Stalker05 / Vaun Kaiser

Oct 17, 2023 4:05 pm
Welcome
This thread is for your character creation.
Review Welcome! (Intro & Rules) and Character Creation.

If you have any questions you can post them here or if you think they are general on the Q&A

When you are ready to join the story introduce your character in the Who's Who thread.
Oct 17, 2023 7:24 pm
Just found out this thread. I am thinking about making an Alchemist plague doctor kind of guy who is researching about various diseases and cures available to this world. Is that doable?
Oct 17, 2023 8:00 pm
Sure. This system is open to creativity. The first 2 listed are from the system book. The last 2 are variants from book content.
Alchemist:
Provided the right reagents and recipes, you can mix potions,

Healer:
As an Action, you can Test 2d6 to heal a creature other than yourself. If the Test is successful, the target creature is healed for 2 Hit Points.
This Trait can also be used to cure poison, disease, and other physical ailments that are non-magical. You must be next to the creature to heal it.

Shaman Adept :
Your are gifted with an affinity to the spirit world allowing you to see spiritual affects as well as see and converse with various spirits. This allows you to call on them to create magical affects. Roll a standard test (2d6) and if the roll succeeds the spirits will create the effect at the beginning of the next round. These effects include creating minor elemental or natural effects, shaping the elements, and summon a spirit to aid you in more mundane tasks. Summoned spirits form tiny physical bodies and become visible. However any damage to then will dismiss their called form. As the spirits have trouble focusing the test must be performed each round to maintain any affect except summoned forms which last 10 minute before requiring another test.

Shaman Ritualist : You know how to guide the spirits to create wonderous effects. The more powerful the ritual the longer it takes and the more skill is required. Each ritual has a Magic cost that must be paid for. Rolling a standard test (2d6) with each success and fail tracked. When the number of successes reaches the magic cost the ritual takes effect. If the number of failures reaches the magic cost the ritual fails. You start with 4 point to allocate to rituals of your choice to be created in cooperation with the GM. Additional ritual may be found, purchased, or created.
elixirs, and poisons. You also gain Advantage when identifying
unknown liquids.
If you let me know more what you are thinking I can help work something out. Remember, you start with your racial heritage and 2 traits. No mastered weapons (unless you use a trait for that) but proficiency with 1 type of weapon. If your stick around you upgrade pretty quick at the start.
Oct 18, 2023 4:50 am
I was thinking about playing as a human. So, I guess that will give me another trait apart from the 2 that everyone starts with? I will take Healer and Alchemist. As for my character idea, I was thinking about someone who makes different kind of potions and poisons from various herbs, fungi, etc. He is a sort of mad scientist kind of character though not completely insane but has extreme curiosity about the effect of different substances, diseases and herbs. For support role, I want to create potions that buff and heal others and for offensive role, I want to create poisons, disease bombs, acid bombs, gas bombs, etc if these are possible in the current setting.
Last edited October 18, 2023 4:51 am
Oct 18, 2023 5:06 am
Educated: I didn’t go to academy for four years for nothing. You gain Advantage when checking to see if you know specific information

Eidetic Memory: You remember that guy in that city? Who did that thing? I remember exactly what he said. When Testing to recall information, you have seen or heard previously—even in passing—you succeed on a roll of 4, 5, or 6.

We can spin off a variant of one of these. Something like
Crazed Inspiration : That shouldn't have happened. What? No. I want talking to you. Go away. Ideas fill your mind leaving little room for reality or common sence. You gain advantage on creating new things or trying things for the first time. Recreating these results always seems harder, and not really worth it.
Oct 18, 2023 6:21 am
I am liking the Educated trait. However, I am curious, is there any bombs in this game or is it entirely spell based? As for weapons, I can choose proficiency with small weapons.
Oct 18, 2023 11:29 am
There are the odd fireworks in this setting but they are rare. As an alchemist you can create some.

The system tries to keep things simple and I am keeping beginers to attacks that deal 1 damage each. You could create a bomb that deals 1 damage to everything in an area. After the tutorial we cn talk about bigger boom sticks if you like.
Oct 18, 2023 2:37 pm
The ~Tiny Info~ also has a bunch of information for quick reference and can be accessed by tapping the grey button below the Rolls section
https://i.imgur.com/t8yLGy8.png or opening it from the Characters menus at the bottom of the page. Additional information can be added here upon request.
Oct 18, 2023 2:38 pm
Here are some basic game guidelines.
[ +- ] Formatting
[ +- ] Subscriptions & Notifications
[ +- ] Gameplay
Oct 18, 2023 5:18 pm
Okay, so I am guessing my character is done. I would like to name him Vaun Kaiser, a university dropout who has either been expelled or has chosen to leave on his own accord. He is in search of jobs because he needs money to pursue his studies and live another day. In his time at university, he has been proficient in Anatomy, Alchemy, Medicine and Herbology. He wants to pursue his research but has been forced to choose the life of an adventurer because of his current situation.

Is there any place, I am supposed to start?
Oct 18, 2023 5:25 pm
Review
1. Welcome! (Intro & Rules)
2. Character Creation

Character Creation will walk you through creating a character. Your background and other info can miss be here or if your want it on your character sheet or it in the "Character Notes" section
Oct 18, 2023 7:06 pm
So, I think I have created the character, I am not sure if I have done it correctly. Can you check, please?
Last edited October 19, 2023 5:24 am
Oct 20, 2023 7:07 pm
Stalker05 says:
Hey, I think I have completed my character, the alchemist Vaun Kaiser. I was wondering what my next step would be. Which thread will I choose to start playing the game? Also, can you check if my character is made correctly?
Character creation has steps to submit your character to the game
After you submit your character add a short intro to the "Who's Who"

Once you have done those 2 thinks and I check it over I will create a new story thread for you and post a link here. If you have anything in particular you want to try or a major character motivation to start out your story let me know and I will try and get that into your intro
Oct 20, 2023 9:16 pm
I also need to know how often you want to /can post. Please click on the Poll here to indicate your expected posting pace. Things in Play by Post are flexible so you can go faster or slower but I like to know peoples pace as it helps form groups.
Oct 21, 2023 6:00 am
I think I am done with the steps. As for the motivation, he was expelled from his Academy for unlicensed experimentation. All he wanted to do was understand medicine and anatomy more vividly, trying to satiate his curious mind. However, such experience has humbled him, and he is looking for a job now as his skills might help people of the expedition, particularly the adventurers.
Oct 21, 2023 3:33 pm
A few thing.
Can you explain a bit about the gloves?
You are missing a character avatar. Open your character and towards the top is a "Change Avatar" link that will let you upload an image for your character. Then when you post you select "Post As" and select your character and it will show that image and your character name .

I am going to have you start HERE
Oct 21, 2023 4:21 pm
Umm, I don't know what you mean by gloves.
Oct 21, 2023 5:50 pm
In your great section you have
Quote:
A pair of leather gloves, when worn you can not hold anything with them.
I assumed these were your minor magic item. Each character starts with a minor magic item. No mechanical advantage but they can be fun and useful.
Oct 21, 2023 5:57 pm
Oh, I totally forgot about it! Damn, I am very sorry. We can assume that was an insulting joke given to Vaun as a parting gift from his colleagues in the academy.
Oct 31, 2023 1:20 am
@Stalker05 the basic tutorial is done. You can add either a weapon mastery, allowing you to attack with 3d6, or another trait, like spell touched, beast spach, Linguist, etc. See the list and details on traits in Character creation.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.