Hi! I’m new here…

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 8, 2023 2:42 pm
  Hey there! My name is Rena, I’ve been playing PbP RPG for a while now, but I don’t have a lot of practice playing it in English yet. My favorite system is Pathfinder 1e, I’d like to learn more about Delta Green and play it, and I have nothing against various OSR systems like LotFP.

  As for settings, I prefer classical fantasy worlds, steampunk, modern days before cell phones, hard sci-fi (the Expanse, Stargate), or well established RPG settings like Forgotten Realms (though I’d much rather play it before the 1350s DR) and Shadowrun (granted, I’ve only played the video games). Though I love Pathfinder, I don’t like Golarion, so I’m looking for games in other settings if possible.

  I like to explore my characters’ feelings and their past. Because of that I like games with interactive flashbacks and longer, more introspective posts. I like to start games at level 1 with fast progression to whatever level the campaign is designed for. It’s not only because I’m too lazy to count all the extra levels before the game, but also because I want to "be there" as the character grows. You know, watch them making their first steps, speaking their first word, and casting their first fireball kind of thing.

  Oh, and also…

https://media.tenor.com/JgwMmwlG8Q4AAAAC/1for-all-1for-all-dnd.gif
Oct 8, 2023 2:46 pm
Welcome, Rena.Wires!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Oct 8, 2023 11:22 pm
Welcome Rena.Wires! (I love that show btw. I need to watch more of it.)

Hope you find some great games; PBP is perfect for exploring more of that story depth.
Oct 8, 2023 11:38 pm
Hi, I'm Marco. I just love good stories and living outside real life from time to time. Favorite genres are sci-fi and fantasy.
Oct 8, 2023 11:56 pm
Welcome to GP!
Oct 8, 2023 11:57 pm
Rena.Wires says:

Qralloq says:
(I love that show btw)
Which one? "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" or "SE Lain"? ^.~
1For All
Oct 9, 2023 1:05 am
https://i.imgur.com/faAvqGP.png

Hello, and welcome, Lady Rena. I hope you find a board that suits your tastes. Oh, but don't be too rough on your tokens, and please don't touch the furniture without their owner's consent, it's considered really unpolite. Yes, that includes unauthorized fireballs indoors, i'm afraid. Though, you can always try the forest just outside the mansion, just be wary of resetting the board once enough tokens are taken out of the game, as it is the appropriate thing to do for us.

Ehemm... may i invite you to tea and cookies? If i could speak the Red Truth, i would guarantee that they are safe for mortals's consumption. Sadly, There is no red color for letters in this forum.
[ +- ] ...
Last edited October 9, 2023 1:08 am
Oct 9, 2023 1:48 am
Hello Rena. Welcome to the party and/or asylum!
Oct 9, 2023 1:58 am
Qralloq says:
1For All
Oh, right! (so silly of me to think you were referring to the username)
"1 For All" used to be better, I think. And lately their channel been mostly parodying Elden Ring, but hopefully they'll make more Nixie-episodes in the future. Or maybe that seafolk cleric will make a comeback.
Dormodraxagon says:
Hi, I'm Marco.
Hi, Marco!
nezzeraj says:
Welcome to GP!
Yay!
Excidiar says:
Hello, and welcome, Lady Rena.
Oh thank you. I will try not to burn too many things. Then again, when somebody tells chaotic-neutral person to not do something…
Excidiar says:
Got my old "forum roleplaying" vibes back. Might have gone a bit overboard, sorry.
On the contrary. It was a nice touch. ^.^
BlondeDragonGenie says:
Hello Rena. Welcome to the party and/or asylum!
Asylum party? Sounds fun!
Last edited October 9, 2023 3:56 am
Oct 9, 2023 2:29 am
Hi Rena.Wires! There has been at least one Delta Green game played on here and plenty of Pathfinder. I'm sure you'll have fun. Welcome to GP!
Oct 9, 2023 3:17 am
Welcome to the site!
Oct 9, 2023 3:33 am
Welcome Aboard!
Oct 9, 2023 4:10 am
Windyridge says:
There has been at least one Delta Green game played on here and plenty of Pathfinder. I'm sure you'll have fun.
That's good to hear.
Phil_Ozzy_Fer says:
Welcome to the site!
Cheers!
witchdoctor says:
Welcome Aboard!
Shiver me timbers! Done and done, with thanks!
Oct 9, 2023 8:46 am
Welcome to GP Rena!

I see from discord you've already made some great progress on a custom PF character sheet with a little help from Naatkinson. Well done!

I hope you find some games here that you enjoy.
Excidiar says:
Sadly, There is no red color for letters in this forum.
Nice post @Excidiar ! And you might be interested to know that you actually can make the letters red if you'd like ...
[ +- ] Red letters
Oct 9, 2023 9:18 am
Rena.Wires says:
https://media.tenor.com/JgwMmwlG8Q4AAAAC/1for-all-1for-all-dnd.gif

Lol. I'm sure it'll take more than a tiefling to burn this forum down.

Wait, what?!

https://i.imgur.com/kpOMmRs.png
Oct 9, 2023 9:19 am
It only takes one adam
Oct 9, 2023 9:26 am
Chalrytharendir says:
I see from discord you've already made some great progress on a custom PF character sheet with a little help from Naatkinson. Well done!
Yup. It's a nice feature GP has.
Adam says:
Wait, what?!
Awesome!
Oct 9, 2023 10:24 am
bowlofspinach says:
It only takes one adam
And while we appreciate him, we are also happy that there is only one adam
Oct 9, 2023 10:43 am
All we need now is a loud pop-tune midi going that you can't stop and it'll be MySpace all over again 😂
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.