Heist the Colours 2: Now in Space (OOC)

Jun 26, 2023 10:33 pm
Out of character chatter about Heist the Colours 2: Now in Space can go here to avoid cluttering up the Roleplay thread.
OOC:
Use the OOC tag in your posts in the Roleplay thread to clarify what is happening or suggest actions/rolls.
This is for longer questions and answers related to that Roleplay, general rules questions not answered in the Help! thread can go in General Chat.

Add a link back to the post in question so we can have context. After posting you can right-click on the orange header and select 'copy link address' (or whatever your browser calls it), then paste that in your OOC post.
Jun 26, 2023 10:38 pm
With Cat gone, does anyone else want to swap out a Skill and say they are the one to have learned Astrogation? Best if it is someone with decent EDU, since that is what it uses per the book.

Else we can say you had Abby learn that, or learn how to make the computer do it.
Jun 26, 2023 10:38 pm
Sorry for the delay.
Jun 28, 2023 6:08 am
I guess I qualify for the job.

Any thoughts on which skill I should get rid of?
Jun 28, 2023 6:47 am
Airshark says:
I guess I qualify for the job. ...
But only if you want to. We can have Abby take care of that if no PC does, but it does seem like a fairly integral skill that will come up often and lead to adventure, I prefer for players to be rolling such things rather than NPCs being responsible for putting you off-course and into the action. But, again, only take it if you think it would be fun.

Leo does make sense with his higher EDU, which it uses, and, under the previous assumption, it was a skill that was learned recently just for this trip, and 'learning' things is a function of EDU (or INT, I suppose). If you do take, did you know it from before, or were the one who drew the short-straw and was forced by the group to learn to do it so they could get away?
Airshark says:
... Any thoughts on which skill I should get rid of?
If you do take it, it was a Package Skill, so it should replace one of your skills you picked up from that Package. I believe you picked up Survival and Tactics? If that really does not suit you, we can talk about replacing something else instead.
Jun 29, 2023 7:39 am
Ok I'll ditch tactics.
It would make sense that Lio learned astrogation in de military, but I'll have to look it up to know exactly what it is/does.
Jun 29, 2023 7:41 am
Airshark says:
... It would make sense that Lio learned astrogation in de military, but I'll have to look it up to know exactly what it is/does.
Navigation in space and (mainly) plotting Jumps.
Jun 29, 2023 1:56 pm
vagueGM says:
Airshark says:
... It would make sense that Lio learned astrogation in de military, but I'll have to look it up to know exactly what it is/does.
Navigation in space and (mainly) plotting Jumps.
sounds like a course one gets in military training. Is that good enough?
Jun 29, 2023 2:17 pm
Airshark says:
... sounds like a course one gets in military training. Is that good enough?
Absolutely. You only have it at Level 1, so it might just be a theoretical understanding you have from that class a while ago. Level 1 is still pretty good, and many people who have been doing it all their life would still be Level 1, so you can say you have as much actual experience as you want.
Jul 2, 2023 7:36 pm
Quick question.
I rolled recon as 2d6+1. But I don't have that skill.
Shouldn't it be 2d6+1 -3 ?
Jul 2, 2023 7:38 pm
Also I think I never deducted the meds from my wealth. Will try to look it up.
Jul 2, 2023 7:41 pm
Airshark says:
Is Abby paying for the meds too? Then it's 9600/5 =1920 else 9600/4=2400
Jul 3, 2023 6:53 am
Airshark says:
I rolled recon as 2d6+1. But I don't have that skill.
Shouldn't it be 2d6+1 -3 ?
That is correct. If you don't have the Skill you roll at -3. That is why having 0 on a Skill is still very good and useful.

I am not sure where you rolled this, but I assume it is past, we can ignore the mistake (if it would have made a difference) and get it right next time.
Jul 3, 2023 6:55 am
Airshark says:
Airshark says:
Is Abby paying for the meds too? Then it's 9600/5 =1920 else 9600/4=2400
Yes, she will have chipped in her share. So far she used her own meds, but they might not work in extreme situations, presumably yours are better.
Jul 3, 2023 6:58 am
Airshark says:
Airshark says:
... Then it's 9600/5 =1920 ...
5? Are you including Bob? Remember that you have lost Cat, though maybe you never had a Cat?

The 'plan' is not to take Bob with you, so you probably did not plan for meds for him. If you end up taking him that will be a problem you need to deal with. Bob did not contribute for meds, he expects to be paid.
Jul 3, 2023 7:16 am
This was just a copy of what a wrote a couple of months? ago.
Then we were still 5. So probably everybody payed the 1920.
We can adjust the price for 4 people of course. 2400
Jul 3, 2023 7:18 am
Though, you were buying meds for 5, now you are only buying for 4? So the 1920 is still correct, but you take fewer?
Jul 3, 2023 7:44 am
I'm fine with both options.
Jul 3, 2023 2:12 pm
Makes sense that we'd take less in that case. I've removed 1920 of my credits.
Jul 3, 2023 2:29 pm
I did not take an amount of meds that is dividable by 5. So I'm going to have to recalculate the costs.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.