OOC Discussion

load previous
Mar 13, 2023 12:41 am
I might be a bit delayed for the next while. I am hopeful that is not the case.
Mar 13, 2023 5:16 am
No problem, I had a busy weekend so haven't replied for Oril yet. I like the way you opened the scene though, so excited to respond. Hopefully tomorrow.
Mar 13, 2023 9:17 am
No worries. I still feel like I'm in the introductory spiel so taking it slowly is fine by me.

Are we on the the Frontline of an alien invasion? Has the Messiah come to heal this broken world? Is Fume an alien relic? Does prophecy matter when you're as lucky as Torc? Many questions need answering.
Mar 20, 2023 6:03 pm
Quote:
Are we on the the Frontline of an alien invasion? Has the Messiah come to heal this broken world? Is Fume an alien relic?
These are cool ideas.
The belief rules of character creation work well for this kind of thing.
You could convert all of these questions into "actionable" beliefs, and then we play to find out if the Belief is true and what Torc does because of his beliefs.

Does that sound like an interesting style of play to you?
If yes, I can go over what would help me the most when you write them up.
Mar 21, 2023 2:59 pm
Just touching base. I should be able to post by tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
Mar 27, 2023 1:36 pm
I keep getting bogged down with work. I don't think I'll be able to continue this game before Easter weekend. Since we haven't really got this going in full swing yet I understand if you don't want to continue with all the delays, but I would be interested to try again after Easter if you guys are still interested. Let me know what you think.
Mar 28, 2023 2:11 am
Quote:
but I would be interested to try again after Easter if you guys are still interested.
Yes, I am still interested. The solo format makes it work just fine. Thank you for checking in!
Mar 28, 2023 2:50 am
I have no problem with waiting. I'll look through the rules again I the meantime.
Apr 7, 2023 5:47 am
Awesome thanks for waiting! I'm looking forward to posting this weekend!
Apr 12, 2023 9:55 pm
I was re-reading the rules and realized I hadn't thought about XP much yet. Given that this is PbP, what are we considering the end of a session? The end of a thread, or a a certain number of threads, or just by feel and you'll let us know when to consider XP.
Apr 13, 2023 4:16 am
I go by feel, but generally by 3-4 threads, the end of session feels right.
Apr 13, 2023 4:27 am
Sounds good
May 2, 2023 6:32 pm
Been bogged down with things, but I'm still here! I'll be back in the swing of things soon.
May 2, 2023 7:40 pm
No worries, but thanks for checking in. I think we might have lost Jomsviking, but I'm still interested to continue. Hope things ease up for you soon.
May 29, 2023 2:48 pm
I was on vacation last week. I thought I'd have more time to post, but time kept slipping away, but I'm back now and will post soon.
Jun 1, 2023 10:36 pm
Thanks for the pointer on that original content. I got it in my head there was no violence. Ha! I'll roll with it...
Jun 3, 2023 5:36 am
No problem, I wrote that months ago now and it was tucked away so I understand forgetting that detail. I did like that angle, but also if you had a different idea that you had in mind and you'd prefer to explore then I'd be open to retconing things. We don't have to much tied to those details yet, so if you prefer the crew had vanished I can rework that.
Jun 10, 2023 5:03 pm
That scene was fun! I'm starting to get a feel for Oril.

Let's review some of the open questions and focus on a few you find most interesting, and I can frame another scene toward those. I think one, maybe two more scenes and we'll be close to the end of session.

I am tempted to nail down a few more aspects of the politics and world. But I am a big fan of just building the world as much as we need at the moment of play, with this improv style.
Are there any broad-stroke ideas about the factions of the world we should define, to help give you context?
Jul 16, 2023 8:30 pm
Hey, an update here. Been a disrupted summer so far for me. I hope to get back in the swing of things soon.
Jul 17, 2023 5:23 am
No worries at all. I've been distracted too, but things are settling down for me and I'm excited to continue. I'll review our story so far and try to put together a list of open questions this week for us to mull over.
Last edited July 17, 2023 5:24 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.