Session Zero

load previous
Nov 22, 2023 8:18 pm
@RageRed yes, good idea, I'll do it like that, combining the two sources of Trust level modifications.
Nov 22, 2023 9:03 pm
Summary of starting Trust levels taking into account Trust changes due to Character Connections and the Recent Adventiure

Hank "The Tank" Harper/The Warrior/@JoshuaMabry
+1 (Nova Blue, Connection 1)
+1 (John Doe, Connection 1)
-1 Trust (Gloop, Connection 3)
+1 Trust (Recent Adventure Q2)
+1 Trust (Recent Adventure Q5)
Total Trust level adjustment = +1 +1 -1 +1 +1 = +3
-> "Esteemed" (5) (Maximum Trust Level)

Gloop/The Unfamiliar/@timplausible
+1 (Nova Blue, Connection 2)
+1 (John Doe, Connection 2)
-1 Trust (Hank Harper, Connection 3)
-1 Trust (Recent Adventure Q6)
Total Trust level adjustment = +1 +1 -1 -1 = 0
-> "Trusted" (3)

John Doe/The Normal/@htech
-1 Trust (Nova Blue, Connection 3)
+1 Trust (Hank Harper, Connection 1)
+1 Trust (Gloop, Connection 2)
-1 Trust (Recent Adventure Q1)
-1 Trust (Recent Adventure Q7)
+1 Trust (Recent Adventure Q4)
Total Trust level adjustment = -1 +1 +1 -1 -1 +1 = 0
-> "Trusted" (3)

Nova Blue/The Gifted/@RageRed
-1 (John Doe, Connection 3)
+1 Trust (Hank Harper, Connection 2)
+1 Trust (Gloop, Connection 1)
+1 Trust (Recent Adventure Q2)
-1 Trust (Recent Adventure Q4)
Total Trust level adjustment = -1 +1 +1 +1 -1 = +1
-> "Respected" (4)
Nov 22, 2023 9:13 pm
With that we're good to go! I'll probably post a new thread for the first scene at the weekend - on a work trip at the moment, and not feeling at my freshest or most creative rn heh.
Nov 26, 2023 6:53 pm
I've got the first scene ready to go - just waiting for a few more bits of additional character information.

Wanted to ask how you would like to deal with posting-frequency? I hope the game can keep some momentum - and of course non-game-life stuff gets in the way and means we don't always post as often as we hope.

How about - if we are waiting for a post from a player for more than 3 days, then I as GM will make a move/response for them?

Would you prefer a longer or shorter period before I step in like that?

Or some other response to significant slow-downs in the game like that?

Would be great to hear what you've seen work well for that in the other games you've played/run here on GP.
Nov 26, 2023 6:57 pm
I've been reviewing your character sheets, looking for ideas on how I could bring in your backstories into the action.

It's not holding us back from starting in-character play, and if you wanted to, I've some questions about Nova, @RageRed, that might be useful for that purpose:

Nova was genetically engineered and created in the lab.

Did she escape from a lab, from control or ownership of others?

Or did she leave her creators without any bonds, without any expectation that she fulfils a mission or purpose for them?

Is she being hunted or pursued by her creators, or others due to her engineered nature? Or is she free from those aspects of her past?
Nov 26, 2023 8:31 pm
Great, thanks for that, @RageRed
Nov 26, 2023 10:08 pm
Pushing things along after 3 days is fine with me. I'd also be ok with 2 days.
Nov 26, 2023 11:52 pm
I’m fine with two days.
Nov 27, 2023 5:14 am
Thanks for that @JoshuaMabry @timplausible - if I don't hear feedback from anyone else, I'll go with two days. When I'm travelling for work I'll be slow at posting myself - so no shade or blame for anyone when it happens. I'll aim to let you know when I'm likely to be slowed down like that.
Nov 27, 2023 8:04 am
I'm fine with that. :)

PS: I usually post daily, but may miss this 2 days deadline sometimes, and hope that's ok.

3 days would work better for me during some weekends and also let me handle hectic work days occasionally, but I don't mind a 2 days deadline if most of you wanna keep the game moving with a faster pace. =)
Last edited November 27, 2023 8:31 am
Nov 27, 2023 8:32 am
Three days it is :) Also gives me more sense of flexibility for the times when I've got a lot on myself!
Nov 30, 2023 9:56 am
Alright! Have decided that we'll start today!

I've added top the Crew/Character thread a description of your three additional NPC crewmates, and a description of The Ballerina. I've made character sheets for both the NPCs and The Ballerina, hopefully you're able to see those through the "Characters" tab.

@JoshuaMabry is missing a little bit of their character sheet, but I think we can move ahead despite that - we'll resolve any issues with that when we encounter a situation where they could be relevant.

Please let me know if you expect you'll be unable to post for a few days or longer - I'll aim to keep you up-to-date about my likely availablity too, if I expect it's going to be less than I want (for me that'll mostly be the occasional vacation, and the weeks when I'm delivering training).

I'll start up a new thread for our first in-character action later today (maybe very soon?) and look forward to seeing how this develops!

Welcome - again - to Starscape!
Nov 30, 2023 10:08 am
Quote:
I've made character sheets for both the NPCs and The Ballerina, hopefully you're able to see those through the "Characters" tab.
Nope. We can see their descriptions in the thread, as usual, but just the GM can see all character sheets. I can only see my own character.

To share NPCs (or useful handouts) with the players, you have to do some advanced configuration. Here's the Adam's guide for that: https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/25324/?p=1179318#p1179318
Last edited November 30, 2023 10:08 am
Nov 30, 2023 10:46 am
Thank you for that, @htech - I'll check that out this afternoon.
Nov 30, 2023 11:57 am
Can you see the NPCs now? I added:

{"background": {"image": ""},
"diceRules": [],
"characterSheetIntegration": {"gmSheets": [], "playerSheets": [{"Handouts": "custom/27927"},{"Handouts": "custom/27927"},{"Handouts": "custom/27929"},{"Handouts": "custom/27738"}]},
"diceDefaults": {"rerollAces": false}
}
Nov 30, 2023 12:35 pm
Yup. But the captain is showing twice (you repeated the code there) and you should name then instead fo calling them all "handouts" :D

"playerSheets": [{"Nour Gadfly": "custom/27927"},{"Nour Gadfly (again)": "custom/27927"},{"Pardo": "custom/27929"},{"Ballerina (Ship)": "custom/27738"}]},
Nov 30, 2023 12:37 pm
Thank you so much for that @htech!

Noooooo we have to have those tubes in there...! Should be able to sort that quickly.
Nov 30, 2023 1:54 pm
How do I access the NPC character sheets?
Nov 30, 2023 2:11 pm
In the bottom. =)

https://i.imgur.com/41ZiTT1.png
Nov 30, 2023 4:05 pm
Thanks!
load next

Thread locked