New to PbP

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 18, 2023 11:30 pm
Hi all,
I recently discovered play by post gaming and it got my mind spinning. I have a few friends, all of whom love ttrpgs but we all have very different lives and trying to sit down regularly (or irregularly) is just not possible. I'd like to start a game for them using Troika! from Melsonian Arts Council but I would like to get a feel for PbP before I do. Are there any short beginner friendly games starting up where i could vibe check PbP before bringing it to them?

Thanks, I am very excited to become a part of this community. Oh! And a big shout out to Harrigan! I watched the How 2 RPG episode with him in it and it got me really excited about gaming this way.

Marmy
May 19, 2023 12:07 am
Welcome aboard, Marmy!

I've only been here for a couple of months, but I have to say that there's a good bunch of people here. It's rekindled my interest in gaming.

There are plenty of new beginner friendly games starting up all the time—I'm in two myself. Check out the Games Tavern. Several new games of various systems and experience are started there every week.
May 19, 2023 12:12 am
Welcome to GP, Marmy49!
May 19, 2023 12:19 am
Welcome to GP!
May 19, 2023 12:35 am
Welcome Marmy49! I for you find some great games to try.
May 19, 2023 12:36 am
Welcome!
May 19, 2023 1:26 am
Welcome Aboard!
May 19, 2023 1:55 am
Hey Marmy49, welcome to the GP community! Glad I didn't scare you off, and good luck finding a game to join!
May 19, 2023 2:03 am
Welcome to GP Marmy49! As others have said, beginner friendly games pop up fairly frequently. One in particular you might be interested in is Psybermagi's Tiny Shattered Lands, which I believe has a standing open invitation for new members. Psybermagi usually turns up with the full pitch, so hopefully you can check whether that will work before too long here. Either way, good luck with PbP and I hope you find it suitable!
May 19, 2023 3:13 am
Hi :)
OOC:
Here's the wind up . . .
Welcome to gamersplane.com!
[ +- ] Tiny Invitation
OOC:
And there goes the pitch!
Yet another reason I am not in sales.
Ah man, Riven stole my thunder :( :P :)
Last edited May 19, 2023 3:14 am
May 19, 2023 3:21 am
Welcome, Marmy!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
May 19, 2023 2:16 pm
Thanks for the welcome and tips everyone :) I'd love to hop into a game once you have space Psybermagi. I've applied to Tiny Shattered Lands.

Len

May 19, 2023 2:41 pm
Welcome!
May 19, 2023 3:50 pm
Welcome
May 19, 2023 4:13 pm
Welcome to the fold!
May 20, 2023 6:19 am
Welcome!!
May 20, 2023 4:25 pm
Welcome! I run a Call of Cthulhu newbie game every couple of months, keep an eye on the tavern
May 20, 2023 11:22 pm
Welcome to GP!
May 23, 2023 8:23 am
Welcome :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.