Chapter 1: The One Who Watches From Below

load previous
Oct 7, 2023 1:41 am
Hyde hacks at the trog that stabbed him with the aim of hobbling the creature by slicing his Achilles...

But instead it is he who is hobbled! Hyde overextends with his swing and the momentum drops the warrior on his ass!
OOC:
prone for one round
Last edited October 7, 2023 1:43 am

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+3, 1d3)

1d20+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

1d3 : (3) = 3

Damage - (1d8+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Fumble - (1d12-2)

(7) - 2 = 5

Oct 7, 2023 3:12 am
I've about had it with these....she searches for a word eyeball ODDBALLS!
Last edited October 7, 2023 3:12 am
Oct 7, 2023 3:35 am
Sister Honey approaches Kip and offers a meager smile in response to her quip.
"Dear dwarf, you fight well and have allied with me in this dank place. Are you ready to take the next step and swear fealty to the Lady in Blue? I shall heal your every wound and you will be invited to the consecration of her temple once erected."
Oct 7, 2023 4:24 am
With a determined stride, Brother Tim approaches Kip, intentionally ignoring Sister Honey’s presence.

"I appreciate your thoughtful nature, Kip," Brother Tim begins in a friendly manner "Your insight about dormant creatures earlier was quite wise. I value thinkers like you. Now, as a thinker, I believe you won't simply pledge yourself due to a simple insignificant consecration ceremony. How about I heal those wounds for you? Then someday soon, when we've left this place, we can sit down over a warm bowl of soup and have a conversation about Ulesh. Do you happen to enjoy soup?"
Oct 7, 2023 10:47 pm
Kip is beyond delighted. She has mostly been ignored, dismissed, or bossed around. Seeing these mystical men vie for her attention is overwhelming. She gets control of her racing thoughts and straightens, Honey, are you not going to mention the debt that I owe you for the healing you did earlier? She turns to Brother TimYour offer is kind Brother Tim. Consider this though. It's good for you and honey to keep meat shields like me healed. The more slashes that I soak up, the longer you can serve your god.
Last edited October 7, 2023 10:51 pm
Oct 7, 2023 11:48 pm
OOC:
How much health do Kip and Hyde currently need healed?
Oct 8, 2023 12:15 am
Dmbrainiac says:
OOC:
3 damage to Hyde, 2 damage to Kip thanks to protection from evil. Everybody may act!
I think this is the only damage to either of them since last I healed Kip.
Oct 8, 2023 12:17 am
"Kip dear, I wish not to manipulate, merely invite you to feel full of purpose. Come fight under the banner of the underdog!"
Sister Honey quickly lays her hands on Kip’s wee wound.
OOC:
Kip may roll 1HD
Last edited October 8, 2023 12:18 am

Rolls

1d20+3 - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

Oct 8, 2023 12:25 am
Brother Tim walks over to Hyde and offers to heal his wounds.
OOC:
I believe Hyde can roll 2HD
[ +- ] Healing Table
Last edited October 8, 2023 12:33 am

Rolls

Lay on Hands - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Oct 8, 2023 12:32 am
Kip smiles and pats Honey on the shoulder in thanks. She addresses the two priests I swear to protect both of you, holy servants. But Brother Tim, I have experienced the terrifying power of the Blue Lady. Before I met Her I didn't care about any divine beings. I'm inspired by the Blue Lady, but she also terrifies me. What does your god demand of their worshipers?

Rolls

Hit die 1d10 - (1d10)

(4) = 4

Oct 8, 2023 12:48 am
"I appreciate your willingness to protect us, Kip. Ulesh, the deity I serve, was once a regretful war god who has since dedicated himself to establishing peace in the world. This quest for peace can take various forms, from using force when necessary to as simple an act as feeding the hungry. The Tenets of Ulesh are stringent, obliging his followers to uphold peace even if it means sacrificing the well-being of those they safeguard."
OOC:
Updated Brother Tim’s description of Ulesh with info Darkstar8 found.
Last edited October 8, 2023 2:11 am
Oct 9, 2023 2:02 pm
Let's continue this conversation after we get out of this strange place. Kip surveys the room and does another underground skill check to verify the stonework.

Rolls

Intelligence 1d20 - 1 - (1d20-1)

(9) - 1 = 8

Oct 9, 2023 2:33 pm
Aldar seems kind of lost in his thoughts for a moment - he's going through the motions and silently mouthing the words to his magic missile spell, trying to retain the knowledge of how he made such a powerful blast.

After a few seconds, he snaps out if it. He starts looking around the room for either items of value or something to explain what had been going in here.
Oct 9, 2023 9:38 pm
"Damn it, Dwarf! I need more converts and I thought I could count on you! Next time you need healed, I guess I’ll tell you to wait."
The chaos cleric shows her true colors, inspired by this strange mix of her failed spells against the powerful success of others’ and topped with this desperation to win back the favor of her Lady in Blue.
As soon as the words leave her lips, she feels their pettiness and, rather than stick around to see the impact, she scampers away from the others.
Oct 10, 2023 3:51 am
Hyde feels better as the knife wound mends and he pats the area where the laceration once was.

"Huh, good as new. Thanks stranger, although this one over here..."

He points his sword at Honey,

"Was supposed to take care of my next three wounds. Not off to a good start priestess, mind you honor your debts or I'll take back that axe!"

Rolls

Heal - (2d10)

(58) = 13

Oct 10, 2023 4:13 am
"Did I refuse to heal you, Sellsword?! No. I did not break my word. Mind you to govern my integrity. My word is bond. Next time you get yourself bloodied, come to my hands instead of … his." Sister Honey shoots a competitive look at Brother Tim.
"Now let us move on."
Oct 10, 2023 8:05 am
There are several smaller rooms attached to the work floor. In one of them, green light glows from a large glass cylinder. Eyeballs floating in viscous liquid seem to stare directly at you. In another, naked halfling mutants are suspended in glass tanks glowing with purple light. And in the third, a bound woman with a bag over her head is curled up on the floor. Removing the bag reveals a red-haired woman, groaning as she begins to regain consciousness.

Dmbrainiac sent a note to umbraldragon
Oct 10, 2023 3:14 pm
Kip scans the room for danger with her weapons at the ready. The Blue Cleric's words echo in her mind, but she thinks "Time enough to address this when there is less danger."
Last edited October 10, 2023 3:27 pm
Oct 10, 2023 3:28 pm
Brother Tim approaches the bound woman and proceeds to work on freeing her from her bindings.
Oct 10, 2023 3:59 pm
Hyde examines the tanks of mutant halflings and then makes his way to the eyeballs.

"This whole place is cursed, we should burn it all once we have taken our fill."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.