Hailing frequencies open (Intro & OOC chat)

load previous
Feb 21, 2024 6:44 pm
That's fair. I can scale back. Sorry for that.
Feb 21, 2024 7:42 pm
Don't worry @Esidrix, you're in the correct posting frequency. Daryen is in "overclock mode" but we will wait for you and ask only for the agreed-upon rate.
Feb 21, 2024 7:55 pm
@daryen I have vetoed the end of your post, as that assumes an answer for Corbin that he didn't gave and possibly couldn't even read in time, ok? Thank you for keeping the game progressing, either way. It's just a small adjustment.
Feb 21, 2024 8:02 pm
@htech, that isn't a problem. In fact, I asked you to modify what needs to be modified.

@Esidrix, we'll make your posting rate work. I just happened to have a period of opportunity for frequent posting. I can easily slow down and @htech will keep me in check!
Feb 21, 2024 10:48 pm
If everyone waited for a shuttle, would that be cheaper in a Vehicle world or an Astonautic world?
Feb 21, 2024 10:52 pm
I don't think I really got your question, but assuming you're talking about speculative trading and their Types, they're cumulative. If an item is Cultural and Low tech (ex: hand-sewn clothing), in a world with -2 Cultural and -1 Low tech, this good will receive a -3 modifier in that 3d6 roll.

Was that the question?
Feb 21, 2024 11:00 pm
I think he's asking if we wait to buy a shuttle from a world that makes shuttles, would it be cheaper?

I am pretty sure the answer is, yes, it would be. But, at the same time, we'd get less for the lifeboats. And since I'm pretty sure we need to deal with both at the same time, it is probably a wash. And, considering the lack of Friction and Trouble, this is probably a good world to get this done on.

But I'm not the GM and the above is just a guess.
Last edited February 21, 2024 11:10 pm
Feb 21, 2024 11:14 pm
Quote:
I think he's asking if we wait to buy a shuttle from a world that makes shuttles, would it be cheaper?
Oh, if that's the question (English is not my first language), well it may be cheaper indeed. It will depend more on the Trade roll and in game circumstances but, as a general context affecting those deals, yes. The selling of your used fittings would probably be cheaper as well and get you less money for the same reasons/context.

PS: As an aside, I didn't know what "a wet blanket on the progress of this game" meant before I Googled it. 😃 Thanks for teaching me that idiomatic expression.
Feb 21, 2024 11:15 pm
@htech, new question ...

Our FTL drive lets us go up to two hexes away, correct? (While the underlying tech assumptions are *totally* different, the range and travel patterns are similar to Traveller, correct?) If that is correct, then we are going to have this travel pattern:

06.09 (Draco) to either 04.08 or to 07.08. We only need one of those; we will likely never see the other one until much, much later. Maybe.
Then from which ever we choose, we will go to 05.07 -> 05.06 -> 05.04 -> 06.02 -> 05.01. From there, we are heading into the unknown, which means zero freight and we'll have to take blind guesses for speculation.

Do I have that all correct?
Feb 21, 2024 11:27 pm
Correct. The only caveat is that from 05.01 onwards the Explorers Division will use more than 1,000 of your cargo capacity. That's what they hired your for. So you will receive a lot of credits there and probably would need to sell most, if not all, of whatever cargo you got.

PS: I dont know if I have given those details in game yet and if Hank knows that number, but as you're planning so far ahead, I don't want to waste your (Daryen) time with anything after Altairia.
Feb 21, 2024 11:45 pm
Thank you for that reminder!

And, I will just try to figure things out between Draco and Altairia. Also, Hank will be looking for just standard freight along the way for every hop. He wants to try and maximize the use of the hold, even if most ends up being freight. Hopefully, that will hold us over until the ITC pays us for the charter.

Also, I imagine we will have to look for a choice crew member or two along the way. Ideally we can eventually get up to 12 or so humans and allow the synths to go back to their alternating schedule. But there looks to be a couple worlds along the way we can check out, too. Surely we can find a handful of scrappy individuals yearning for a better life. 🤣
Feb 21, 2024 11:55 pm
htech says:
Quote:
Oh, if that's the question (English is not my first language), well it may be cheaper indeed. It will depend more on the Trade roll and in game circumstances but, as a general context affecting those deals, yes. The selling of your used fittings would probably be cheaper as well and get you less money for the same reasons/context.

PS: As an aside, I didn't know what "a wet blanket on the progress of this game" meant before I Googled it. 😃 Thanks for teaching me that idiomatic expression.
More specifically, which world is the one that produces shuttles Astronacigation or Vehicle type planets?
Feb 22, 2024 12:18 am
Englene Station in the Dianreti system (05.07) produces more than usual amounts of Astronautic equipment. It's cheaper there.

Most other places, including Draco, can sell you a shuttle with more or less regular prices.
Feb 23, 2024 5:03 am
daryen says:
OOC:
I don't know what the board's rules on swearing are, so I am not doing so here. But she did.

OOC:
I've seen swearing, in channels and games. It's more about group comfort.
I don't do it but am fully ok with it.
We could put up a poll to see if everyone is ok with it?
Last edited February 23, 2024 5:04 am
Feb 23, 2024 5:07 am
OOC:
Most games I've played, it is just usually consensus about allowing or not. I'm not bothered reading it and as long as we're open to it. I might toss some out, if the dialog or scene seems to need it.
Feb 23, 2024 5:17 am
Obviously, I have zero problem with swearing being present. However, I do want to be respectful of others and not make anyone feel uncomfortable. I kinda split the difference with Erin's comments which, to be honest, can still make others uncomfortable. So, whatever the decision, I will stay inside the lines.
Feb 23, 2024 1:16 pm
PhoenixScientist says:

We could put up a poll to see if everyone is ok with it?

Swearing Public

Ok, when the dialog seems to need it
Implicit / redacted/ similar words (Fork this shirt)
Don't
Feb 24, 2024 4:01 am
Last edited February 24, 2024 4:01 am
Feb 24, 2024 8:41 am
htech sent a note to PhoenixScientist
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.