04. Dues for the Dead

load previous
Jan 29, 2024 2:39 pm
"More questions than answers at this point, I'm afraid," the constructed man observes. "I agree with Zrukz, I am willing to assist further as needed. I am not certain we are actually done here."
Jan 29, 2024 8:09 pm
The Doomguide shakes his head, "I do not believe the Welcomers, grave robbing scum as they are, were working with this mystery person. They seemed as caught by surprise as we were, quite literally in their case. As for Valjevo Keep, this Pool of Radiance as you mentioned described must be somewhere underneath it…if it is anything but a myth. But I’m not one to go to the Lord Regent with something like this, he has plenty of work to do to just hold Phlan together. But keep an ear out for anything regardless". He hands you the promised 100 gold pieces and 20 extra, and nods towards Vess, "I am not sure I have anymore potions, but my priests can certainly heal you". He then addresses Zrukz & Pierce, "We can always use the extra hands in dealing with any potential undeads while we dispel the magic in the teleportation circle. We will go at dawn tomorrow"
OOC:
Please note down 20 gp each. Valjevo Keep is the seat of the city regent btw. Can’t remember if that came up at some point, but you will have learned that from staying in Phlan for so long. The Lord Regent is the current commander of the Black Fist who took the reigns after the former heirless regent died
Jan 30, 2024 7:54 pm
OOC:
Is there anything else you'd like to ask the Doomguide about or do in relations to the quest? Otherwise I'll wrap up the adventure, hand out experience and begin the downtime
Jan 31, 2024 4:49 am
OOC:
nothing here
Jan 31, 2024 5:46 am
OOC:
good to move on. lets meet the newcomers during downtime vs as we start the adventure.
Jan 31, 2024 2:34 pm
The Doomguide bids you all farewell after praising Cassyt for her efforts in the catacombs and he officially inducts her into the Most Solemn Order of the Silent Shroud; the formal clergy of Kelemvor. The next day, Pierce & Zrukz accompany the Doomguide and a few other priests back into the catacombs and where the teleportation circle is dispelled. You're told that there may still be a few straggling undead creatures roaming amongst the crypts but that they should be a manageable problem without the wizard replenishing their forces repeatedly.
OOC:
You each get 600 experience points and 10 days of downtime. What would you guys like to spend it doing?
Feb 2, 2024 8:11 pm
If that's possible Zrukz will waste his time and some of the money to try gaining some connections at Welcomers. While keep spending his money to make the right impression, he would give more than 10 gp directly to the guild members while trying to earn his reputation

Wealthy lifestyle -40 PG.
Welcomers guild bribes -10 GP
Feb 3, 2024 2:27 am
Chitkree will search the city for schools that can teach advanced skills. In the meantime h2 will prepare for the expcted cost by investing in crafting materials to produce more potions, both for sale and use.
OOC:
Looking to train in a feat if possible : fighting style or Mobility
100 - 150 gold into 4x healing potions for sale/trade seeking a recipe for keoghtom's ointment
Last edited February 3, 2024 2:29 am
Feb 4, 2024 2:20 am
Just working on the pistol.
Feb 5, 2024 8:37 pm
OOC:
Zrukz, give me an investigation check with advantage and a persuasion check with disadvantage

Pierce, give me a DC 21 check. 10 gp for the forge rental and 30 gp for the cost of the check.

Chitkree, please give me a herbalist check. I will allow to train for feats BUT it takes a long time (what I’ve read suggested is 2-3 times a proficiency training of 10 weeks - int modifier) and it requires a bit of luck to find a trainer of the feat. So give a a straight d20 roll to see if you can find a trainer for either of the two feats in Phlan
Feb 5, 2024 9:17 pm
OOC:
Let's test goblin's luck

Rolls

Investigation (advantage) - (2d20H1-1)

(919) - 1 = 18

Persuasion (disadvantage) - (2d20L1+5)

(153) + 5 = 8

Feb 5, 2024 9:44 pm
OOC:
Sassafras says:
Chitkree, please give me a herbalist check. I will allow to train for feats BUT it takes a long time (what I’ve read suggested is 2-3 times a proficiency training of 10 weeks - int modifier) and it requires a bit of luck to find a trainer of the feat. So give a a straight d20 roll to see if you can find a trainer for either of the two feats in Phlan
Chitkree training and crafting

Rolls

Herbalism crafting - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

Gathering Training information - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Feb 6, 2024 5:52 pm
OOC:
Did we change the cost aspect? It's been so long I honestly don't remember, but I had thought it was just the forge/workshop use fee until he actually succeeded at the roll?

Regardless, I'm fine however you want to do it.

Subtracting 40gp.

Go figure. I actually succeed that time. Lol
Last edited February 6, 2024 5:53 pm

Rolls

Crafting - Pistol, Roll 3 (INT + Prof. Bonus) - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Feb 6, 2024 8:43 pm
OOC:
Haha, I think that you might be right. In my head this way made more sense since it kept the cost spread out over more time. But not sure you paid the first 60 gp 😅
Pierce, after a little bit more crafting and testing, you manage to craft a working pistol.

Zrukz, you know Phlan well enough to know where to go looking for members of the Welcomers. Unfortunately, word has spread that you were part of the group that helped apprehend the grave robbers from the catacombs, and since that resulted in them hanging, no one are willing to speak to you. You manage to avoid any violence from them though.
OOC:
Chitkree, I’ll say that you manage to find a trainer for one of the feats mentioned. Do you prefer to split the time between the two activities or do you prefer to focus on one?
Feb 6, 2024 8:59 pm
Pierce will, once he realizes his work is finished, see if a store will take his light crossbow and bolts in trade for a good sturdy shield.
Feb 6, 2024 9:12 pm
OOC:
You can certainly find a trader willing to make that switch (assuming you want a regular shield)
Feb 7, 2024 1:56 am
Chitkree will focus on mastering weapons better ( fighting style )
Feb 10, 2024 9:42 am
OOC:
In that case give me an intelligence roll. The price per week is gonna be 25 gp, and as I mentioned it will take a while to learn, but I'm adding a roll to determine how efficient your training is

You do not have permission to post in this thread.