OOC

load previous
Feb 13, 2023 4:15 pm
dominion451 says:
And frankly that barbarian class is waaaaaay overpowered, I'd play that over a fighter any day. It has woefully misworded powers and none of the limitations that usually go with barbarian except a bad magic save!
It's actually just the wording that is awful. And the fact that I didn't include some of the charts. They can't wear armor. The movement speed isn't exponential, as the chart shows it increasing by one each level (much like the AC). They also can't use magic items outside of weapons and shields, including potions. Basically, they have none of the early survivability. They also have ability score requirements, and three prime requisites instead of one. They level faster and are much easier to kill at early levels. Follow-through is similar to Multiple Attacks, though it requires no specific HD but does require that you kill a monster to continue. Personally, I think it all balances out.
Feb 13, 2023 4:18 pm
Ahhh, I see now. Yeah without listing the armor restriction it looks too good to be true. And the wording on the movement increase is bonkers without the table to clarify. Add in cleave and regeneration and it's quite the kit.
Feb 13, 2023 4:25 pm
It says the same thing about AC, "a barbarian's armor class improves by itself." I think they meant that it improves on its own, not that it is increased by its current bonus. Poor wording for sure. But nobody selected the barbarian (yet, we still have kwll to select a class), so I have time to clarify the wording.
For those who have not seen the poll about making the game public, don't forget to vote.
Feb 13, 2023 7:23 pm
That's four characters! Two warriors, a spellcaster, and a bard. Valdus has expressed interest in a cleric, and we're waiting on kwll.

Kara Stendahl, Half-Elf Fighter, currently unknown relation to the Jarl
Oren the Lyre, Half-Elf Bard, thrall to the Jarl
Runar Stensson, Human Illusionist, skald in the Jarl's house
Yäns Leafshadow, Human Ranger, married to the Jarl's family
Feb 13, 2023 8:14 pm
"Correction, the Jarl's FAVORITE thrall! My lord says he always fights better when I bear his standard and play him the drudge."
Feb 15, 2023 4:55 am
cowleyc sent a note to kwll,Valdus
Feb 15, 2023 3:27 pm
@kwll A bit crunchy and posting rate accelerated for me, tragically. I think I should bow out while your still getting things going.

My apologies. Life and babysitting always gets in the way of RP.
Feb 15, 2023 3:50 pm
@Valdus, no worries! Best to get on the same page early! Hope to see you around the forums!
Feb 15, 2023 5:03 pm
Hi everyone my name is Sarah, glad to have a place in this pbp. Im fairly new to all this so I'm just working on getting everything set up and learning how gamersplane works for now :)
Feb 15, 2023 5:27 pm
Welcome Sarah. I was a noob in the beginning of the lockdown. It was all so exciting and overwhelming, but once a day post expectations was perfect. It gave me time to learn before mucking it up. I spent some time reading other public campaigns and learned what was possible if not exactly how to do everything. I’m still a bit green with coding.
Anyway, just wanted you to know that you are welcome here.
Feb 15, 2023 5:35 pm
Welcome! It sounds like you've been involved in another play-by-text format, so you likely already have the general gist of how this all works. The finicky stuff- character sheets, rolls, what-have-you- all gets easier as you go along. Don't worry about making mistakes, we've all been there!

With Sentropy playing Signy Stone-Eye, that leaves us waiting on one person (who will hopefully show up soon, having been pinged). If not, I might re-open recruiting but also push us into the first adventure! Nobody has turned down the public option yet, so I'll also unlock it for the rest of the site to view at that point as well.
Feb 15, 2023 6:15 pm
Hi Sarah! Welcome to the greatest PbP site in all the internet! Everyone is super helpful so ask anything of anyone and you'll get what you need!
Feb 15, 2023 6:17 pm
Hi! I've never played this system either ;)
Feb 15, 2023 6:17 pm
Everyone has been really helpful so far, I appreciate the kind words! yep I've been a part of a couple long-term d&d 5e campaigns and then some pbp's as well, they were both low on combat so Ill probably need a bit of guidance there. Im a massive rp nerd though, i cant wait to get stuck into the lore!
Feb 15, 2023 6:18 pm
Adrasthea says:
Hi! I've never played this system either ;)
noobs together, lets gooo!
Feb 16, 2023 6:19 pm
First game post is now available! Let's go pick some flowers together!
Feb 16, 2023 9:38 pm
Damn I love Kara already, she's such a badass!
Feb 17, 2023 2:41 pm
All right gang, I'll be heading out for a backpacking trip today into tomorrow, and will then be skiing the following day... totally exhausted. I'll try to find time to post where I can, but it might be a quiet weekend. There's always the Meadhall to hang around in.
Feb 17, 2023 5:34 pm
Happy trails my man, safe travels!
Feb 17, 2023 7:15 pm
No worries, enjoy the trip!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.