OOC Conversation

load previous
Jun 6, 2024 5:27 pm
Thx for captaining the ship, Brainiac! We have come a long way since Hole In The Sky!

Rolls

HP - (1d8)

(7) = 7

Jun 7, 2024 12:51 am
Yay! We lived!
Jun 7, 2024 1:21 am
Huzah! We are victorious!

Thank you, @Dmbraniac.

With this nice stopping point, I think I'm going to bow out of this game. I've decided I want to run something of my own, and I need to clear my plate a little. Has been good fun though. Thanks, all!
Jun 7, 2024 4:11 am
Thanks indeed Braniac! Sad to see you go timplausible! I'm definitely in for more if there's more to be had...
Jun 7, 2024 7:55 am
Take care, @timplausible

I am good with continuing if the rest of you are up for it. I've had somebody express interest in joining a few weeks ago, I'll message them to see if they still want to come in.
Jun 7, 2024 8:53 am
Hello, it me, I'm somebody. Been reading the campaign from the start a while back, so I'm up to speed and very happy to be joining you all. Will be making my character asap.

ETA starting 0 level rolls. Clearly gonna go with the bottom option.
https://i.imgur.com/2VDwj3D.png
Last edited June 7, 2024 9:27 am
Jun 7, 2024 3:18 pm
Dark Raider! Great to have you aboard!
Jun 7, 2024 3:59 pm
I'm good with continuing. Might need the weekend to upgrade Tim to 3rd level.

Welcome aboard, Dark Raider!
Jun 7, 2024 9:54 pm
Welcome to the crew, Dark Raider!

Sister Honey is leveled up but I need to roll for her new spell. I’ll be ready when Brainiac is
Jun 7, 2024 10:28 pm
Good luck, all! It's been a blast.
Jun 7, 2024 11:38 pm
So, Braniac, is there any way for Hyde to recover those lost HP (priest, quest, etc) or are they just gone forever? I'm sure I know the answer but it never hurts to ask...
Jun 8, 2024 5:00 am
Hello everyone, thanks for the warm welcome.

While we're on the subject of asking questions, planning what rolls I need to make, is Mercurial Magic not a thing here? I don't seem to recall any wizard spells having such effects thus far in this game, unless all the spells cast had landed on the 'spell manifests normally' side of the table. By the way, I'm setting up an elf character, although the rulebook says (pg. 110) "When a wizard learns a new spell, they roll on table 5-2 to determine how that spell manifests in their hands" I'm assuming this also applies to elves. Going to distinctly roll for the 1st level spells too, in order to determine which gets this bonus, even if the Luck modifier is zero: "At first level, an elf may choose to apply their Luck modifier to spell checks on one spell of their choosing"
Jun 8, 2024 12:40 pm
There may be a way to recover the HP. I'll look into it later.

Elves are affected by mercurial magic in the same manner as with wizards. I seem to recall our first wizard had some mercurial effects before he was killed.
Jun 8, 2024 3:24 pm
If Hyde gives his soul to the Lady in Blue, I could invoke her for such a request
Jun 8, 2024 5:59 pm
Hyde already said the bloody words, didn't 'ee witch! What more do ya bloody well want of 'im??
Jun 8, 2024 7:09 pm
Great cause I love mercurial magic, just wanted to double check. Also, upon closer inspection, I'll probably re-level my character as a wizard instead of elf. He doesn't have the physical attributes for close combat and that +2 from Intelligence would be wasted since elves don't add it to spellcasting checks.
Jun 8, 2024 8:23 pm
dominion451 says:
Hyde already said the bloody words, didn't 'ee witch! What more do ya bloody well want of 'im??
If Brainiac allows it, let’s RP it in the game chat. I’m thinking a whole invoke patron blood rite. lol
Jun 8, 2024 8:57 pm
Go for it!
Jun 10, 2024 4:04 am
Dmbrainiac says:
Go for it!
She went for it. Awaiting your ruling🤷🏻‍♂️
Jun 10, 2024 10:41 am
Assumptions:
- Mercurial Magic applies to all known spells when they're determined, both starting spells and those learned levelling. Thus, I'm rolling for a chance with every spell added to the spellbook.
- Bonus known spells for high Intelligence are determined at Level 1. That is to say, I'm not remembering my +2 known spells at the end of the process as a level 3 character, because that would allow me to roll for two 2nd level spells instead of 1st level spells.

Alright, wizard rolls, go!

Edit:
- One of the spells is Find Familiar. Should I assume the character has cast it before and shows up with a familiar already (and thus roll for what it is)? I'm fine if not and it has to be cast within the game.
- Same question for Patron Bond, which was also rolled as a known spell. Furthermore, if such a bond has already been made (which is probably how the character received magic power) even if the details aren't determined now, I'm guessing that would come with the goods (bonus spells) and bads (patron corruption) of that patron?

Also, I love Mercurial Magic in general, but it's even better how it's paired with spells. Mending, but every time you cast it, someone you know, dies. Lol, ok dice gods.
Last edited June 10, 2024 11:02 am

Rolls

Hit points - (3d4)

(444) = 12

Four Level 1 starting spells (plus Mercurial Magic) - (4d27, 4d100)

4d27 : (20111218) = 61

4d100 : (4429221) = 96

Two bonus spells for high Intelligence score (plus Mercurial Magic) - (2d27, 2d100)

2d27 : (2519) = 44

2d100 : (9665) = 161

Level 2 spell (plus Mercurial Magic) - (1d27, 1d100)

1d27 : (5) = 5

1d100 : (47) = 47

Level 3 spell (plus Mercurial Magic) - (1d24, d100)

1d24 : (20) = 20

d100 : (94) = 94

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.