Chapter 4C: Street Justice

Feb 23, 2024 8:29 pm
Trade Era 1235, Day 137. 20:00 UTC

Streets, Postal Authority orbital station, Draco III

Quote:
As Slaine arrived at the docking bay of the warehouse on 321 Reckoning Way, Slaine's senses went on high alert. They scanned the area, their eyes darting from one shadowy corner to another, searching for any sign of movement or danger.

With a nod to Erin, Slaine took a deep breath and stepped forward, their hand resting on the hilt of their weapon. They approached the entrance to the warehouse with caution, their senses attuned to any potential threat that lay in wait. To their surprise, Alfredo was nowhere to be found. Instead, there was a group of four men inside, each clearly armed with guns, their expressions hardened and determined. As Slaine approached a window, another man appeared from behind, his pistol raised in a threatening gesture.

"You have no business here," he spat, his tone menacing. "Leave now, or we'll make you regret it."

"ITC Investigations. Drop your weapon." -Slaine draws their blade and closes with the man.

Map by 2-Minute Tabletop
OOC:
PCs turn. What do you do?
Feb 23, 2024 8:48 pm
OOC:
Well... We'll see. Always nervous about a D20 roll
I haven't seen any sort of Aiming actions so... Swing I guess. Nothing else to do I think?
Ooo. Darn. Doubtful.
Last edited February 23, 2024 8:53 pm

Rolls

Slaine Rowan: Stab - Usual roll - (1D20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Erin Brand

daryen

Feb 23, 2024 9:20 pm
Erin Brand
OOC:
I have Erin as having a laser rifle and a knife with also some woven body armor. Can she get a clean shot off, or does she need to close with the knife?
Feb 23, 2024 11:55 pm
With a swift and decisive motion, Slaine unsheathed their sword, the blade gleaming. With determined strides, they advanced towards the armed thug, their focus locked on incapacitating him without causing lethal harm.

As they closed the distance, Slaine launched into a series of calculated strikes, aiming to subdue their opponent. However, the thug was prepared, his secure clothing providing some protection against Slaine's blade.
Thug 1 received 3 damage (Shock)
OOC:
Erin can move north to have a clear shot at T1, I can increase the street there. But she won't have cover. Or she can use the knife or shoot the other thugs

Rolls

T1 hit points - (1d8)

Erin Brand

daryen

Feb 24, 2024 12:20 am
Erin Brand
OOC:
Oh, wait. The other thugs are in play, then? If they are, then she assumes Slaine can handle his guy and she worries about the others.

OK, a couple quick questions on her knife: If they all have secure clothing, or the equivalent, what kind of damage will the knife do? Will it work? Will its Shock work? I ask because she will definitely use her Savage Fray against the multiple opponents if the others are in play and the knife will work against their armor. Otherwise, she will work to pick them off one-by-one with her rifle.

Also, she isn't playing around. They are outnumbered and at a disadvantage. She's playing for keeps.
Feb 24, 2024 12:36 am
OOC:
They haven't done anything yet but they may, as they hear the commotion. I will roll for Notice, depending on your actions.

Secure clothing gives AC 13, but weapons work as usual. A knife is a small primitive weapon, so it has Shock 1 (until AC15) and hits for 1d4 damage
Feb 24, 2024 12:49 am
OOC:
AC13? I get 2 shock damage.
Feb 24, 2024 12:51 am
OOC:
PhoenixScientist says:
AC13? I get 2 shock damage.
Plus your Strength modifier = 3.
Feb 24, 2024 7:50 pm
OOC:
I realized you are waiting for Erin. I can't properly post until tomorrow. Sorry for the slight delay.
Feb 24, 2024 8:26 pm
OOC:
Don't worry. That's not even a delay, that's our agreed posting rate =DD

Erin Brand

daryen

Feb 25, 2024 4:28 pm
Erin Brand
OOC:
One more question: Is the garage door open or not? If not, she'll help with the one target they have now. Otherwise, she'll start working on the others.
Feb 25, 2024 4:42 pm
OOC:
It is closed (for now)

Erin Brand

daryen

Feb 25, 2024 11:20 pm
Erin Brand
OOC:
OK, thanks.
Since there is only one opponent at the moment, and because they need to take him down quickly if they want to keep it that way, Erin quickly moves to flank T1 and knife him. That's assuming she can do both (move close and attack with the knife). She will then work to try to get around T1 towards the one door that is currently available. (The door in N3.) She will try to hug the building as much as she can while doing this.
Feb 25, 2024 11:37 pm
OOC:
Quote:
Erin quickly moves to flank T1 and knife him.
Rolling the dice for you. ;)
Erin recognized the dire situation they were in. Outnumbered and at a disadvantage, she knew that swift and decisive action was necessary to turn the tide in their favor.

Without hesitation, Erin sprang into action, her movements fueled by determination and a fierce desire to protect her partner. With a deft flick of her wrist, she drew her knife and lunged towards the thug nearest Slaine, her blade finding its mark with precision as it struck true.

The thug let out a startled cry as Erin's knife sank into his side. Before the thug could react, Erin completed with a powerful punch to his jaw, knocking him off balance and sending him crashing to the ground with a resounding thud.
OOC:
The punch is there just for flavor. The 4 damage, considering Slaine's previous stab, were enough to knock him down.
Quote:
That's assuming she can do both (move close and attack with the knife). She will then ...
You can. That's a move to flank and a main action to stab. But after that, that's the end of your turn.

As the thugs heard Erin's swift and decisive actions, their expressions hardened with determination. Instead of fleeing or surrendering, they began to advance towards Slaine and Erin, their movements coordinated and purposeful.

Two of the men swiftly moved to open the garage door, their hands reaching for the controls with urgency. With a mechanical whir, the door began to slide open, revealing to Slaine the darkened expanse of the warehouse inside. A third pulled a laser pistol and took cover behind a gravcar chassis.

The forth and last one of them, the one doing something in the nearby room, moved further inside.

Map by 2-Minute Tabletop
OOC:
Next round. What do you do?

Rolls

Erin's stab with the knife - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Damage (knife) - (1d4)

(4) = 4

Secret Roll

Morale ML8 - (2d6)

(15) = 6

Feb 26, 2024 7:58 am
Slaine sighs, and prepares to possibly record on their compad, but expects to fight. "ITC Investigations. The only person I know is a criminal in that warehouse is Alfredo Hernandez. This doesn't have to get ugly . Anyone else is free to leave."

Erin Brand

daryen

Feb 26, 2024 2:08 pm
Erin Brand
Erin switches weapons and moves to N2 to get a shot on whoever comes out of the garage door that is opening from partial cover. She pulls Slaine around with her and whispers, "Hack whomever makes it through my gunfire."
Feb 26, 2024 4:22 pm
"Alfredo is not here. This doesn't have to get ugly. You leave, not us. This is our turf." - said one of the men.

The thugs moved to get some cover behind the broken gravcar. In the meantime, police reinforcements were on their way.

Map by 2-Minute Tabletop
OOC:

Quote:
Erin switches weapons and moves to N2
N2? Didn't get that. Are you going inside? Based on your message, it didn't sound like. =/ I've put you there, see the map above.

Either way, your turn again.
Feb 26, 2024 5:11 pm
Look. I get it, I grew up in the under city. You don't want ITC making your life harder or finding some fake charges to ruin your day.
But I've got better things to do. I have to find a terrorist, and you can understand that I'll need more than your word when looking for someone bombing ships.

Erin Brand

daryen

Feb 26, 2024 5:22 pm
Erin Brand
OOC:
For the record, I meant outside. Sorry for not being clear. Erin wanted to be outside along the wall in N2 so she would have partial cover while shooting at anyone coming out the garage door.
Erin whispers, "If he isn't here, where is he? The longer you stall, the better chance backup arrives."

Since everyone is hunkering down, Erin pulls back with her back to the wall to look up and around where she can easily see whatever is in view. Is there a second floor? Is the garage door she is now facing opening? We saw no one was in the office; she wants to keep it that way. Basically, there is one more person who is missing; Erin don't want that person to completely surprise them.
Last edited February 26, 2024 5:24 pm
Feb 26, 2024 5:25 pm
"Shit. Let us grab Knuckles, we will take him to a hospital and leave. Okay?"
OOC:
End of combat. For now?

Rolls

Slaine Rowan: Talk - Usual roll - (2D6+-1)

(61) - 1 = 6

load next

Thread locked