04. Dues for the Dead

load previous
Jan 23, 2024 4:21 pm
yesyesyes Vess accepts that her companions don't want her arcane assistance and drinks her potion of healing.

Rolls

potion of healing - (2d4+2)

(14) + 2 = 7

Jan 23, 2024 8:31 pm
You walk down the tunnel that continues for about 60 ft or so before ending in a wall of stone and rubble. It seems like they didn’t manage to find what it is they were searching for.

Aramil, you’ve never heard of this pool.
Jan 23, 2024 11:13 pm
Chitkree and his companion search the dead end and work their way back, just in case

Rolls

Tikcha Perception - (1d20+5)

(11) + 5 = 16

Chitkree Perception + Guidance - (1d20+4+1d4)

(13) + (1) + 4 = 18

Jan 23, 2024 11:57 pm
"Shouldn't we give this letter to the clerics?" - Aramil asks the group.
Jan 24, 2024 12:07 am
Yes.
I search because we found secret passages last time we were in tunnels and rooms beneath the city. We can leave if it is decided to not check.
Last edited January 24, 2024 12:07 am
Jan 24, 2024 7:23 am
We have an unexplored area back and to the south I believe. Shall we check it now or after a short rest? Now that tunnel is abandoned I see no hurry any more.
Jan 24, 2024 9:24 am
My suggestion, after Chitkree finishes his search, would be to talk to the clerics about what we found out, take a short rest away from the dungeon and, if necessary, check the last area to the south.
Last edited January 24, 2024 9:25 am
Jan 24, 2024 2:44 pm
"Why would we not finish our investigations while we are already here?" asks the Warforged, who seems genuinely confused at the prospect.
Jan 24, 2024 3:06 pm
I agree with the iron man. If we leave any foe still here may double back and we will have to search the entire area again. Only leave if needed.
Jan 24, 2024 11:16 pm
Okay. I thought we had already finished the investigations. Onwards, then, let's finish this.
Last edited January 25, 2024 10:17 am
Jan 25, 2024 8:40 pm
Chitkree, you search the tunnel but it seems to be what it appears to be, a half excavated tunnel. It appears to have been a work in progress at the point you crashed it.

You go back and head towards the final area. Cassyt warns you, "This is where most new internments take place. It stretches for hundreds and hundreds of feet. It will take days to explore every inch of this place."
Jan 26, 2024 10:50 am
Aramil thinks about the best way forward and the next step on how to solve this situation.
Last edited January 26, 2024 10:52 am

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Jan 26, 2024 2:15 pm
Cassyt, if you say so. This is your place and your safety. If priest representative don't want us to search for lost zombies we won't. Should we?
OOC:
So are we done here? Return back and tell about teleportation circle. As far as I understand it requires a 3rd level dispel magic but we are lvl 3 PCs, just recently got access to lvl 2 spells.
If anyone volunteer to stay and guard the circle until solution found Zrukz can also stay. Let someone who actually understand the circle go talk to clerics.
Jan 26, 2024 3:11 pm
We need not search everything. If you are satisfied for now then we can leave Tikcha to watch over the intersection while we return and report to the priests. I curse myself for not thinking of this before but we should records the teleportation circle and break it. Leaving it intact will allow them to return any time they wish.

Before destroying the circle Chitkree will try and copy it down, on two separate sheets so the completed design is not recorded a a whole. He would then do what is needed to break it in several places.
Jan 27, 2024 9:35 pm
You disturb the circle, but Vess knows that it would require magic to make sure it is rendered fully inactive. You head back to the surface, the sun has set but a priest stationed outside the crypt entrance greets you and quickly leads you to the Doomguide. He listens to your story and looks none too pleased by the fact that someone was doing necromantic magic right underneath his graveyard. He looks even more dismayed at the mention of the pool of radiance. He takes a look at the map and traces a finger across it, "It looks to be heading towards Valjevo Keep…anyway, I’ll go down there myself in the morning with a few members of the clergy and dispel the circle myself". He bows his head in your direction, "The order is in your debt for your assistance"
Jan 27, 2024 10:05 pm
Chitkree's compatriots here a mental muttering Money Money Money as the thri-kreen waits expectantly to be rewarded. They can tell he is anxious as he is cleaning his antennae with his mandibles, which they repeatedly mentioned is somewhat disturbing and he should not do in public.
Last edited January 27, 2024 10:07 pm
Jan 27, 2024 11:18 pm
Aramil looks towards Chitkree, suppressing a chuckle.
Jan 28, 2024 11:16 am
I would appreciate a touch of your healing magics. Perhaps some of your potion as well as I was forced to drink my own. She holds out a delicate crystal flask. In here, please. Yes the elf is holding out her own empty bottle and is asking for a refill.
Jan 28, 2024 2:40 pm
I'll come tomorrow morning to accompany you just in case. Zrukz help you free of charge. We let than necromancer escape and he obviously have not done what he came here for - I wouldn't be surprised he try again
Zrukz is more interested in reputation than money at the moment.

And what that Valjevo Keep? Why would that necromancer be so determined to get there?
Jan 28, 2024 6:24 pm
The keep should be warned and that magic circle destroyed.
To be clear though, the necromancers were not the only ones there. Are they working with the Welcomers or competing for resources and access to the crypts.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.