ChrSch / Aizashi Nobara

Jan 7, 2024 8:12 am
Welcome @ChrSch

This thread is for your character creation. Take a look at welcome and character creation.

If you have any questions you can post them here or if you think they are general on the Q&A
Jan 7, 2024 8:16 am
I can walk you through things. Read over the topics posted above and review the standard message to becomes from one of the site admins below.
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome, xxx!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
I can give you a quick intro if you give a bit of info on your background/interest in RPG
Jan 7, 2024 11:30 am
That sounds good thanks.
I've been playing RPGs of all kinds in video game format. And have always been interested in games like DnD, but never really had a chance to play. I was aware of forum-based games when I was younger, but since most of them were in English I didn't get anything out of them, since I didn't speak any back then.
I've been following channels like Critical Role, Viva la Dirtleague, and Table Stories for a while.
Now I finally got over myself and decided to actually try and play myself, rather than just lurking.
Last edited January 7, 2024 11:51 am
Jan 7, 2024 2:54 pm
Hi, if something in my character doesn't fit anywhere, let me know, and I'll change it.
Jan 7, 2024 11:41 pm
A couple things on your character
+ Which sense did you want Aizashi to have heightened? I assume smell
+ I have all characters start with a minor magic item, see character creation for details, that is useful but has no mechanical advantage (+damage, invisibility, etc)
+ Even with martial arts you may want a weapon. With martial arts having a ranged weapon might be nice. Ex : throwing starts/darts/chakra

When you are ready and happy with the character go ahead and post in character (see the character creation thread) on the "Who's Who" thread and the Preferred Posting Rate survey

When both of those are done I will start Aizashi in a story

PS : Nice Avatar :)
Jan 8, 2024 2:42 am
Okay, I'll get right on that to fix that. I left the weapon open because I wasn't sure if a ranged weapon would be allowed alongside martial artist.

And, thanks :))
Jan 8, 2024 2:49 am
Martial Artist is explicitly in addition to the base weapon proficiency. In fact, choosing ranged with Martial Artist makes a ton of sense as you Unarmed proficiency should cover melee just fine. Not only is it allowed, it's a great choice!
Jan 8, 2024 2:53 am
Okay, that makes sense.
In my character sheet it says:
You can select Unarmed as a Weapon Group to be proficient with. You must select a particular martial arts attack as your Mastered Weapon.

Are those the ones from the tiny dungeons player handbooks? Or is that something for when proficiency has gone up far enough?
Last edited January 8, 2024 3:03 am
Jan 8, 2024 3:03 am
"Mastered" means you can test with advantage, 3d6 instead of the standard 2d6. Ignore it for now as I have newcomers begin without any mastered weapons or attacks. But if you stick around you git a new trait or mastery pretty quick
Jan 8, 2024 3:04 am
Psybermagi says:
"Mastered" means you can test with advantage. Ignore it for now as I have newcomers begin without any mastered weapons or attacks. But if you stick around you git a new trait or mastery pretty quick
Okay. Perfect :)
Jan 8, 2024 3:15 am
@Psybermagi has to answer that one.

I am not sure where that description is drawn from. That's not how it works "by the book".

In TD2e, you can't explicitly choose Unarmed as a weapon group proficiency. You can only get it through the Martial Arts trait. You can't have any Mastery with unarmed in TD2e. Instead you can gain Martial Arts Disciplines as a prestige trait. (And they are cool! They are worth getting if you take Martial Arts first.)

However, other games in the Tiny D6 family do change things up some. In Tiny Supers, you can take Unarmed as a weapon group proficiency and can get Mastery, too. (The mastery there is typically listed as "Haymaker", which is just their big punch.) Maybe that's the idea of where the text you mention is taken from. In that case, the mastery would be "punch", "haymaker", "roundhouse kick", "karate chop", or something like that.

Do note that even if you can get Unarmed proficiency without Martial Artist, the trait is still worthwhile. This is because if you use Martial Artist, you do get that other proficiency, you get that one reroll a day, and you unlock the ability to take those Martial Arts Disciplines. And, you can probably still get Mastery in "karate chop" later, too, after gaining experience.
Jan 8, 2024 4:54 am
Psybermagi says:
A couple things on your character
+ Which sense did you want Aizashi to have heightened? I assume smell
+ I have all characters start with a minor magic item, see character creation for details, that is useful but has no mechanical advantage (+damage, invisibility, etc)
+ Even with martial arts you may want a weapon. With martial arts having a ranged weapon might be nice. Ex : throwing starts/darts/chakra

When you are ready and happy with the character go ahead and post in character (see the character creation thread) on the "Who's Who" thread and the Preferred Posting Rate survey

When both of those are done I will start Aizashi in a story

PS : Nice Avatar :)
Done and done.
I added "sensitive nose" or should it be sensitive smell? "Binding Bands" into the gear. Added Darts as a weapon and voted on the post rate :)
Jan 8, 2024 7:41 am
daryen says:
@Psybermagi has to answer that one.

I am not sure where that description is drawn from. That's not how it works "by the book".

In TD2e, you can't explicitly choose Unarmed as a weapon group proficiency. You can only get it through the Martial Arts trait. You can't have any Mastery with unarmed in TD2e. Instead you can gain Martial Arts Disciplines as a prestige trait. (And they are cool! They are worth getting if you take Martial Arts first.)

However, other games in the Tiny D6 family do change things up some. In Tiny Supers, you can take Unarmed as a weapon group proficiency and can get Mastery, too. (The mastery there is typically listed as "Haymaker", which is just their big punch.) Maybe that's the idea of where the text you mention is taken from. In that case, the mastery would be "punch", "haymaker", "roundhouse kick", "karate chop", or something like that.

Do note that even if you can get Unarmed proficiency without Martial Artist, the trait is still worthwhile. This is because if you use Martial Artist, you do get that other proficiency, you get that one reroll a day, and you unlock the ability to take those Martial Arts Disciplines. And, you can probably still get Mastery in "karate chop" later, too, after gaining experience.
Thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind and an eye open.
Jan 9, 2024 1:03 am
@Psybermagi
will you let me know where to go to start the ball rolling or if I'm still missing something?
Jan 9, 2024 2:56 am
You're good I just had to get through my existing games, then work. I will get you started tonight. I will drop an into here and point you to the active story via a link.
Jan 9, 2024 3:20 am
Okay, great. Just wanted to make sure that I got everything right so far :)
Jan 9, 2024 3:45 am
Aizashi Nobara looked out over the rolling hills spotted with trees, streams, rivers, and lush fields. Thinking back over his tine in the monestary had honed his body and spirit to set him on his path. Sencing his desire the monestaries head had called him to talk beefore sending him out into the world well provisioned.
Flashback says:
Harbin Wester
]Your time with us is near it end and though we can still teach you much we feel you will learn more by walking the world outside out walls. I have had a pack prepared for you that you need not rely on the grace of others on your journeys. But take care to always be diligent and help those you see in need. It is on this note I have called you at this time.

Word has come of strang thing happening in a small valley to the north. One of the traveling frials heard tell of strange creatures fom a neighboring village but when he went to were the trouble was reported to be he could find noting and the villages all claimed the area to be peaceful. This on it's own is not enough but as the friar left the valley he saw a marlformed creature of the fey hidding in the shadows, watching him leave. Knowing the fey to be beyond him he feigned ignorance and left leasurely only to send an urgent message form the next village.

I ask you to go to the valley, several days to the north and look into it. A hunter form the neighboring village has been contracted to help you and relay messages as needed. Will you do this thing?
Aizashi had agreed and been gifted the Binding bands. They were found in the monestary armory and they were reported to be able to seal the magic of any fey he bound with them.

Now with the valley laid out before him Aizashi looks about for the landmarks to direct him to find the hunter he was told would be especting him

Roll a Test, 2d6, to find and identify where you are to meet the hunter. If you feel a trait or your background can give you any benefits in a test simply state your reasoning and roll accordingly.
EX: monks study the basic of herbalism, health, and can read and write... (add details about your background to yoru character note section if you have specific ideas)
OOC:
I didnt see any details on the binding bands so gave them a clasic funtion to tie into the story. Let me know what you intent was and we can work out the details before you need to use them

I will pull up your story and give you the pointer link then. For now your story will be here.
Jan 9, 2024 6:22 am
Watching the valley in front of him Aizashi thinks to himself

I really wish I had brought a map with me.

Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. Maybe someone is around to point me in the right direction. he says cheerfully, yet realizing that he is alone.

I really ought to stop talking to myself. he thinks as he sets off in what he hopes is the right direction

I'll find the Hunter, maybe I can get their scent somewhere down there he exclaims joyfully
Last edited January 9, 2024 6:23 am

Rolls

Orientation test - (2d6)

(64) = 10

Jan 9, 2024 6:29 am
Aizashi spots a likely landmark and sniffs the wind as he nears what he thinks is the right spot and catches a hint of human nearby.
Jan 9, 2024 6:45 am
Aizashi locks in on the smell and starts to follow it. Remembering that there were reports of strange things happening he decided to be a little cautious about it.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.