Hello to all, from yours truly.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 28, 2023 8:55 pm
My name is Daniel, and I'm a GM and RPG fanatic from New York. I'm 38 years old, and I work in both healthcare and IT.

I'm looking to break into the PbP world as both a player and GM. I'm very passionate about TTRPGs, especially of the OSR variety. Like most of you, I've found it hard to find dedicated people in my area to participate in regular (i.e. weekly) in-person games, and I want to fill my time with as much RPG goodness as I can.

My reasons for being here:

- I want to become a better player, and play more often.
- I want to get better at GMing as quickly as I can, in a way that doesn't feel stressful.

So, I hope PbP is the vehicle to accomplish all of that, and I have it on good authority that GamersPlane is the place to be. I hope to find my place among all of you fine folks.

Thanks for having me! :)
Jan 28, 2023 9:05 pm
Welcome here as well, Doc!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jan 28, 2023 9:17 pm
Welcome DocFleg. What sorts of OSRy goodness catches your eye? Favorite game so far?
Jan 28, 2023 9:53 pm
bowlofspinach: Thank you for all the awesome links! Great to be here. Feeling like I made a good decision coming here.

Qralloq: I played in a random in-person game run by someone who's now my friend. He's an old grognard with a basement full of ancient tomes from the Olden Days of gaming. He was running a system that he cobbled together from Castles and Crusades, some old D&D stuff, and a little bit of 5E. I loved the feeling of it. I later got sucked into DCC because of their kind of tongue-in-cheek 80's metal-head vibe. Really love their magic system, as well. And then I came to the OSR by way of Old School Essentials, Runehammer, and watching Questing Beast religiously on YouTube. So for the past couple of years I've been dabbling in running a game here and there (when I can find people) and collecting modules and systems to see which ones I like. Most recently I've become really enamored with some aspects of Cairn. Can't believe how much good stuff is in such a small book. The creativity and depth of the OSR world is what I think really drew me in. Mothership is another game I'm dying to get more time with.
Jan 28, 2023 10:40 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Jan 28, 2023 11:01 pm
Welcome to GP, DocFleg!
Jan 29, 2023 12:01 am
@DocFleg Oh yeah Cairn, that's a really eye-catching game that's on my list, but haven't yet played. Good call.
Jan 29, 2023 1:32 am
Welcome to GP!
Jan 29, 2023 3:49 am
Welcome to the fold!
Jan 29, 2023 6:07 am
DocFleg, glad you made it! Welcome to GP, hope you dig the community.

Played Cairn tonight! Sweet little game, and there are lots of OSR and NSR folks haunting these parts...

Len

Jan 29, 2023 7:13 am
Welcome DocFleg! Great list of games. Hope you have a great time here!
Jan 29, 2023 5:42 pm
Thank you, everyone! All of your greetings are really appreciated. :D
Jan 29, 2023 6:57 pm
Welcome! Enjoy your stay
Jan 30, 2023 11:39 am
welcome aboard :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.