Descent into the Underdark

load previous
Dec 6, 2023 9:41 pm
Garic follows suit and douses his light. The pair of you move cautiously through the darkness
Give me a couple of rolls and any other actions you may take
Dec 7, 2023 2:26 am
Ander goes dark as well. His left arm firmly clasped to the inner strap of his shield. His right hand…still clenching his humble sling, but just for a brief moment…his right hand finds its way into his pocket, where gauntelted fingers find themselves rubbing a certain talisman. A simple chess piece. But more than that…The Knight. The position our knightly fellow aspires to hold.

Any thoughts, he mouths, seemingly, to himself.

Ander tries positioning himself just in front of Garic. Intending to protect his spellcasting friend, just in case a tactical defense is soon warranted. And our knightly fellow waits.
OOC:
Standing guard (Rolled 2d6, but might just be 1due to disadvantage in the dark?).
Also…’consulting’ the King The Knight.
Last edited December 7, 2023 2:31 am

Rolls

Standing guard - (2d6)

(21) = 3

Knight

daryen

Dec 7, 2023 2:58 am
Knight
The Knight says, "It is called a Fisher for a reason. Beware the fishing line. Do not directly touch the Fisher's line!"
OOC:
Hopefully I'll get a second entry for the Knight. When that happens I will update the Post As to reflect that.
Dec 7, 2023 4:02 am
You move cautiously and slowly through the cavern in almost pitch black darkness. Garic experiments a bit with his magic and manages to add the slightest bit of a glow to the bottom of your shoes so that as ander raises his foot to walk he can vaguely see to surface underfoot.

Rolls

random wanderings

Dec 8, 2023 1:37 am
Our knightly fellow takes a few more steps. Emerald-colored eyes barely piercing darkness, and surely watching his feet as much as he glances straight ahead. Perhaps the magical light of Garic along his brown boots affording his lone sensory solace.

This…maybe isn’t working, Ander quietly says. Garic…we may need your kind magic. Have you, well, you know the…what do you call it…cantrip thingy, that maybe causes ghostly sounds to occur? Or maybe one of those magical hands that can grab small objects? If we could make sounds like footsteps…well, louder footsteps, or maybe a magical hand that could pull on any of the…I guess, fishing line hereabout…then maybe we draw out the Fisher more quickly.

Quicker. More quickly? You know what I mean, right?"
Dec 8, 2023 6:40 am
As you are whispering you suddenly feel oddly light, then realize it is your pack as the straps suddenly pull up instead of down. With a jerk you are lifted off your feet and up into the air a few feet.
OOC:
Bypassing tedious search back and forth and on to gallant battle, don't die :)

Knight

daryen

Dec 8, 2023 1:57 pm
Knight
"The Fisher found you!"
Dec 8, 2023 4:25 pm
Briefly startled, but anticipating the fight to come, Ander activates his magical helm. Intending to shone bright light straight at the Fisher!

Garic, now! Activate your shields! Shine the light, good man!

Drawing back his arm, Ander looses a sling bullet. Intending to hit the Fisher right between fishing eyes!

Rolls

Sling! - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Dec 8, 2023 9:17 pm
The beam of light from the helmet shone upwards revealing . . .
a tiny thead glistening in the light stuck to the knights pack, tugging it upwards. With a twirl and release a stone is sent at the thing, striking it on the head and causing it to hiss. (un?)Fortunately all this commotion works Ander out of his pack and he falls to the floor of the cave, without his pack.
OOC:
FYI : Activating the helm is free. You can do 1 simple action, open a door, turn on your helm, grab a weapon, for free each round. so I am giving you focus as your other action.
Cave Fisher
Garic
Garic exclaims in surprise as your light reveals the thins clinging to the ceiling above. With a whoosh both his shields are suddenly surrounded by flame and he throws a couple of punches upwards, sending bursts of flame at the fisher.
Under the helms spot light the fisher scuttles further up and sway from the reach of your helm into the darkness beyond.
Cave Fisher

Garic
Garic shouts It going to hide, we need to get you on the ceiling so you can track it

Rolls

Attack - (2d6, 2d6)

2d6 : (13) = 4

2d6 : (51) = 6

Dec 9, 2023 12:09 am
Ander picks his knightly self up from cavernous ground. Draws his trusty sword, and exclaims,

Yes! Indeed, we need to get me on the ceiling to track it, Garic! How do we do that?! Get me on the ceiling, I mean! And, track it?! So basically, the whole thing?!

Garic

Psybermagi

Dec 9, 2023 1:09 am
Garic
Quickly grabbing a rope from his pack Garic ties it to his new magic pole and starts climbing
Stay climbing he says and hands you his pole before rushing to retrieve you pack from where it fell
After you use the potion and are on the rock lowerthe pole to me
Dec 9, 2023 3:20 pm
Ander replaces his pack upon knightly back!

Ah yes, Ander exclaims. Appreciating kind reminder of magic gear duly equipped! (Gulp, gulp, gulp)… And so it is, within but a few annoying gulps, our knightly fellow attempts a climb, and a cling!

Here we go, he says. Magical pole strapped to his back, and striking an athletic climber’s pose!
OOC:
Not meaning to get too far ahead on my Actions here. Lashing pole to pack, putting on backpack, drinking potion, climbing. Hope all that tracks ok.

Rolls

Climbing - (2d6)

(51) = 6

Dec 11, 2023 3:46 am
You make it to the ceiling without trouble and upon contact with the stone easily step down/up onto the ceiling/floor before quickly lowering the pole to Garic to repeat the process. He calls up Start searching with your helm light but keep your distance till I get up there to back you up. and starts panting as he repeats your climb. Quite a good exercise you note though not of much use for everyday life, not that your life is ordinary anymore you think with a grin.
Dec 12, 2023 1:29 am
Nods in knightly acquiescence, Ander clings to dungeonous ceiling whilst making stalwart search.

Ander grins slightly as he ponders lack of ordinariness. Well, this IS what I signed up firm after all, he thinks to knightly self. Fact is, Ander is seeking to make good on his knightly name. And wgat better way to do it, than clinging from a ceiling and searching for a monster trying to kill him?

Don’t answer that!

Rolls

Search - (2d6)

(61) = 7

Dec 12, 2023 6:45 am
Ander sweeps the area with his helms light, as Garic works his way up, and catches a glimpse of the fisher hidings a ways off. As the light strikes it the fisher hisses and starts scuttling further from you and out of your light.
Garic calls ahead Right behind you as he nears the ceiling close to where you arrived. The two of you set of in pursuit with you in the lead chasing down the fisher and trying to keep it in the spot light.
Roll twice, once for the Hunt 3d6 and another for maneuvering in the rough terrain on the ceiling to catch up 2d6. If both succeed you can go ahead and begin combat with favorable situation that you create, 1 failure and it will be fair, both fail and .... well we will see :)
Dec 12, 2023 2:35 pm
Ander clings and climbs along the ceiling, aided by magic helm light. Stay close, Ander advises his shield-bearing friend. The hunt is afoot!

Rolls

Hunt - (3d6)

(344) = 11

Catch Up - (2d6)

(55) = 10

Dec 12, 2023 5:18 pm
The foreign nature of the area frustrates you but you manage to move will enough to keep the thing in sight. It's large bulk forces the Fisher to navigate around obstacles your easily slip through and your son overtake the creature with Garic hiding behind. Adjusted by your pursuit it turns to attack. Roll initiative 2d6.
I don't always use initiative but those sends a good time for it. If the total is over 8 go ahead and take your turn.

Rolls

Fisher initiative - (2d6)

(53) = 8

Garic initiative - (2d6)

(56) = 11

Dec 12, 2023 6:57 pm
Oh how our knight fellow tests his initiative. Good thing he’s vigilant!

Bringing his trusty sword to the fore, Ander swings mightily at the villainous Fisher! Before also evading counter strike with his trusty shield!

Quite the evader, our knightly fellow!
Last edited December 12, 2023 7:15 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (3d6)

(634) = 13

Attack! - (2d6)

(54) = 9

Evade! - (2d6)

(54) = 9

Dec 13, 2023 2:01 am
With a swish of the blade Ander scores the first hit before th chargind thing can get it's claws on him. Soon after a couple flame darts stike the thing but glance off its hardeneed shelll. The fisher then brings its claws down to clamp onto Ander who blocks the first and then . . .
OOC:
You can roll a second evade (2d6) to block the second claw then do your next round

Rolls

Garic Attacks Fisher - (2d6, 2d6)

2d6 : (33) = 6

2d6 : (13) = 4

Fisher Attacks Ander - (3d6, 3d6)

3d6 : (621) = 9

3d6 : (151) = 7

Dec 13, 2023 2:36 pm
Ander slashes at the Fisher once again with flashing steel! His steps are extraordinarily light, as his brown boots magically cling to the ceiling whilst knightly swordplay ensues!

Take that, Ander exclaims to his dark-denizen adversary! And just after flash of cold steel interrupts cavernous air, our knightly fellow attempts masterful evasion with trusty shield!

We will win this day, Garic! I duly declare it!

Rolls

Evade (current round)! - (2d6)

(64) = 10

Attack (proceeding round! - (2d6)

(33) = 6

Evade (see above)! - (2d6)

(21) = 3

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.