Descent into the Underdark

load previous
Apr 24, 2024 11:46 am
OOC:
good call friends, let’s get some downtime in before shaking it up. I think in the past there’s been an assumption that with healers like Ishzu in the party, we all heal up as free actions outside of combat?

Also, it occurs to me that the goblin quest might be a good linear one to follow, as long as it is a challenge and presents some new adventure. I think Ishzu might need to get us on board with that though, maybe telling us why it’s important? Otherwise we can go into the unknown!
Apr 24, 2024 3:31 pm
OOC:
OK, I just wanted to make sure of where everyone was heading. Let's advance this a little farther ...

Also, it isn't necessary to roll for healing out of combat. Just say your doing it and, if sufficient time is present, everyone is back up to full strength. Rolling is only necessary in combat or time-critical situations. When time doesn't matter, whether it is one roll or ten rolls, it's gonna work at some point.

I am also assuming Fiznik is up top while construction is taking place.
The party briefly checks in on the progress of the construction. Ishzu makes sure everyone is healed up (especially Brewner, who took the bulk of the damage with the centipedes). They then proceed on up to the base.
OOC:
Brewner gets 3XP. Everyone else gets 4XP. (The difference is because where everyone else got the first XP, Brewner was gaining his Veteran status.) Unfortunately, this adventure had no monetary return on effort, as the goblin tribe was mostly left alive, and thus in possession of all of their loot. The barely more than 2GP from the centipedes was small comfort. However, they did come back with the crystal! If they follow Ishzu's understanding of breaking it up into usable, but much safer pieces, they will be able to sell off however much of it they want after Fiznik takes his cut.
Apr 25, 2024 1:39 pm
OOC:
I would just like to apologize.
My energy level, motivation, and mental focus have completely dropped.
I have had no energy to post or do anything on any of the games I am currently playing in.
It has nothing to do with you as DM, the game, or the players.
I have just lost all motivation to type up anything.

I will try and work to fix this but IDK what to do.
It might just be from added stress or other BS reason.

Once again I am sorry. Give me a little bit.
Apr 25, 2024 1:44 pm
OOC:
I feel that way sometimes too. I tend to get more excited when starting new things. Sometimes all I need is a short break. This might be the perfect opportunity for Ishzu to break away and do something on his own with the dragon. Ishzu is somewhat mysterious, so I could see him showing up in the middle of whatever storyline we end up in later.
Apr 25, 2024 3:00 pm
OOC:
Yeah, happens to me as well, particularly when I'm in two games at a time (I'm more used to a single game at a time, 3+ games drives me insane). My posting frequency has been lately reduced too, but I also think a fresh change can do the trick.
Apr 25, 2024 4:52 pm
"Friends should we go talk to Fiznik see what he can do about the crystal, can be worth a fortune!" Brewner says while checking his wounds recovery "Don't worry, Grinfletch, I know I still owe you gold for this beauty" And he shows off his Savage Warhammer
Apr 25, 2024 6:55 pm
OOC:
@Smiley, we can handle it however you want. The point of the game is to have fun, not be a chore! If you need to step away for a bit, that's perfectly fine. It's all up to you. And since everyone is back at the settlement, Ishzu can do whatever he needs to without issue!

Just let Psybermagi and me know what you want to do, and we'll work with you and Ishzu!
Apr 25, 2024 11:41 pm
Grinders puts a hand on the hilt of Brewner’s warhammer. Aye, well, you’ve done some great things with that weapon, Hopper! It was gold worth spending. Let’s see what we can do with these crystals.
OOC:
I know we said it would take time for the crystals to be used to make things. Could we say that we spend a few days here for that to happen? I don’t think we need to get big OP weapons or whatever, but it would be nice to get some cool crystal benefit. Actually, for Grin, just the crystal walkie talkies would be good enough. And then money from the rest to invest in another magic thing. Then we might be ready for some longer and more dangerous excursions?
Apr 26, 2024 7:56 am
"You know... Do you think a crystal of this kind can eventually evolve into a sentience like Ishzu? I would really like to spend a few days researching this. I am not yet sure how to, however, but I might need to run a few experiments and not lose my mind in the process. Fiznik might be able to make a charm for a few days. After that, we could arrange to split the crystal if you're still interested in that. I heard Grin say 'walkie-talkie' in his sleep the other night. Sounded like he had a very concrete idea for the crystal."

As soon as they get to Fiznik, Oliver asks about the charm hold the crystal powers under control for a few days, so Ishzu does not need to exert himself constantly.
Apr 26, 2024 2:26 pm
Adventure has move up to The Base for the next steps ...
Apr 26, 2024 3:38 pm
Thread locked while party relaxed on Base

Thread locked