The trouble with Fey Relations

load previous

Malgrim

Psybermagi

Apr 25, 2024 12:34 pm
As Ultime and the smith shuffle, Mina cowers but tries to shield the girl and Aizshi moves to confront the priest.

Malgrim

I was solving it peacefully! Leave and I might still be able to fix this mess you have made
OOC:
Technically attacking without proficiency is at disadvantage. But that is to do damage. Tackling is a basic manuver in my mind so a standard test is fine. Tackle and disarm are 2 actions, focus is a 3rd so pick 2. But the smith likely has good grip strength on the heavy hammmr from swinging something similar for hours daily
Apr 25, 2024 10:13 pm
Mina seems frozen in terror and indecision as she guards the little girl.
OOC:
Mina did a lot of negotiating and spell-lifting to bring us to the point, so now I'd like to allow the boys a chance to shine! I'll step forward when it makes sense for her to have a surge of courage, but 'til then, I'm happy to let them take the lead on things.
Apr 26, 2024 8:23 am
Ultime watches the smith’s movements briefly before lunging for the hammer.
OOC:
Let’s try for Focus and Disarm.

Rolls

Disarm Thagren - (2d6)

(42) = 6

Apr 26, 2024 8:37 am
You call this peaceful? You abduct a fey child, you force other to do your bidding and you have used your beast to kill to keep this a secret. If you really want to avoid bloodshed, explain all this to us!
Aizashi shouts at the priest, anger rising in his voice.
OOC:
I'm not gonna do anything yet, Aizashi is prepared but waits for Malgrim's response.
Apr 26, 2024 1:04 pm
Ultime gets a good grip on the hammer and twist with all his might, wrestling it from the smiths massive grip.

Thagren Ironforge

Unfortunately the smith does not seem to mind the loss of his tool and simply uses his now free hands to grab Ultime and crush him with his thick and heavily muscled arms.

Malgrim

Ha! The fey abduct others children all the time. I saw a need and so used they fey custom against them for once. Only fitting. The villagers will come to no harm. I am only forced to this due to your meddling.
That hag would never be able to do anything to the village without the help of fools like you. Do you know how much trouble they cause, how much pain and suffering? And now one feels the bite of their own tricks and suddenly all you fools rush to their aid?

Malgrim is obviously very upset and passionate. Any time he mentions the fey you easily detect his hatred and loathing of them.

The storm clouds above grow in width and darken as the wind around you begins to pick up as well.

Rolls

Thagren wrstling - (2d6, 2d6)

2d6 : (32) = 5

2d6 : (23) = 5

Apr 26, 2024 2:35 pm
And what of the children? They are being harmed. And manipulating everyone's memories seems a harmful action as well! Leave it be!
Turning his attention to Ultime for a moment he asks Ultime, are you okay?
Last edited April 26, 2024 2:35 pm

Malgrim

Psybermagi

Apr 26, 2024 4:04 pm
Malgrim

Of course I would not harm the children. This is all for the children. Even that one! and he waves at the cowering Lirael. I wanted her to know the true meaning of family and love. Something fey are incapable of doing. Do you know how they raise their young? How they are treated? I do! Ask her, ask her if she was better off with that hag or here in town. And now you stripped my illusions from her so she remembers that dreadful past and is frightened and confused. This is all you fault. How is taking away the pain and helping everyone to move onwards together as a community harming anyone. The only one upset is that hag because one of her things was taken. They view children as properly. Did you know that?
Apr 26, 2024 4:46 pm
Malgrim's words tug at Mina's conscience. Had she not done very similar deeds at the Andar Correctional Facility? But... what she had done... it wasn't the same as what he'd done here. Right...?? Gah!

Distraught and torn in different directions, the healer looks back and forth between Ultime and the girl, then quickly kneels next to the child. "Were you unhappy when you lived with your biological mother??" she presses urgently.

Lirael

Psybermagi

Apr 26, 2024 4:55 pm
Lirael

Giving you and odd look Biological? You mean the human woman, mother Linene? She was great. She cared for me, loved me, and treated me great

Mina quickly corrects the girl on her meaning

Oh, you mean Tothandreal? The one the villagers call the Hag? No, I wasn't unhappy. Living with the fey is fun. You play all day and sleep whenever you want, do what you want, go where you want. But I didn't really live with mother Tothandreal. She just checked on me occasionally and taught me things when she had time. I know she likes me because she was much nicer to me than to the other fey.
Apr 26, 2024 10:15 pm
And what of the consequences then? The children who have been taken from their homes? Surely you must see that there are people who are suffering from your actions. Why not break all the spells, explain everything to everyone and if Lirael wants to forget it could be arranged... But she doesn't seem to have many bad memories so far.
Aizashi keeps arguing with Malgrim, trying to make him understand an other point of view.
Apr 27, 2024 1:59 am
ChrSch says:
And what of the children? They are being harmed. And manipulating everyone's memories seems a harmful action as well! Leave it be!
Turning his attention to Ultime for a moment he asks Ultime, are you okay?
I’m -oof- fine! he calls distractedly. Just get him to stop hurting people! Although Ultime is too busy to make a longer argument, his short sentence seems to sum up his sentiments on Malgrim’s actions and history.

He then puts a renewed effort into his struggle with the smith. Though Thagren is the bigger of them, Ultime is in his element in the forest. He just barely holds his own by twisting so that branches slap Thagren’s face in distraction, and rocks undermine his footing. Taking his cue from the ground, he tries to maneuver Thagren over to some jutting roots and trip him up.
OOC:
It seems like Thagren did not manage any damage with those rolls? Ultime wants trip him and pin him to the ground, part two of his "Keep ‘em busy" plan. If possible, he will Focus again and then go for the throw.

Rolls

Tackle Thagren - (2d6)

(22) = 4

Apr 27, 2024 10:42 pm
Ironforge

Ultime continues his wrestling match with the smith. Thankfully the man does not seem to be focusing well or it would likely be over as the man is obviously much stronger and heavier. Moving them of the trail he does not mage to trip the smith. Thagren roars and moves to lift Ultime and slam him to the ground. 1 damage Ultime is thrown off of the smith but rolls with the throw and regain his feet.

Malgrim

The priest grows increasingly impatient. I know the hag in question has stolen other human children and left their vile changelings in their stead. Do not lay at my feet her crimes. If you had not interfered I am sure I could have found and saved the children the fey stole from us. So the question is, why do you blame me for this when it is she who started it all. Years ago with that absurd fey practice of swapping babies.

As for the rest, I need not explain myself to the likes of you. Now surrender the girl and leave or face the consequences.

Malgrim ignores any further words and begins mutternig words and tracing a symbol in the ground at his feet that glows.

Rolls

Thagren lift & body slams Ultime - (2d6, 2d6)

2d6 : (13) = 4

2d6 : (61) = 7

Apr 28, 2024 7:55 am
OOC:
guess we gotta slap some sense into him then...
Is Aizashi standing close to him already or does he have to move?
Realizing he is not getting anywhere, Aizashi closes the distance and attacks Malgrim.

Rolls

Unarmed attack - (2d6)

(35) = 8

Apr 28, 2024 8:23 pm
OOC:
close enough to not need a movement to slap the priest silly. I more action from Aizashi
Apr 29, 2024 8:22 am
OOC:
well then in that case :)
After connecting with a blow to Malgrim's midsection, Aizashi follows up with a knee thrust towards Malgrim's face.
Last edited April 29, 2024 8:24 am

Rolls

Follow up attack - (2d6)

(55) = 10

Apr 30, 2024 8:59 am
Ultime comes out of his roll and takes a small step back so he can check on the others. Seeing Aizashi engaged with Malgrim, he quickly turns his attention to Mina and the girl.

Get her behind a tree or something. I don’t know what that priest is brewing, but you shouldn’t stay close enough to find out. He draws himself up, resisting a wince of pain. And keep an eye out for that fey woman. I’ve got this under control, he motions casually back at Thagren, so try to get her on our side. He spares one last look at the pair before turning back to the smith.

Approaching him warily, Ultime watches his movements, waiting for the right moment to rush in and catch him off balance.
OOC:
(narrator voice) Ultime does NOT have this under control.

He’s mostly fine, but you don’t need a roll to see that he’s putting on a brave face. He will Focus again and try to knock Thagren to the ground.

Rolls

Knock Thagren down - (2d6)

(25) = 7

Apr 30, 2024 12:57 pm
Malgrim

Aizashi's rapid approach and attacks seems to surprise Malgrim who felt the small beast without a weapon the least threatening of your group. (He should have paid more attention when you were talking with the kids). The priest is knocked back with a shocked and angry look ok his face. You seal your fate then! and utters a final word. Much as feared something begins to emerge from the rune, rising up covered in the glow so that you can not yet see its form.
OOC:
Sweep the leg!
Thagren Ironforge

Ultimem rushes upon the smith and feints then dodges and kicks out with his long legs, knocking the smith back off of his feet. As the smith rolls to get back up you note that though his eyes still glow he is starting to look angry whereas before it was more of a blank face despite his words and actions.

Lirael

Lirael clutches onto Miram, who only gets a sense of nervousness from the girl who whimpers Make them stop, I just want the fighting to stop .
May 1, 2024 2:05 am
Mina ducks down with the little girl into a small ravine. Ears flattening, she turns desperate eyes back to the sky, searching for signs of the hag as she grips the girl's arm "reassuringly."

Nothing here was making sense... The priest didn't like the fey... Some of them had hurt him... The hag didn't get along with other fey, either. Shouldn't the two of them have common ground? Unless...

Her terror overshadowed by a sudden sense of purpose, Mina turns urgently to the elvish child. Stay hidden. I will stop them.

With that, the foxkin dashes out at top speed, whizzing past Ultime and the blacksmith and past the glowing rune. Slipping by Aizashi, she throws herself headlong into Malgrim. She wraps her arms around the man in an embrace that almost looks romantic, bringing her gloveless hands up to the back of his shaved head and burying her face in his chest like a frightened child.

As their skin meets, she thrusts forward with her magic, feeling for any enchantments that may be shadowing the priest's mind and seeking to remove them.

Rolls

Removing Curse from Malgrim??? - (3d6)

(632) = 11

May 1, 2024 3:43 am
As Mira slams into the priest the two tumble over and she ends up a bit closer than expected. What was also not expected was what her healing revealed. As her magic surges into the man she feels magic peeling away. And with it material. Mina now finds herself laying atop a much younger male with much less clothing than is proper!
https://prompthero.com/rails/active_storage/representations/proxy/eyJfcmFpbHMiOnsibWVzc2FnZSI6IkJBaEpJaWswT1Raa05EQmpNQzFpWTJGaExUUXpOVEF0WVRnM1pDMDBaR001T1dZNE1UbG1PV0VHT2daRlZBPT0iLCJleHAiOm51bGwsInB1ciI6ImJsb2JfaWQifX0=--b7018a1ca07e21e4f3763dbd3ae37f0bf3bf150d/eyJfcmFpbHMiOnsibWVzc2FnZSI6IkJBaDdDRG9MWm05eWJXRjBPZ2wzWldKd09oUnlaWE5wZW1WZmRHOWZiR2x0YVhSYkIya0NBQWd3T2dwellYWmxjbnNKT2hOemRXSnpZVzF3YkdWZmJXOWtaVWtpQjI5dUJqb0dSVlE2Q25OMGNtbHdWRG9PYVc1MFpYSnNZV05sVkRvTWNYVmhiR2wwZVdsZiIsImV4cCI6bnVsbCwicHVyIjoidmFyaWF0aW9uIn19--935666d13f63ed5aca9daa2416340e3a90b6014e/prompthero-prompt-7136c4ae393.png

https://preview.redd.it/brr3oe9xhnm61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=28f53bc2fc1590650b1671c5d174edb1351e9de1Meanwhile The summons finishes and Aizashi now finds himself facing a large hound that growls menacingly at him before leaping to attack. Aizashi moves to block or counter attack only to having the thing vanish after it initial attack. Whirling around he spots it 50' back growling with hackles raised and it lopes easily in a circle around Aizashi.

Thagren Ironforge

Thagren tried to grab one of Ultimem's feet to drag him down then wrestle himself atop the hunter but all he manages to do is scramble around in the dirt
Neither of you are proficient in unarmed combat so all rolls are at disadvantage

Rolls

Fey hound Attack VS Aizashi - (2d6)

(21) = 3

Thragen attacks - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (4) = 4

May 1, 2024 8:25 am
Ultime breathes out a "ha" of victory as the smith goes down, but before he can fall on his opponent a blur streaks by. He just barely dodges Thagren’s reach as he watches the priest’s transformation. Seeing that change, he moves to alter his own tactics. He kneels beside the smith in a moment when he’s distracted by the hound and puts a firm but gentle hand on his chest.

Hey, he says, trying for a calm tone but still getting an edge of uncertainty. Let’s calm down. We’re all friends here. We can just... sit together, he suggests soothingly. He tries to hold Thagren’s gaze as he speaks, and finishes with a hopeful smile.
OOC:
Ultime is hoping to calm Thagren out of the spell. Ultime also has no idea what he’s doing or how spells work. But Mina can do it, so it’s worth a try, right? :P

Rolls

Calm Thagren down - (2d6)

(35) = 8

Save - (2d6)

(46) = 10

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.