Hailing frequencies open (Intro & OOC chat)

load previous
Dec 6, 2023 8:35 pm
Thank you! :D
Now the one extra can fit
Dec 10, 2023 12:36 am
Well, after that intro, I'm excited 😊
Dec 10, 2023 4:21 am
Ooooo...

Looking forward to the reveal of the "dangerous individual". Sounds exciting!
Dec 10, 2023 6:37 am
Yaay! And off we go :)
Dec 10, 2023 1:43 pm
@htec - I know your juggling lots with this, noticed that Jil joined the ship on Era 1235 Day 100, but Mariella joined Era 1235 Day 19 and Jil was already there.
Dec 10, 2023 2:24 pm
Esidrix says:
@htec - I know your juggling lots with this, noticed that Jil joined the ship on Era 1235 Day 100, but Mariella joined Era 1235 Day 19 and Jil was already there.
Fixed! Thanks!
Dec 10, 2023 4:47 pm
daryen says:
Ooooo...

Looking forward to the reveal of the "dangerous individual". Sounds exciting!
Uh oh. I think I figured out how the "dangerous individual" is. Looks like Hank gets to look for some awkward situations ... !
Dec 13, 2023 12:07 am
daryen says:
No problem on the Voyager. I didn't know how defined it was. Please toss in a topic for it in the Game Details section!
Done! There's also a ship design system/rules that I created inspired by Gurps Spaceships for this game.

Will post it in the future in the details section, I still have to do some formating and cleanup.
Dec 13, 2023 1:18 am
Quick question: is the Celestial Voyager "sub/ship" style or "skyscraper/tail-lander" style?

What about the shuttles?

Just trying to get the feel. 🙂
Dec 13, 2023 3:06 am
I'm open to suggestions :)
Dec 13, 2023 3:13 am
For this kind of game, I'm partial to the sub/ship profile. From a tech perspective, the tail-landers were built that way because grav-plates didn't exist. That way acceleration and deceleration could simulate gravity at a 1G burn. Once grav-plates exist, it allows designers to build ships more towards an aesthetic manner and worry less with function.

That doesn't mean I'm not open to a discussion :)
Last edited December 13, 2023 3:13 am
Dec 13, 2023 5:35 am
While I love tail-landers, after more thought, I think that ship/sub actually fits the current aesthetic better. The source material for the examples used were all ship/sub, so that probably works best.

So, yes, I'm basically short-circuiting my own question, but I think that ship/sub best matches where we seem to be heading.
Dec 13, 2023 11:16 pm
Stellar cartography is proving to be a bit more time-consuming than anticipated. Despite my enjoyment in creating the map and the belief that it will greatly enhance our visualization of the upcoming adventure and travels, I won't be able to post today for this game. Your patience will be rewarded when you see the map, I promise. ;)
Dec 14, 2023 4:44 am
Take the time you need. Looking forward to seeing the scope of the mission!
Dec 14, 2023 6:06 am
Yeah, I am exited as well :)
Dec 18, 2023 12:58 am
I've added a Status "character sheet" to the game. It should be available in the "Rolls" section of every thread, below the post button and near your own character sheet.

It has the PCs hit points, credits and whatever is in the Celestial Voyager cargo holds and fuel tanks.

If you have any problems to see it, just let me know. This sheet is read-only, you won't be able to edit.
Dec 18, 2023 1:55 am
htech says:
I've added a Status "character sheet" to the game. It should be available in the "Rolls" section of every thread, below the post button and near your own character sheet.
When I click the "Status" button, the resulting fly-out box is showing up as blank, for me, except for a little red "scroll" icon. If I click the red scroll, a new page loads, with the error "No Character Found."
Dec 18, 2023 3:08 am
Same experience as Spaceseeker19 - Hopefully that's useful for troubleshooting.
Dec 18, 2023 9:21 am
Thanks. Please try again, I think I fixed it.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.