Ch. Z : The infinite Tower

load previous
Sep 21, 2023 6:47 pm
I would be satisfied if you could upgrade my shield. Or provide a superior one if you have it.
Sep 21, 2023 6:49 pm
Ya got a broom of flying to replace my old one? Or maybe something to give me a little more defense. Since I’m not one for armor, it’s hard to come by.
Sep 22, 2023 7:39 pm
Stryker's upgrade options
[ +- ] Obsidian Helm of the Shadow Beast(Stryker)
Nash's upgrade options
[ +- ] Feral Breastplate (Nash)
[ +- ] Jax Options
[ +- ] Klim's Options
Sep 22, 2023 8:08 pm
Looks good, Stryker will take Alter Self 1/day! Thanks!
Sep 23, 2023 7:12 am
Dear Dasyra. By they are very powerful you mean more powerful than usual creatures in the plane we were, right? If you were indeed afraid of that - how it comes you are only now sharing? If we knew we had opportunity to hide from the creature. If there is any payment or retribution required for you to share the knowledge you possess about the creatures we may face in that "another collection mission"...

Dasyra Valdi

Psybermagi

Sep 23, 2023 2:13 pm
Dasyra Valdi
I did mention that powerful creatures might be able to sense the portal. I thought it common knowledge that the beings of the Immortal Realms, or outer planes as some call them, are inherently more powerful than those of the Mortal Realms. As a mage I thought you at least would have some knowledge of these things. If you are lacking then I am sure I can take some time to fill in the gaps in your education.
As for the Liosalfar, they are not native to the elemental plane of Earth but live in the plane of light. They are among the stronger elemental beings though you all together may be able to defeat one on your own with your current power. Their Incarnation that leads them was not antagonistic to the People before the war but at some time during it all the Liosalfar began challenging tower agents on sight and occasionally hunted down portals. We assumed they could somehow track or detect Tower Tokens. Likely you were not attacked due to it not bothering. However they are quite comunal and I am sure it will have passed the knowledge it gained to its peers. That being said, there are a great many Realms and it is unlikely that you will encounter another Liosalfar should you choose to help us gather additional resources.
Sep 23, 2023 2:21 pm
Jax takes the Scarab Shield and affixes it to his wrist. As he practices drawing it for battle he speaks up. Is there a chance that their grudge against you has subsided? If I encountered an enemy, "not bothering" to kill them wouldn’t be an option.
Last edited September 23, 2023 2:42 pm
Sep 23, 2023 2:30 pm
Klim takes the Bracers of Defense and puts them on with gusto. And what other resources do you need? If we cross planes again, more likely we run into them again. Or another.
Sep 23, 2023 3:10 pm
Dasyra Valdi
The fact that they didn't attack you but did peek through the portal as you passed indicates they still have an interest in the Tower. However as we do not know why the became antagonistic to the Tower itself I can not say if the Liosalfar will continue being a problem and he shrugs.

Siveril Miarona
The Tower never set about to intentionally antagonize anyone. However a conflict of interest has often lead to violence. We leave how you handle yourselves to your judgement. We do request though that you not claim to represent or act on behalf of the tower except in the matters we comission you for.
As for further materials, the list is long. We have manages a limited trade agreement with the expedition representatives for some of the more mundane requirements. We are not ready at this time for another foray to other realms but will look into it and let you know when we have found suitable resources.
Sep 24, 2023 8:11 am
Nuada will just make the final statement by expressing his attitude to The Tower and be ready to depart
[ +- ] Nuadas rethorical question and attitude
Sep 24, 2023 4:52 pm
Stryker has a couple of things he would like to attend to before he is mission ready. The last few battles have put him on the defensive while his team has taken a beating. With such a small team its important that he can pull his weight when offensive force is needed.

Addressing the tower caretakers,

"It’s been quite an experience supporting the tower. I have a feeling however that these missions are just the tip of the iceberg and what is to come will be far more challenging. I would like to ask for some time in the in the training simulacrum so that I may better prepare myself. As a healer, swordplay was not part of my normal training, but here I find that I must become more versatile. If the caretakers would permit, I would like to train with the sword (longsword)."

Back at the Fort Stryker replenishes resupplies, makes his purchases of magic items and makes a stop at the blacksmith.

Handing the blacksmith a chunk of Quadanium he begins,

"I have come across a small amount of Quadanium ore and would like to commission a special job. I would like to get the ore smelted and then incorporated into a heavy duty leather messenger bag."

"The main inner compartment should be armored with the Quadanium, and well-padded for discretion. I’m not overly fond of clinking and clanking. The whole point of the bag is to keep the contents safe without making it look like or weigh as much as a vault. Since we live in a swamp, waterproofing would be nice. Maybe make it out an alligator? What say you, is this something you can do?"
OOC:
Stryker intends to keep his bag of holding inside of an otherwise normal bag but well protected. The Quadanium special properties should provide some extra armoring, light weight and energy protection should it ever be exposed to such.
Sep 25, 2023 11:44 am
The Tower Wardens thank you again for your service. The inform Stryker that basic swordsmanship can be arranged easily enbough but it will of course require him to visit the tower regularly.

You all head back to the base for some good food and rest.
OOC:
Story Moved to CH 5

You do not have permission to post in this thread.