidays, so please feel free to ignore this if folks are busy, but I thought I'd ask how people are enjoying the Warlock! system? The setting and Harrigan's presentation of it are stellar, so I'm thinking specifically about the mechanics on their own. For example, I enjoyed the character creation with its flavourful & randomly generated occupations. It made for some unique characters, and I'm enjoying playing in this group of sketchy folks. What are some rules people like and don't like so far?
Dec 22, 2022 7:58 pm
Also interested in this!

KCC

Dec 25, 2022 10:31 am
Having tried to play Warhammer 4th Edition (which I like well enough), it was very very finicky! I like how stripped down this is. No fiddly bits. My dice rolls don’t exact work well, trying to beat 20, but the theory of it is good!

I also like leaning into the Warhammer-ness. That specific, grimy ‘ay-up guvna’ness.
Dec 25, 2022 8:48 pm
Sweet. I like the Luck mechanic, too... and there are some things (like combat, or magic, or crits) that we haven't tested heavily yet.

Len

Dec 26, 2022 1:45 am
Yeah, I'm really curious to see more about those mechanics. Combat seems the easiest to reach for our characters, as we are cruisin' for a bruising as we speak. I like the +5 on offense only. Partly why Trusova wants to hit these guys back - this is a world where if you're only defending then you're just pretending! Let's slice open some throats.

Magic seems further away. Don't see Trusova going down that path but it'll be interesting to see how it works at the table. Hopefully we won't be exploring crits on the receiving end, but it should be interesting to see either way.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.