Ch. Z : The infinite Tower

load previous
Sep 15, 2023 3:54 pm
Stryker takes a look back into the tunnel and the receding light, "Looks like everyone’s okay and whatever it was has left us alone. If you don’t think that light is a threat to us, I did find a few interesting things up ahead if you want to explore it."

Stryker describes what he saw:

Crystals There is a large glassy mass that covers a section of rock that is sprinkles with small sections of a luminous pale blue stone. The glowing bits look similar to the other crystals you collected but you do not recognize the glass like mass.

Dust cloud it swirling. Feeling a warm breeze you assume there is some kind of volcanic vent in the middle or some other phenomenon is causing the effect. Keeping clear you move on.

Your search bring you to a region full of large cracks and canyons. sharp crashing sounds echo through the caverns depths.

Magma pools and gas vents and from hiding spot a salamander who snaps his fingers and a gargoyle bounds around the stone and bounds ahead. Further in is a squat structure of shiny obsidian built like a squat tower. The black structure rises only 30 or so fee up and has a lava stream flowing out of its base on one side
Sep 15, 2023 4:58 pm
Nash stands and rejoins the group as Stryker returns. "Huh... well, the crystals may be valuable. Or at least useful. Maybe we should collect some and see if anyone back home can put them to good use?"
Sep 15, 2023 5:07 pm
"So, off to collect a few more crystals for the collection?" Styrker says looking around "Nuada what do you think, is that light something we should be worried about"
Sep 15, 2023 6:36 pm
Really. I think mining is for grunts. Tower Elves use us as cheap labor. We have no idea if we mine diamond or coal. What I think does not matter though.
What matter is what I do. I watch your backs while your work, if lucky I will get the work I prefer

Nuada swings his sword and grins. He then summons his Owl familiar from the pocket dimension instruct it to fly some 100 feet behind them and inform of any suspicious movement behind them.

Lead the way
Sep 15, 2023 7:07 pm
"Elves do have delicate hands...much like a woman," Says Stryker "Ok then lets go check out those crystals!"
Sep 15, 2023 9:53 pm
The owl silently lifts itself up into the gloom overhead as you set out ot the crystal outcropping. After a several minutes you begin to see the large glassy mass that covers a section of rock including most of the glowing crystals. The blue glow from the crystals is oddly distorted and dimmed by the mass.
Sep 15, 2023 11:05 pm
Doing grunt work is what turns random groups of fighters into legions. It’s good for the soul. Jax says as he follows.
Sep 15, 2023 11:07 pm
Aye, what the kitty says. Nothing wrong with a little mining. Plus, if these crystals have use, we could probably sell them back at camp to Fitznik.
Sep 16, 2023 4:25 pm
As you seek out any large crystalin growths to mine you begin noticing that the rocky surfaces you pass are oddly polished with pits and cavities spread across them. Some of the holes are fist size, but other range in size of a head, or body, with the occasional pitch black bottomless pit or tunnel leading down that tend to be 10 to 20 feet across. Continuing towards the brighter glow you soon near the glossy surface of the large mass. now that you are close it resembles a large bubble sitting on the landscape and covering most of the glowing crystals.
Sep 16, 2023 6:19 pm
Not quite sure what to think of it, Stryker keeps his distance but throws a rock or 2 at it.
Sep 17, 2023 12:52 am
The rocks bounce off with a clatter. There are some other crystals about not covered in whatever it is.
Sep 18, 2023 1:18 pm
OOC:
Give me a Perception or other aplicable skill or ability check with an exllanation along with a description of your planned actions. i assume you are just looking for a goos sized chunk of exposed crystal and digging it up?
Sep 18, 2023 1:39 pm
After being attacked by "Stalactites" everything in the place keeps Stryker on edge. He approaches the dome and gives it an exploratory tap. Assuming it does give a tap back he begins looking around for crystals, never turning his back to the odd formation.

Not doing anyting unusual just looking for decent looking crystals.
Last edited September 18, 2023 1:40 pm

Rolls

Stryker: Perception - (1d20+6)

(19) + 6 = 25

Sep 18, 2023 1:42 pm
At the tap the glassy surface explodes into motion as a piece of it extends to return the favor, stretching out to 'tap' stryker in turn.

Rolls

psuedopod - Stryker AC 16 - (1d20+9)

(14) + 9 = 23

psuedopod - Damage - (Bludgeoning:3d8+7, Acid:2d6)

Bludgeoning:3d8+7 : (414) + 7 = 16

Acid:2d6 : (63) = 9

psuedopod - Damage - (Bludgeoning:3d8+7, Acid:2d6)

Bludgeoning:3d8+7 : (177) + 7 = 22

Acid:2d6 : (52) = 7

Sep 18, 2023 1:45 pm
Nash hangs back a bit, rubbing the back of his neck and watching Stryker knock on the dome formation while he wracks his brain on if he's seen anything similar in his travels. Afterwards, he'll shrug and start looking for a good crystal deposit to mine.

Rolls

Perception (WIS) - (1d20+7)

(10) + 7 = 17

Nature (INT) - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Secret Roll

Sep 18, 2023 1:58 pm
The crystalline ooze's tap slams Stryker in the chest burning through his shirt and the acidic touch eats his skin as well
OOC:
rolls in earlier post
Round:1
PC HP% PC HP%
Str 20 Nash 70
Jax 70 Klim 80
Nua 100
NPC AC HP 1 HP 2 HP 3 HP 4
Crystalin ooze 9 4/4
[ +- ] Status Tracker
Roll Initiative
You can act in round 1 if you roll over a 9
Sep 18, 2023 2:10 pm
Letting his cold fury wash over him at seeing his companion struck so hard, Nash dives into action.
OOC:
Y'all know the drill... Bonus Action to Rage, reckless attack for advantage, attack with psychic knife.

Rolls

Attack (Psychic Blade, Reckless) - (2d20H1+7)

(816) + 7 = 23

Damage (Psychic) - (3d6+6)

(211) + 6 = 10

Nash Reyrona: Initiative: - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Sep 18, 2023 2:20 pm
The searing pain of the acid melting flesh forces a reflexive gasp of pain from the otherwise silent monk. Retreating backwards to a safe distance he reaches down for a clump of earth. Taking up a handful he rubs it into wound along with some salve hoping to cleanse it of the acid and relieve some of the pain.

Stryker heals back 15 HPS
Last edited September 18, 2023 2:20 pm

Rolls

Healing - (1d6+11)

(4) + 11 = 15

Stryker: Initiative - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Sep 18, 2023 5:28 pm
OOC:
initiative

Rolls

Nuada: Initiative - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Sep 18, 2023 9:06 pm
Jax unsheathes his sword and moves to attack the crystal ooze.
Last edited September 18, 2023 9:07 pm

Rolls

Jax Pridemane: Initiative - (1d20+0)

(6) = 6

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.