Cathamber / Arc Zeekhad

Feb 19, 2024 4:42 pm
@Cathamber : Welcome

This thread is for your character creation. Take a look at welcome and character creation.

If you have any questions you can post them here or if you think they are general on the Q&A
Feb 21, 2024 10:58 pm
Thanks for accepting new characters!

I was thinking about some sort of diplomat/negotiator. There are plenty of fighters and rogues in the adventure already!

As a first draft:
1. Beastfolk - Giant Crow
2. Traits: Beast speaker & insightful (hoping to learn 'charismatic' later)
3. Weapon Group: Ranged (hopefully using some sort of recurved short bow, so he could use it even when flying)
4. Trade: trader? negotiator?... not sure how to approach this. Probably a trade that would suit a future diplomat could be a son of a shop-keeper or inn-keeper... All suggestions here are welcomed.
5. "For peace and honor"

I already created a Character Sheet (as draft) and submitted it to the game for feedback. This is the first time I am using this 'tinyd6' system, hopefully I got it right :) .
Feb 22, 2024 5:43 am
ranged group, bow weapon
if you want you could be a noble or merchant ambassador vs shop/merchant
and a belt of holding
Looks like you are good to go.

FYI - If you get charismatic I am working on a Bardic magic trait, or you can focus on Beast Speaker and become a druid with animal companions. But that is far in the future. I will get your story going tomorrow.
Feb 22, 2024 5:51 am
Excellent!
About the trade, I'd love it if he 'earns' the noble title... within the adventure. And having a trader's past would allow him to have a good eye at evaluating quality and worth of goods.

For the future, I'd say he will prefer the Bardic magic option... but he'll see that when he gets there.

As for posting frequency, I'll be around every other day (if I can honestly post more often, I will... but shouldn't commit to it).

Thx!!
Last edited February 22, 2024 6:24 am
Feb 22, 2024 1:43 pm
Please post to
- the Who's Who thread a shot intro to your character
- The Posting Rate Poll

I am thinking of pulling you in with a couple other novices in the Fey Relations story but will give you an lead in story fist.
If you can post here, or as part of your who's who, what prompt Arc to leave the life of a merchant to go adventuring then I will start your intro
Feb 22, 2024 3:00 pm
Sounds great!
A quico question... I know some sistems allow for a special/optional TRADE at the start based on 'weaknesses'...
I'm thinking aloud here, maybe we can further flavor this character by having a constant disadventage (f.e. fear of enclosed spaces) in exchage for a new trait (f.e. charismatic).
I am guessing this fear would mean he avoids underground, or very small rooms without Windows (he could go through corridos as long as he thinks he is just passing theough). Regarding mechanics, just treat most rolls that require concentration as at disadventage when affected (except for trait-related ones).

Do you think that could work?
Feb 22, 2024 3:12 pm
I've convinced this but decided to not use the mechanic to keep it simple for beginners. If your want the character flaw for the challenge go for it. As a bonus you are totally in afraid of heights and are protective to weather changes. But again that not mechanics just flavor.

FYI you gain your first additional trait very quickly in my game
Feb 22, 2024 3:55 pm
Alright then, Arc is somewhat afraid of underground but not to a mechanics-affecting degree... And somewhat protected to weather changes. As a bird-based flying character I need to assume he loves heights!

I've already voted on the posting rate poll.
I'll write the who's who intro shortly.
Thx!
Feb 22, 2024 10:23 pm
Who's who post done!
As I look at it, already posted... I realized it resulted longer than I had thought. Hopefully that is not a problem, but I can shorten it if required.

Arc is ready, probably in an unknown small town (or wherever you see fit), to be involved in adventure.
Feb 22, 2024 11:55 pm
Well, you did an entire intro scene and yeah its a bit long.
Note to self ask for a short, 1 para graph, description next time :)
Leave it for now and I will pull it into the story you will be joining later tonight. After that if you could post a short description/bio of 1 paragraph I would appreciate it.
Feb 23, 2024 3:48 am
Quick question. How do your wings work. I am flexible on how you interpret wings but it can affect game play a bit. Standard options are
+ angelic wings on a biped, Birdfolk like this usually have hands and feet like a bird's talons. These are the easiest to play but I limit their size and cary capacity as their wings are not as dominant
+ anthropomorphic bird, 2 legs, 2 wings. The legs are prehensile. Due to how limited their grasping is I usually give these the best/strongest wings
+ bat/dinosaur like wings with a few finger/talons at the middle joint. These are in between the other two in their wing strength
Feb 23, 2024 3:49 am
The main doors flew open as a tall black-feathered Ravenfolk enters the tavern. He stopped for an instant by the entrance and spotted you on a table near the counter.
Hey Inanna, he half-shouted to the lady behind the counter while walking to the table. Have your usual red ale arrived? You know how I enjoy a pint after a hard day’s work.

The young lady winked him back when he finished asking, but her hands where already serving the fine stock way before. After all, he was a local, and they had been friends since childhood.

He sat and took the bag from his belt and put it on the table. Also reached for his bow and put it in the back of his chair. That way he would be much more comfortable for the conversation.
In an instant his big cold mug was in the table. Now, while his hand moved to grab the mug, he looked at you. I remember your question, and we have both arrived here, so I’ll do as I promised, but now… where to begin?

Arc drank a good mouthful from his mug.

You know, my parents have a store. It was a small one, when I was young. But my father became one of the merchants’ guild leaders, a member of the high trading council and his store grew as fast as his importance in the clan.

Arc takes a sip of ale, and leans back in the chair.

I enjoyed for a time helping him out with, well, the usual store tasks… helping customers, ordering products in the shelves, helping customers, giving messages, visiting suppliers, helping customers, and as I grew up also registering accounts. Did I mention helping customers? I can’t remember how many time my father stressed the importance of that one.

His eyes rolled high… He understood the importance of such task, but never got why the endless repetition of this insight from his father.

Anyhow, living in such large forests of the shattered lands meant my village was in the top of trees. You know? Canopy huts, canopy stores… a few thin hanging bridges for visitors. We usually just flew around. He laughs as he remembers something long forgotten. You know? There lived a retired bard, not far from the store. I’d visit her sometimes when very young to hear the stories of old, of wars and heroes. Latter, I mean, when I wasn’t that young, I’d go and learn bits of songs and some very basic flute techniques. It was fun! But I never finished the basic studies. She died of old age before I left my town.

Arc lifts his mug but suddenly he realizes that it is almost empty. He takes the final sip, and continues his tale.

Yes, of course, why did I leave? I’ve always been quite tall for a Ravenflok, way taller than most of my age. Some of the clan elders wanted me to pursue a military life. And my mother invited me to pursue a merchant’s life… constantly. I do love my mother, but she can be quite persistent! Well, she also taught me to love nature as she does. After turning of age, my father called me to have a talk.

You see, him and me, we used to talk a lot, play jokes, and well do stuff together, and with the rest of the family and clan. But only sometimes, every couple of years, he would invite me for a TALK. We would fly somewhere private, far from town, and he would provide serious council about life and death, and growing up and expectations, of rights and responsibilities.
Suddenly Arc grows a bit serious. Those talks were never long, never playful, never useless… they were truth to the bone, in a very efficient speech that wouldn’t allow for negotiation nor misinterpretation. I can’t speak like that, not even today after so many years! I learned a lot, I learned to love innovation and respect tradition. I learned the value of life... well, probably I am still learning that last one!

Out of thin air, Inanna had arrived and was changing the empty mug for a full one. You look thirsty today, Arc. He smiled at her. Thanks Ina! You know me too well already.

What were we talking about? Oh, sure… So, if I was to become a diplomat and help to bring peace to all the land, if I was to learn what was needed to do that, I had to leave the town. My mother was doubtful, my father supportive… specially when he revealed to me the existence of a Tower of Knowledge… most elders disappointed, and my siblings sad. Did I mention them before? I have 25 siblings. We avians usually have more siblings than other peoples, but my parents!! They married quite young and they… they loved having a big family!

He drank the full second mug in one fell swoop. It’s been 2 years now, the last one here in this town. I hope to visit them soon, but who knows. Of course, I still carry this. He motions proudly to a small patch in his chest belt with a coat of arms and a motto: For Peace And Honor. My family’s. And smiles.

Inanna

Psybermagi

Feb 23, 2024 4:36 am
Inanna
Well that quite the tale but what's next? I am sure it is not staying here. To quiet. To dull.
Back to the family or on to the tower? There are many legends but I am sure you've heard them all by now
she says with a smile.
Feb 23, 2024 7:38 am
So true, yes. You are smart as... well, as you always are. But you already know I'm not an official diplomat yet, so I won't be going home anytime soon: the Tower it is!
Arc lets this second mug relax his muscles, and the familiarity of the tavern relax his mind. He should sleep in town tonight, buy some food for the yourney in the morning, and be 'back on the road' after that.

Hey Ina, can I see again that old parchment with a map? Ina takes the old map from its hanging position in the wall You are the only one in town who have any interest in this old parchment, here. Arc studies, one more time, the forrests, the rivers, the towns, not to get lost in such a long yourney ahead. Specially since he will be flying most of the time to travel faster (that is, faster that walking).
Feb 23, 2024 7:54 am
OOC:

I would guess that Arc arrived at this town looking for working opportunities, like helping sort out local disputes by negotiation. Probably involving merchants or the local guard or some farmers. I'd assume he visited this tavern every night to say hi to his childhood friend, and also to eat and drink before going to sleep. Today is different in that he finished solving a dispute, all parties accepted the proposed terms, and he can leave the town happy that his job is fulfilled (and his coins' pouch a bit heavier). Of course, this wouldn't be the first town he visited in such spirit (he aims to the Tower but he has no hurry to get there), and regarding his diplomat training this hopefully IS the most successful town!
I'll leave the details to you.

Of course, if you want to rewind time a bit in order to roleplay some of those negotiations, I'll be happy to. I just think you may want to have Arc around the Base/Tower area soon. We could also encounter some unexpected situations in the road...
Last edited February 23, 2024 7:58 am
Feb 23, 2024 2:14 pm
OOC:
Sounds like you might have gotten some experience as a lawyer/arbiter
I am a bit confused about a childhood friend here after you left home, but assume either you move around or she left you home at some point? No big deal. Totally cool that you build so much story.
Yes you will have a couple encounters on the way to the tower :) (not evil grin at all) Avant!
The map is a patchwork or known, suspected, first hand, second hand, rumored detail put together after the shattering by a clerc working for the local lord while trying to recover some civilization after the shattering. The Tower was a great edifice with multiple smaller towers connected to it somehow, according to legend, and one of the reports from a traveler was of a "great tower taller than the sky". The report places it far to the east and south. Even flying it will likely take you several days. You will be leaving the western wild woods, yes some fool thought alliteration was funny, and crossing the grasslands. The tower was reported to be somewhere along a river at the western end of the swampy region.
OOC:
I do not track most essential supplies but you can add a few items to your starter pack as you wish. Use the stores located on the ~Tiny Info~ sheet. Check the "Stores" section and you can add what you like. Buy and sell at cheap prices, "C" column.

The ~Tiny Info~ has a bunch of information for quick reference and can be accessed by tapping the grey button below the Rolls section.
https://i.imgur.com/t8yLGy8.png or opening it from the Characters menus at the bottom of the page. Additional information can be added here upon request.

Common queries are added to Tiny Q&A

Go ahead and set yourself on your way when ready.
Feb 23, 2024 2:32 pm
OOC:
That's great!
About 'childhood friend', I'd suggest Arc left town before Inanna, so he was surprised to meet her here. Seems like she is in a path of her own, and travelled to this town while Arc was getting experience elsewhere.
In RL I am no lawyer, haha, that's why having such character will hopefully be fun for all.

Arc will buy some travelling stuff before sleeping this night, and depart at dawn ¿How much coin does he have?
Last edited February 23, 2024 2:33 pm
Feb 23, 2024 3:24 pm
OOC:
GP : 9 SP : 9 CP : 10
Good silver copper
It is below gear on the sheet
Feb 23, 2024 5:21 pm
OOC:
I justo relized I forgot to answers the type of wings, sorry about that!
Since he is already flying around, carrying small pouches/bags, and drinking mugs -with hands- in the tavern... It is between 1st and 3rd option.
I do have a strong preference for feathered rather than membrane-like wings, but I guess the 3rd option could be based on feathers also.
How different are size and carrying capacity between those two?
Also, I picked the magic bag because I wanted to avoid carrying capacity issues while travelling long distancie. Was It ok to assume that parte of it's magic diminushes not only size but also weight of the objectos kept within?
Feb 23, 2024 6:09 pm
OOC:
This system encourages not getting too nitty gritty so the whole wing configuration vs weigh is just conceptual.
It just made sense to me that the wing configuration would affect max load/speed.
A + angelic 2 arm / 2 leg / 2 wing walk/fly 50/50
B + anthropomorphic bird, 2 legs, 2 wings best flyer, improved distance/speed
C + Wings with 2-3 fingers Flight ~ run & Glide ~ walk

For the pouch I am fine with double capacity and half weight. This is a beginner minor magic not a full magic items so its effects are limited.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.