Heist the Colours (OOC)

load previous
Jun 4, 2023 6:16 am
No worries at all, I agree. Hope you have plenty of good games that hit you on your level. :)
Jun 4, 2023 10:13 am
Sorry to hear you're stepping down. Wish you and your family all the best.
Thank you for the game!
Jun 4, 2023 12:40 pm
Thanks for joining us, WhtKnt. Maybe we'll meet again in a different game :)
Jun 5, 2023 6:44 pm
Thanks for playing together WhtKnt! Take care about yourself in and out of games! Rooting for your wife well being also! See you around!
Jun 5, 2023 7:10 pm
Getting back to the game(I hope we still are playing it?)...

Ok, no problem with whatever approach to initiative you will provide us - GM! :)
TheGenerator says:

vagueGM says:
and have Ronny use Raf as the blocker
@Pedrop, how about I say through comms that he's going for <something>street. And you cut him off?
I'm all ok with this. Will try to RP this in the moment... :)
About big OCC discussions: I also wouldn't mind if in some cases vagueGM would just make a decision. In real life I have multiple instances where real life "don't understand my intentions" ;-D, so it wouldn't be a problem if fictional world wouldn't understand them also... :) What I mean: that it's even more interesting for me if "world" will react in different way then I intended, so... we don't need to discuss Raf's actions, so... they would proceed exactly as I meant them! :)

It's nothing wrong - for me - with the way how you handled our game so far Vague. But in the same time - I was in games here on GP, that had OCC thread almost silent... And it was completely fine with me. So, if you also don't feel the need to discuss so many things::
vagueGM says:

Yeah, there has been a lot more table talk (OOC) than even I (who have been accused of being too collaborative) think is ideal. I am always hopeful that will settle out as we play and learn how we do things.
I just wanted to say, that I don't feel it either...:)
Jun 8, 2023 1:46 pm
Hehe, where I'm from, water is not free. It should be though, as it is in many European countries.
Jun 8, 2023 1:49 pm
This water comes from the tap, but I know places where even that costs. :)
Jun 9, 2023 11:27 am
Your 'good cop, bad cop' routine clearly needs some rolls.
I think Raf's bluff is probably Persuade. Deception mentions lying, but seems like a worse fit here (and a worse stat), this is more about convincing him than about lying to him, wouldn't you say? It also fits the examples of Persuade more than Deception.

I would also take arguments about using Streetwise for this, but would need to see some of that come into play in the fiction. (I could probably suggest ways bring that in.) Other Skills are also available.
Ronny's follow up will benefit from the outcome of Raf's roll. It is also possible that Lio could get into that Task Chain (maybe via 'intimidate'?) but these Chains get fragile if they get too long.

Depending on exactly what you are trying to achieve with this, I think Broker could be the best. Broker would give you an idea of what sort of offers would have good chances of working on Jacques, if this is clear enough then you might be able to guarantee yourself a success, with maybe an optional Persuade to finesse the precise terms.

If you know what you plan to offer him, then you can jump straight to Persuade (Broker takes time, but not necessarily 'hours') to get him to accept your terms, that could extend this scene a bit as you haggle back and forth.
Probably all the above with INT?
Jun 9, 2023 12:03 pm
vagueGM says:

I think Raf's bluff is probably Persuade. Deception mentions lying, but seems like a worse fit here (and a worse stat), this is more about convincing him than about lying to him, wouldn't you say? It also fits the examples of Persuade more than Deception.
Probably all the above with INT?
Yes, I also feel INT is ok for all above.

Yes, I also feel that Persuade is good fit here(even though it has worse value then Streetwise for Raf... :) ), as Raf is not trying to lie. He just try to "colour" the situation with more saturated palette:) Get to his emotions and remind what all of this should/could mean for him... if he will still have the device on him. So adding the roll to my post - right now, few seconds before posting this.

Any +mods we should maybe add as... we really have saved him from dire situation, shouldn't he understand it by now? And Raf is using this on him:)

Streetwise would feel more proper for if Raf would know the guy, who is his boss and other people that has influence on him. But it is Ronny contact, so maybe he will be able to use Streetwise on GJ at some moment in future?
Jun 9, 2023 12:04 pm
wow... apparently dice think those were strong arguments in this situation?? ;)
Last edited June 9, 2023 12:05 pm
Jun 9, 2023 12:23 pm
Pedrop says:
... Any +mods we should maybe add ...
the rulebook says:
Dice Modifiers: In general, these should be regarded as being ‘hard-wired' into the rules and only applied if they are listed in a Traveller rulebook or supplement.
Such 'mods' are done with Boon and Bane Dice. I don't think a Boon would apply, or it would be canceled out by a competing Bane. He does not know that you are 'good guys', he still maybe thinks you made it worse by bringing guns into the situation.

This sort of thing can influence the Difficulty, but I take that into account with adjusting how he will react based on the Effect Level of the outcome. In this case it is a Task Chain with Ronny, so you add +2 to his roll, the Effect of which will be evaluated into the reaction.
Jun 9, 2023 12:32 pm
Ok, thanks for explanation. I'm completely fine with those! :)
Jun 9, 2023 1:05 pm
I think I'll go for the broker option. That's what we came here for in the first place. It may take a little time, but with Pedrop's roll it looks like we've got a strong position.
Jun 9, 2023 1:15 pm
Agreed. Broker means you are more likely to get what you actually want out of the deal. A small deal like this will only take 1d x 10 Minutes --so an hour at most-- and I don't think we need to roll that, the fiction will take care of the duration.

Roll it and remember to add the +2 from Raf's help.
Jun 11, 2023 1:02 pm
I'll wait for Airshark and Pedrop to add their actions before ending the scene.
Jun 21, 2023 12:33 am
about the cops: are they looking for us? I was thinking of letting Lio just walk out the front door in plain sight. Of course there is the possibility of someone witnessing the shooting.
Jun 21, 2023 12:47 am
Airshark says:
... about the cops: are they looking for us? ...
You can't know for sure. So far as you know they are looking for a noisy vehicle.
Airshark says:
... Of course there is the possibility of someone witnessing the shooting ...
Yep. That is a risk. Even if the cops have not been told yet, there is a small chance of someone running up to a cop and pointing to you and saying something (which you might assume is: 'that's them there!'). The park was visible from the surrounding buildings, but it has been a while so surely that would have happened already?
Airshark says:
... I was thinking of letting Lio just walk out the front door in plain sight. ...
The casual walk can work really well to avoid attention. Having Raf with you might not be as good as 'a single guy walking down the street', but 'a single guy walking down the street, casually playing on his phone' may be sufficiently 'not suspicious' to work twice. Having backup nearby would be good if people other than the cops come looking for you, of course.
Jun 21, 2023 2:49 am
Do we want to do anything else on this planet, or shall we skip to the spaceport and get off this world?
Jun 21, 2023 2:50 am
I'm ok with skipping
Jun 21, 2023 2:53 am
Then Lio's detour and careful actions are probably enough, we don't need to roll and possibly introduce complications and slow things down again if everyone wants to get off this planet.

Let's see tomorrow what everyone else says.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.