Hello from a newbie!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 6, 2024 12:42 am
Hello all

Been listening to a few D&D podcast campaigns over the last year and it’s got me wanting to try playing! Been lurking the internet to get a jump start before trying to play. I picked up the Dragonwreck isle starter set for the rulebook and information. Looking to pick up the players handbook soon. The PBP way of playing seems like it would be a good way to start, it’s not as fast so there is more time to see how everyone else plays and figure out my next moves. Looks like a fun hobby that will be around for a long time, and something I can do with my kids once they get a little older. Watched one guy play a Bluey themed campaign with his kids and thought that was pretty neat.

Looking forward to learning and playing!
Feb 6, 2024 12:50 am
Welcome PapaHardel. I hope that you find the hobby as fun and creatively rewarding as so many do.
Feb 6, 2024 12:59 am
Welcome!
Feb 6, 2024 4:36 am
Welcome, PapaHardel!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Feb 6, 2024 4:41 am
Most people here on GamersPlane are very accepting of people new to the Roleplaying and PbP experience. Don't be afraid to ask questions and for advice or where to find resources to help you discover the hobby!

Welcome Aboard!
Feb 6, 2024 6:29 am
Welcome to GP, PapaHardel!
Feb 6, 2024 9:24 am
Welcome :)
Feb 6, 2024 3:33 pm
Welcome to GP, PapaHardel!
Feb 6, 2024 5:15 pm
Welcome to the site and the hobby!
Feb 6, 2024 7:10 pm
Welcome to GP
Feb 6, 2024 11:28 pm
Welcome! Hope PbP gives you some great insights on how RPGs play out!
Feb 29, 2024 2:08 pm
Welcome to gamersplane.com!
[ +- ] Tiny Invitation

You do not have permission to post in this thread.