Arkmenos / Ealdwig Swiftfoot

Sep 5, 2023 8:34 pm
Welcome @Arkmenos

This thread is for your character creation. Take a look at welcome and character creation.

If you have any questions you can post them here or if you think they are general on the Q&A
Sep 6, 2023 1:22 am
I sent some private messages, but then I figured it may be best here.

I've been looking through things trying to figure out the setting and my character and how they fit. I hope to have something concrete in a day or so.

When you pick weapon proficiency do you get all the weapons associated with it? Do you choose one or multiple? I didn't see it listed in the gear.
Sep 6, 2023 1:40 am
Pick a proficiency
Then pick 1 weapon to start with
I will change that so it is clear.
If you use a weapon you are proficient with for a while then you can master it's use
Sep 6, 2023 2:57 am
Ok great thanks.
Sep 6, 2023 4:20 pm
I was finally able to finish my character.

He is a young Duende (halfling / gnome type) named Ealdwig Swiftfoot. I figure he is a performer and between those performances part-time pick pocket / cut purse. Got to live right.

Growing up in a decent size town, he was "discovered" by a troupe who thought they could use his agility talents in there show. Going no where fast he decided to join the group. He's been looking for something more out of life ever since.
Sep 6, 2023 5:15 pm
There are directions for submitting the character in the creation process. Once you have submitted yoru character I can give some feedback if needed and start your story.

Let me know if you need help with anything
Sep 6, 2023 8:57 pm
Alright, I finally found the "submit character" button. It was under "Game Details". If you can take a look over the character and let me know what you think. I didn't pick a minor magical item just yet. I was having an issue trying to decide. Have a suggestion or two?
Sep 7, 2023 1:58 am
How about Street Performer as a trade to try and wrap it all together?

For a magic items something useful to a performaer could be fun. Here are a couple
+ Magic gloves that let you switch items between your hands with but a thought,
+ Self playing instrument
+ Acrobats pole changes size, from 1 to 10 fet, at will
+ Magic slippers that leave no trace

Once you think you are ready go ahead and post a short intro on Ealdwig Swiftfoot to the Who's Who thread and posted prefered posting rate in the newcomer poll then I will start up your story
Sep 7, 2023 2:43 am
Street performer? Think that fits the background that I was contemplating? I figured he was part of a troupe or group, something like that. I guess the group could be street performers. I was thinking of Ealdwig as an acrobat type. Would the pole be mobile? I can see how it might be useful as an adventurer, but as a performer on the street? Unless you can affix it like an immovable rod, I am not 100% sure how it would work for him. The gloves sound useful for a pickpocket.
Sep 7, 2023 2:50 am
The pole would be mobile yes. Have you ever seen those performerw climb a free standing pole?
The gloves are limited to tiny things he can grasp, so nothing big but good for sleight of hand tricks, and yes pick pocketing.

After your intro you will get the option to pick another trait, or master a weapon, so you could add acrobat then
Sep 7, 2023 3:04 am
For the next trait, if I got one (it was hard to choose just the two), I was thinking sneaky. I figured the agility trait that came with the heritage would kind of be similar to acrobat, no? No trace slippers could be good for sneaky or cloaks that help hide. The pole sounds like it could be fun flavor as well. Options, options, options. Sorry kind of new to this, well the PBP and Tiny Dungeons not RPG in general. Thanks for the patients.

If agility and acrobat are similar enough, I'd go with sneaky. Would agility be good enough to use the pole as a street performer or would acrobat be needed?
Sep 7, 2023 3:08 am
I had a belief, but for some reason it is no longer there. I now need to try and remember it. Took me a while to come up with it. Not sure why it's gone. Oh well.
Sep 7, 2023 3:37 am
Advantage rolls 3d6 instead of the regular 2 unless something imposes disadvantage which always rolls 1d6

Agility : You can Test 1d6 whenever you are successfully hit by an enemy. If your Test is successful, you evade the attack and do not take damage. Declaring Evade as an Action has no additional benefit.
So this is more combat focused

Acrobat: It’s up there? No problem! You gain Advantage when Testing to do acrobatic tricks such as tumbling, long-distance jumps, climbing, and maintaining balance.

Sneaky: Hey, did you hear something? You gain Advantage when Testing to hide or sneak around without others noticing you.
Sep 7, 2023 7:46 pm
Ok I get it a little better now. I wasn't sure of the differences. Thanks.
Sep 7, 2023 7:57 pm
Ok, I think we'll try the magical acrobat's pole. See how we can use that. I assume my little guy here would have a dagger or something for protection, being on the street a lot.
Sep 7, 2023 8:26 pm
LOL, great video. Did you know Walken was trained as a singer and dancer at Julliard, I believe. Heard it in an interview somewhere when they were taking about his role in Anne Hall. Can't believe that is over 20-yrs old.

Ok I guess a dagger would suit Ealdwig well, being that he is a small guy. It'll probably look like a shortsword in his hand.
Sep 7, 2023 8:27 pm
I took the poll, I don't see once a day being an issue, maybe even a few times, if RL is slow. Is it a huge deal if a day is missed here or there?
Sep 7, 2023 9:07 pm
Missing a day isn't a big deal most of the time
I try not to do much to move stories on the weekend but will answer questions and add details
Sep 8, 2023 4:04 am
your story starts here
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.