GAME CHAT 3: The Mournland

load previous
Nov 9, 2022 6:58 pm
Ganesh says:
OOC:
I didn't mean to go out of turn, but you said that the cloud moved forward and exploded and told me to make a save. I didn't read carefully enough to notice that you said: "on your turn" and since the cloud exploded already it didn't occur to me that Fredo's action could stop what had apparently already happened.
OOC:
I did not intend to make it as apparent for tension building in the game. I felt compelled to do so as an explanation after your post to show how going out of turn can mess stuff up from time to time. It's okay, I am going to miss stuff, you and everyone are going to miss things from time to time. It is the nature of the PBP format.
Nov 9, 2022 7:00 pm
Initiative Order
Kata (12)
Ovak (9) (had the +2 int modifer as tie breaker)
Mordaky (9)
Gabrielle (8)
Black Cloud (7)
Fredo d’Nada (5)
Malbor (3)

Moisie (is unconscious and bleeds out 2)

MALBOR (3) IT'S YOUR TURN
OOC:
Feel free to repost or make any changes you like
Nov 9, 2022 7:10 pm
OOC:
Yah. It's no problem at all. You and I have played together before (twice now). So you know I'm good with whatever.

But now I am a little confused. If it envelops me (and does damage) I can't avoid 11 damage (even if I save) and will be unconscious so I won't get a chance to do anything else.
Last edited November 9, 2022 7:11 pm
Nov 11, 2022 2:58 am
Ganesh says:
OOC:
Yah. It's no problem at all. You and I have played together before (twice now). So you know I'm good with whatever.

But now I am a little confused. If it envelops me (and does damage) I can't avoid 11 damage (even if I save) and will be unconscious so I won't get a chance to do anything else.
OOC:
"Envelops" is just an adjective to describe the scene. Trying to find different words to use is one of the things I enjoy about PBP. A wacky adjective I may use will change nothing as far as the game mechanics I already posted, so yes if you save you still take half etc...
Nov 11, 2022 3:00 am
Initiative Order
Mordaky (9)
Gabrielle (8)
Black Cloud (7)
Fredo d’Nada (5)
Malbor (3)

Moisie (is unconscious, bleeds out 3 and perished)

OVAK (9) IT'S YOUR TURN
Nov 11, 2022 3:01 am
With it still in Ovak range she again fires on it with her longbow, but she just can't seem to harm the gases thang.
Last edited November 11, 2022 3:02 am

Rolls

Longbow, Damage - (1d20+4, 1d8+2)

1d20+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

1d8+2 : (8) + 2 = 10

Nov 11, 2022 3:05 am
The Black Cloud
The arrow soars over the Black Cloud and misses.
Nov 11, 2022 3:06 am
Initiative Order
Mordaky (9)
Gabrielle (8)
Black Cloud (7)
Fredo d’Nada (5)
Malbor (3)

MORDAKY (9) IT'S YOUR TURN
Nov 11, 2022 12:47 pm
Mordaky came to a stop and turned to look back at the cloud, it was not pursuing him. He took a few moments to level two fingers at the creature and spoke the words to summon his white crackling energy that leapt at the cloud! He then turned and continued to put distance between him and the cloud.
OOC:

Standard Action: Eldritch Blast
Move Action: Move 30ft away

Rolls

Eldritch Blast to hit - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Eldritch Blast damage - (1d10)

(7) = 7

Nov 12, 2022 12:47 pm
The Black Cloud
The blast strikes the heart of the Black Cloud. It stops moving and dissolves leaving faint black whisps of dark fog lingering behind.
OOC:
The group is out of combat
Nov 12, 2022 3:45 pm
Fredo looks around, sees Maisie on the floor, gets on his knees, and summons his magical mark to attempt to heal his fellow diminutive.
OOC:
Running, then casting Cure Wounds.
[ +- ] Cure Wounds (Evocation) - prepared

Rolls

Cure Wounds healing - (1d8+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Nov 12, 2022 4:10 pm
HeroAmongMen says:
Fredo looks around, sees Maisie on the floor, gets on his knees, and summons his magical mark to attempt to heal his fellow diminutive.
OOC:
Running, then casting Cure Wounds.
[ +- ] Cure Wounds (Evocation) - prepared
OOC:
Moisie bled out for three rounds and already passed away
Nov 12, 2022 5:47 pm
"I’m sorry about your friend. Acheron has taken her now.

A tall man approaches, robed in a faded green, hooded tunic with an ornate wooden shield in his back. His face is deeply tanned and weathered with a long greying blonde beard, neatly braided in contrast to his tattered clothes. His gaze intent on the body of Moisie as he joins Fredo at his side.

"The Mournlands can be very unforgiving.", his voice is deep and gravelly, yet kind. After a deep, meditative sigh, he leans on his walking stick and addresses the rest of the group. "What brings you to this Gruumsh-forsaken place?"
Last edited November 12, 2022 5:48 pm
Nov 12, 2022 6:36 pm
Mordaky sighed in relief as he watched the cloud dissipate, though the exhalation caused him to cough, his lungs still very damaged from the initial onslaught of the cloud. He made his way back to the others, "We lost two..." he said with a sadness in his voice.
Nov 12, 2022 7:34 pm
Ovak puts away her bow and approaches the dead body of Moisie. She barely stands there as there isn't much life left in her either. Appears she is doing a rather quiet self thoughts to herself as she says nothing but spends time just standing before her body till she finally goes to it and strips it down. Just before she starts to stripe it down, she casts two cure wounds upon herself. She says as she is taking care of the body of Moisie, "I just used the last of my healing. Do we have any more?"
[ +- ] Ovak
GM: What is the equipment list on Moisie?
Last edited November 12, 2022 7:47 pm

Rolls

Cure Wounds - (2d8+4)

(34) + 4 = 11

Nov 12, 2022 8:10 pm
OOC:
Battle axe
Longbow
Disguise kit
Thieves tools
A small knife
A map of a city
Monastery Scroll
set of common clothes
Last edited November 12, 2022 8:45 pm
Nov 12, 2022 8:45 pm
The man looks at Ovak with the faint smile of one recalling old memories. "I have some healing ability.", he says to Ovak in a very guttural form of Orc. His Common accent is surprisingly not very noticeable. "If I may?"

He clutches something through his cloak and mutters something in a strange primal tongue.
[ +- ]
Last edited November 12, 2022 8:58 pm

Rolls

Healing Word - (1d4+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Nov 12, 2022 8:52 pm
Ovak nods in agreement for a healing and calls to the others, We will head back to town to take care of the dead. After Ovak has removed whatever gear from Moisies, she rolls the body in blanket to her arms. "Mordaky. See to it that you collect five gold coins from this man here if he plans to leave with us." Although her voice doesn't give the slights hint of concern, her arms cradle in Moisie body like a newborn baby.

She will lead off some toward town, but really isn't moving any speed till everyone else is on the move. Appears she has left matters of the other body to others. She appears to be in no mood to talk with the new person at the moment. Perhaps on the trip back. Appears Ovak is grieving in her own way.
[ +- ] Ovak
Last edited November 12, 2022 9:39 pm
Nov 13, 2022 12:31 am
OOC:
Malbor is lying on the ground unconscious.. possibly dead.
Nov 13, 2022 12:53 am
The man drops his head, then takes a look around, noticing the unconscious, still breathing Drow laying there. "Your other friend is still breathing."

He rushes to his side, once again, you hear a primal voice from him as his hands seem to scoop at the air, before pushing his hands to the half-elf’s chest.
[ +- ] Cure Wounds

Rolls

Cure wounds - (1d8+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.