Hailing frequencies open (Intro & OOC chat)

load previous
Feb 24, 2024 9:52 am
I need a couple of days more before starting Chapter 4D (with Hank, Corbin, Mariella) as there may be someone else with them.
htech sent a note to PhoenixScientist
Feb 24, 2024 3:31 pm
Ok, cool. Looking forward to seeing who the new NPC is!
Feb 24, 2024 3:42 pm
Hi everyone, kinda of random, but do any of you have good recommendations on sci-fi books/book series? Specially if with a similar vibe to our campaign hahaha.
Feb 24, 2024 4:10 pm
I don't know if it's totally similar but I liked Dark Matter.
Feb 24, 2024 4:36 pm
I'd say go Old School. The Solar Queen series by Andre Norton, Foundation trilogy be Asimov (and not the later resumption), Dumarest of Terra, Space Vikings by Piper, things like that.

For video, go Star Wars. (No Roman numerals. No sub titles. No revisions. No animation. Just Star Wars.) Maybe season one of Mandalorian. The original Battlestar Galactica. Lost in Space is probably too old. 2001 for the aesthetic.
Feb 24, 2024 4:38 pm
Riddick has fun vibes, it's just an action movie though
Firefly is great, may be the closest to what we're doing.
Feb 24, 2024 4:40 pm
I love Asimov's Foundation (not the Amazon series, the books). His traders are the inspiration for our game's name
Feb 27, 2024 2:37 am
Is there a, or several, Interplanetary banks? How do credits work between planets?
Feb 27, 2024 1:28 pm
PhoenixScientist says:
Is there a, or several, Interplanetary banks? How do credits work between planets?
Yup. Within the ITC, its the same credits. Until Altairia, its simple. Outside known space... Its more complicated. We will see when we get there. =)
Feb 27, 2024 3:56 pm
As an aside, as I have Hank do various trade things, I am providing OOC comments to explain his reasoning. The purpose is so that if there is anything that Hank should know that I do not, you can point that out so I don't make a mistake that Hank should not have. That's not to say mistakes can't be made. Just that if Hank knows better, but I don't, I request a warning. (Heck, there could be times when Hank intentionally makes a "bad" decision. I just don't want to unknowingly do something Hank should have known better about.)

Thanks!
Feb 28, 2024 1:36 am
One of the things that I am not sure of, is if it's better to

1. Have shorter and more focused threads, even if it is just 5-6 messages long (like I did in chapter 4E) or;

2. to keep a single thread in the forums but with 2-3 "internal timelines" in it as they're somewhat related and the thread would be longer / more relevant.

For instance, I have Hank, Corbin and Mercer in thread 4D. Would it be easier to follow if it were 3 smaller threads, as, for now, you're not interacting with each other?

@daryen,@Esidrix,@PhoenixScientist
Feb 28, 2024 1:41 am
I vote for a thread per story thread/group, switching chapters when a story arc is done.
Feb 28, 2024 2:09 am
I do not have strong feelings one way or the other. I can live with splitting them, or leaving them merged. I guess splitting keeps things a little cleaner, but then the threads pile up. I don't have enough experience to know which works better.
Feb 28, 2024 3:12 am
Speaking personally, I know creating more threads tends to pile up, but helps me differentiate all the stuff that was happening at the same time, I have literally being reading past chapters like a book and taking notes, and having them be concise is great for organization.
Feb 28, 2024 1:27 pm
Keeping the relevant characters in the same thread. With as many active players as we have, it can be a lot to scroll through to find 'my' part.
Feb 28, 2024 7:45 pm
My preference is to keep related activities/story arcs in the same thread. Having separate threads is more concise, but I've found that I tend to ignore or gloss over threads that don't involve my character(s), particularly if there's dozens of posts/updates in which I'm not involved. While that's good for my role-playing ("What's been going on with you?"), it's detrimental to my sense as a player of what's happening in a larger story. Some amount of this in inevitable, particularly in a SF game where groups of characters are far enough apart that communication can't happen in real-time. But anything that we can do to reduce the number of such threads has my vote.
Feb 29, 2024 12:10 am
Thank you for the feedback. I will take all that in consideration for the next threads. =)
Feb 29, 2024 12:21 am
Having finished the character conversion, please increase all PCs and secondary characters hit points now by a flat +10:

Character Max HP
Corbin 29
Mercer 21
Slaine 21
Peter 12
Hank 16
Douklan 23
Erin13
Mariella17
Jil28

For the next level up, we will also add +10 to the roll (ie. 3d6+(3×Con mod)+10 for a level 3 Expert)

If I got the wrong number for someone, please let me know.
Feb 29, 2024 2:33 am
The ones I know (Hank, Erin, Jil, and Mariella) all look correct.
Feb 29, 2024 3:27 am
Correct for Slaine and Mercer
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.