Insert title with a variation of "Hello" here

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 26, 2024 9:06 pm
Hello all,

I'm Paul, a French guy, almost 30 years old, living in Poland.

I've discovered tabletops watching youtube during the pandemic while pretending to work.
Unfortunately, I never had any friends playing it and living abroad meant that it's almost impossible for me to find a party of player to play around a table.

To make things "worst", there is a baby on the road, and with that too much responsibilities to dedicate long weekly session of a game.

My dream of ever playing was then crushed until I discovered that there was such thing as play by post.

I really hope to be able to join a game where I could learn the basics and enjoy a good time role playing.
The good point with my lack of knowledge though, is that I am open to everything.
Fantasy settings are my favourite but I also love History so if someone is interested in running a real history game, I would be more than happy to join.

I apologize in advance for any weird phrase structure. The issue with English and French being quite similar is that I often wrongly assume that words have the same meaning.

I am really looking forward to writing with you :)
Jan 26, 2024 9:08 pm
Greetings and Salutations!
Jan 26, 2024 9:08 pm
Welcome, MoyenBateau!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jan 26, 2024 9:11 pm
Welcome @MoyenBateau! Lots of fantasy games going on here - wishing you luck and lots of fun as you find some games that work for you!
Jan 26, 2024 9:18 pm
Welcome to GP, MoyenBateau!
Jan 26, 2024 9:29 pm
Welcome - I also joined when I became a father.
Stick around
Keep an eye on the games Tavern
Pick an avatar
and soon you will find your first game. There are plenty of public games that you can follow along with to get a feel for the format.
Jan 26, 2024 10:51 pm
Salut et bienvenue! Your English is probably a lot better than the average GP-ers French, so no need to apologize.
Last edited January 26, 2024 10:52 pm
Jan 26, 2024 10:56 pm
Welcome, stranger. But, I'll bet I'm stranger. I already enjoy your sense of humor. You will do well here.
Jan 27, 2024 1:29 am
Welcome! Play by post is a great platform for those of us who can't play face to face for whatever reason. Hope you find some games to join!
Jan 27, 2024 3:01 am
@MoyenBateau, although I might prefer MoyenGateau, haha. Seriously, welcome and have a look around. Any questions arise and many would be happy to assist.
Jan 27, 2024 4:41 am
Welcome to the community, MoyenBateau!
Jan 27, 2024 8:45 am
Thanks a lot for all your nice messages. I was told the community is great and welcoming and I see it was right.
Thank you also for the links and tips. I will make sure to read all that before looking for a game.
Jan 27, 2024 9:14 am
Bonjour et bienvenue! :)
Jan 28, 2024 1:04 am
Welcome to gamersplane.com!
[ +- ] Tiny Invitation
Jan 28, 2024 8:18 am
Psybermagi says:
Welcome to gamersplane.com!
[ +- ] Tiny Invitation
It sounds great and would be a great opportunity for me to learn.
Jan 28, 2024 12:18 pm
Welcome to GamersPlane!

I wouldn't worry about your English skills. From what I've seen yours is better than the average American's grasp of the language 😂

What period or focus for a Historical game would you be interested in?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.