[Recruitment Thread] Dresden Files FAE

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 16, 2024 5:10 pm
If there are any spots, I'd be happy to play any setting--I've been looking to give FATE via PBP a try.
Jan 16, 2024 5:12 pm
gnomius says:

Yes, I prefer Core too, but DFA is not as simple as vanilla FAE, I was positively surprised by it.
The page count alone is an encouraging difference.
Jan 16, 2024 5:12 pm
MinMin says:
If there are any spots, I'd be happy to play any setting--I've been looking to give FATE via PBP a try.
So far I haven't chosen players, and won't be until EOD Friday 1/19.
Jan 16, 2024 5:28 pm
Great--I love the Butcher series, so I'd be completely onboard with that as well, but I'm open to just about anything.
Jan 16, 2024 9:11 pm
After some input and deliberation I've decided to run Dresden Files Fate Accelerated Edition. Everyone who's expressed interest is still being considered, and I'll choose players after End of Day Friday 1/19.
Jan 16, 2024 9:12 pm
Do we need to own that particular book?
Jan 16, 2024 9:13 pm
No, if you own Fate Core, Fate Accelerated or Fate Condensed I can walk you through the differences.

Also I'd like to run a public game.
Jan 16, 2024 9:16 pm
I'm interested, but let's set the location somewhere away from Chicago
Jan 16, 2024 9:17 pm
runekyndig says:
I'm interested, but let's set the location somewhere away from Chicago
Easily done. I want to do some world building before we start play. We can decide where to set the game as a group.
Jan 16, 2024 9:26 pm
As a side note, Fate Condensed is available from DriveThruRPG as a Pay What You Will purchase.
Jan 17, 2024 7:23 am
gnomius says:
JoshuaMabry says:
Not sure I want to go that route. I prefer Fate Core to Fate Accelerated in general. I'll give it a look though.
Yes, I prefer Core too, but DFA is not as simple as vanilla FAE, I was positively surprised by it.
In fact, DFA is considerably more involved than Core! It's very cool, though, and *miles* better than the original DF Fate game.
Jan 17, 2024 9:03 am
@Harrigan are you throwing your name in?
Last edited January 17, 2024 9:04 am
Jan 17, 2024 10:11 am
I would love to play. I'm running low on games, and love me some Dresden and FATE/FAE
Jan 17, 2024 11:48 am
I'd also love to join this game if there's room. :D I've played a FAE game here on GP before and I've run a one-shot of it in RL. That's about as far as my FATE knowledge goes. I'd have to read up on the Dresden Files, though.
Jan 17, 2024 5:16 pm
Huge Dresdenfan here! Loved the audiobooks (James Marsters 4 the win!), read the short stories, inhaled the comics... you get it.

I have the PDFs at home, but never haved played the system(s). Would be willing to do a little bit of learning. 🤩

All hail the Za-Lord!

PS.: Dips on the Summer Mantle. 😉
Jan 17, 2024 5:53 pm
If another player is needed, I'd like to play as well. It has been a while, but I have read a few of the novels. I might need some pointers regarding the system, though :)
Jan 17, 2024 8:38 pm
I haven't read any of the novels or know much about the world. With so much interest from people who know the lore, I'll step back from my interest.
Jan 17, 2024 9:06 pm
DFA's a great conversion of the setting and good, crunchy implementation of FAE. Have fun running and playing it!
Jan 18, 2024 3:43 am
JoshuaMabry says:
@Harrigan are you throwing your name in?
Nope. No time!

Have fun, though!
Jan 20, 2024 11:43 am
Wow okay, thanks to everyone who's expressed interest. There are enough players here for me to run two games if I chose. Unfortunately I do not have the time, otherwise I would.

I don't want to exclude anyone who's posted here, so we'll fall back on ye olde random number generator to help decide who gets an invite.

runekyndig
gnomius
Thunder_Lungz
pixelated_pixie_princess
Sardis
MinMin
The_Librarian
TheGenerator
soises
Adrasthea

Rolls

Roll #1 - (1d10)

(2) = 2

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.